Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 11:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who want proof of the exodus
RE: For those who want proof of the exodus
Right. I'm not sure it's safe to say that very little is known of the past, but even going with that it doesn't mean you get to fill in the blanks with any old shit.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 24, 2016 at 4:03 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 24, 2016 at 3:58 pm)dyresand Wrote: Brakeman let's not keep waiting it's  been like what nearly two thousand years for christians to prove that their boring book is true.

You're weren't going to say that "their was no evidence for the Exodus?"

why break the pattern of rebuttal? It was working so well for you.
Rolleyes

At least i am not on the going to  be banned eventually list.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
For the record, nobody here is on that list, even if there was such a list anyway. Please don't fan the flames of paranoia.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 24, 2016 at 6:47 pm)Stimbo Wrote: For the record, nobody here is on that list, even if there was such a list anyway. Please don't fan the flames of paranoia.

I'm sorry Stimbo
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
No worries, just didn't want to give anyone ammunition.
Quote:Did you not read the OP? I pointed to the source material there.

No, dripshit, you pointed to a fucking asinine movie cobbled together by a couple of bible-thumping shitwits who just KNOW that their fucking fairy tales are true no matter how many times they are told otherwise.

You're pathetic.
(January 24, 2016 at 3:59 pm)Drich Wrote:
(January 24, 2016 at 3:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Of course I do, stupid.  (BTW, the word you are groping for is "deluded" not "diluted" you dumb fuck.)

Archaeology has evidence. You have a book of fairy tales.  No matter how many holy-joes you trot out to say "GOD SAID" it does not overcome the actual evidence which is that your fucking bible is a pile of shit.

And you are an asshole.  Read it or not.  I doubt that you can comprehend real science because of your abject desire to believe that nonsense is true.

What do you think this discussion is about? I provided a source that lists/Compiles 1/2 a dozen primary sources in or that was found by Archaeological efforts that support the exodus... Now accept the evidence or not, your role if you are wanting to be apart of this discussion is not to provide unsupported 'commentary' that does not address the evidence, but only supports what you want to believe. That is just blind wanting. and empty effort/wishing my statement was not true.

Your task would be to address the primary and secondary source material by showing it was translated improperly, show that the material or source was flawed by providing better source material or even quote a commentary with quotations of/to other sources of evidence that are of or greater stock than what was listed.

_or you can correct grammar errors my spell check makes.. I'm sure your peers will credit you and your efforts in doing so, as being more valid than if you actually spoke on point, coherently and topically for once.
So you believe that a million man army from Sudan invaded Israel as well.
Quote:Archaeological efforts that support the exodus...

Archaeologists disagree with your idiotic assertions.  Bible-thumping assholes who have no clue what they are looking at grasp at straws and use them to con shitheads like you.

You are easily conned, drippy.  Your whole life is an exercise in waste.
The more evidence there is, the less need there is for faith.

So this is really just self faith mutiliation. The religious consider their evidence to be actually evidence, while it has no impact on atheists who do not.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 24, 2016 at 4:56 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(January 24, 2016 at 3:47 pm)Drich Wrote: Are you asking which monument mentions Israeli slaves?
I'll have to watch the movie again, to get the name. I belive it was the son of Ramses the great who order this moument of the Great's history. It is a black tomb stone shape object that remains on site (not in a museum) found in the last 3/4 of the movie. I'll try and watch it again tonight for the name look it up and post a link.

I believe you're thinking of the Merneptah Stele, but it doesn't refer to Israelites being slaves in Egypt, but rather the stele details the Israelites having their seed wiped out in a military campaign outside of Egypt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah_Stele
I forgot to watch, but the scene I am referring to showed two or three hieroglyphs all denoting slaves that the Egyptians took, among them was the symbol for Israel. Again I'll set a reminder to watch and get that name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7219 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1376 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3987 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 5922 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Exodus 21 Bahana 69 6826 November 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Those Theists Willie23 50 5555 May 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10688 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2920 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6278 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19475 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished