Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:28 pm

Poll: Does this testimonial change your belief in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
3.17%
2 3.17%
No
96.83%
61 96.83%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Near death experience of Howard Storm
RE: Near death experience of Howard Storm
I know its late, but I read this as Howard Stern.

Imagine my disappointment....
For me, hallucinating showed me that what I could see through my eyes and other senses, were very limited. Just imagine if you were constantly hallucinating, you would think that's normal. It made me realize that what I think is normal is just in my brain, and my senses. We can only sense a limited spectrum of sights, smells, and feeling, yet we interpret that as reality, really only through our own ego, which is a perception our brain creates to make sense of the world around us. At the same time we all understand we can't see xrays, hears certain frequencies outside of what are ears are capable of, or feel what our nerves can't feel. It's almost like accepting ignorance. Sure we have tools to sense a lot beyond our senses, but these are still developing in their strength. Near death experiences are basically a shattering of our paradigms.
Perhaps it's time that I start talking about this again.

We are all souls, and here for a purpose of learning how to love. All reading this need to understand you chose to come to the physical realm. You chose to have a chance. Many are influenced by the physical because we are meant to experience this existence for what it is, so we can learn from it. It is not a place where we can always come to. Some are old souls, some are new souls, but we have all come for a chance to live. The opportunity here is something you don't get often, and we tend to take this for granted. Even I forget why I'm here often. The more you research the afterlife, and God, the more you will stop making mistakes. For many, it's all about living for the now, instead of living for who we truly are. Again myself included.

NDEs are important because they tell us who we are and where we came from and where we will go. Don't doubt your death is the end, and what you do has no consequences. I'm not here to judge, I'm here to let you know this is not the end. It's just the beginning...
Do you understand that things aren't automatically true just because you say them?

Even if you repeat them endlessly?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 2, 2016 at 1:13 am)robvalue Wrote: Do you understand that things aren't automatically true just because you say them?

Even if you repeat them endlessly?

What I'm talking about is the truth that affects all humans. It's basically spiritual law, and there is no use trying to go against it, since you will lose. I'm only trying to help people advance themselves, and myself. We all have free will to choose our destiny, but if you want to learn where destiny leads, you need to listen to those who have passed on. It will happen to us all, death is the only guarantee in life. The purpose of life is to learn how to love unconditionally, which is almost impossible, but when you separate yourself from the physical and reach towards the spiritual, you can achieve it. Trust me it's harder then anything. We are here to experience life, but also keep in mind, there is a law behind the scenes.
So no, you don't understand this then.

Even if you call it a spiritual law. Even if you claim it's for our own good. It's not true just because you say it.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(April 2, 2016 at 1:29 am)robvalue Wrote: So no, you don't understand this then.

Even if you call it a spiritual law. Even if you claim it's for our own good. It's not true just because you say it.

Is it false because you say it is?

Those who have experienced it will approve of this message. Those that don't want to believe it will also besmirch it.

In the end, love is all that matters to your development. It will determine your vibrational level, and where you go. Even in your life here, the state of mind will determine your experiences.
I give up. Carry on.

Index of my best videos
(April 2, 2016 at 1:40 am)robvalue Wrote: I give up. Carry on.

Trust me sometimes I wish it's wasn't true, so I could take certain people out of the equation. There are times I wish we were just animals, and could avoid the consequences of the spiritual realms. There comes a time of accepting what is for what it is. I found this out a few years back, and this information is essential to the human experience. The truth needs to be known.
(April 2, 2016 at 1:46 am)scoobysnack Wrote:
(April 2, 2016 at 1:40 am)robvalue Wrote: I give up. Carry on.

Trust me sometimes I wish it's wasn't true, so I could take certain people out of the equation. There are times I wish we were just animals, and could avoid the consequences of the spiritual realms. There comes a time of accepting what is for what it is. I found this out a few years back, and this information is essential to the human experience. The truth needs to be known.

Yammering on about this again?  We've already told you in a hundred different ways that we're not buying it.  You need PROOF of your "truth", otherwise it's just fantasy.  Did you think that by going on and on ad nauseum about your little fantasy is going to kill enough of our brain cells and we'll - what - name you as our "spiritual guide" or something?  Why don't you go preach at some forum where the folks might actually agree with you?
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporal lobe epilepsy & religious experience. Jehanne 80 5502 March 20, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 17053 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Noah's Ark (!) Shows How Seaworthy It Is In A Storm Minimalist 68 13803 January 10, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5547 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7917 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  My experience in a Moon church/organization (korean religion) Macoleco 20 7130 May 20, 2017 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Lightning Storm Therefore God... ReptilianPeon 22 3159 May 7, 2015 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Doing a big poo is a Religious experience FreeTony 8 3950 February 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: StuW
  Apologist Matt Slick's atheist daughter tells of her experience growing up Fidel_Castronaut 20 9016 July 22, 2013 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Disturbed Theist Calls The Atheist Experience Cosmic Ape 117 49048 April 10, 2013 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Ryantology