Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 19, 2024, 3:30 pm

Poll: I am curious to know
This poll is closed.
Would you change your mind about God and start believing.
0%
0 0%
Would you believe them but you wouldn't change your mind anyway.
0%
0 0%
Would you think that they had an hallucination so no you still wouldn't believe in God.
100.00%
50 100.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Curious to know
RE: Curious to know
(June 29, 2016 at 9:29 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(June 29, 2016 at 9:11 am)Stimbo Wrote: Rikky, wtf is wrong with you?

Brother Stim.  Hi

I suppose it has to do with my low reputation in here.  4 Horsemen

You don't imagine how envious of your top reputation I am.  Indubitably

What a pity I don't give a shit.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 29, 2016 at 9:11 am)Stimbo Wrote: Rikky, wtf is wrong with you?

I can supply a list if you'd like
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Go for it. I need a laugh.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Okay....

Demented
Narcissistic
Conceited
Selfish
Argumentative
Boring
Bat crap crazy
Delusional
Not on enough medication
Lacks any flowers of common sense in his garden
Urgently needs psychiatric help
Repetitive
Makes horribly bad jokes
Uses too many emoticons
Lacks logic
Is several fries short of a happy meal
Doesn't know how to be facetious
Thinks he's funny
Continues to post here.

That should cover it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Sam Harris is named one of the four horsemen of atheism - he is a very prominent atheist figure. And he's one of my intellectual heroes.

Let's say I personally got to meet him, and not only that, I even became close friends with him. And so, one day, he invites me to lunch, and he describes to me the NDE he had and that he believes in God now. Not only that, but he starts talking about the philosophy behind this new belief of his. And the reasons he gives sound incredibly compelling and sophisticated.

What would I do?

I would first make sure he isn't joking, then I'd take care to somehow establish whether he lost his mind. If it turns out that he's genuine and in a sound state of mind, I would simply frown, start feeling a little emptier inside, stand up, shake his hand, and leave, both the locale and the friendship.

I can also genuinely tell you that if you could offer me anything I desire in exchange for somehow brainwashing me into believing in God, yes, even immortality, I would decline at once. Interestingly enough, that is exactly what happens at some level with most imbeciles of your creed, whatever it is.
Little Rik - nature's troll.

I really would like to say, that I admire the patience and the self-control of people still trying to reason with this irredeemable moron gone mental, despite his insults and condescension.

But I don't. Tongue

Debating Rik is like wrestling with the guy, who wants to rub himself against you on a train - it's exactly what the f*cker wants...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 29, 2016 at 11:58 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Okay....

That should cover it.

Uhm... You left out "uneducated".

Stay in school, kids. Wink
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 29, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Little Rik - nature's troll.

I really would like to say, that I admire the patience and the self-control of people still trying to reason with this irredeemable moron gone mental, despite his insults and condescension.

But I don't. Tongue

Debating Rik is like wrestling with the guy, who wants to rub himself against you on a train - it's exactly what the f*cker wants...

That mental image you provided sounds like a good reason to carry a gun.
(June 29, 2016 at 12:09 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: That mental image you provided sounds like a good reason to carry a gun.

To a psycho - perhaps. But a rational person knows, that if they shoot a weirdo on a train - regardless of his transgression - they'll be in a lot more trouble, then it is to simply walk away.
(June 29, 2016 at 10:41 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(June 29, 2016 at 9:36 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: This isn't a matter of reputation, Rik. It's a matter of you simply ignoring opposing arguments, evidence, and propositions of other people while continuing to assert your own shit without so much as a drop of support, then acting as if we're the dumb ones because we want you to support your bullshit.

You are an absolute joke Pinky.  Banging Head On Desk

How these NDE could have seen what was happening in other rooms of the hospital while their dead body
lie in the emergency room?
Their report was validated by doctors and nurses that were present there so it is you guys that ignore evidence not me.  Smile

Sorry mate, you fail once again.  Banghead

You didn't even get that story right, Rik. Somebody else had to track it down and link to it for you, and several of your details were off. The story you're telling is one that you made up, and the story it's based on does not seem to indicate that anything impossible happened, nor is it properly documented, nor is it anything more than an anecdote.

So, until you can provide links or other documentation for your story, including all this doctor confirmation you keep lying about, I intend to dismiss this story as false. Until you can show that this actually did happen, it's a waste of time for anyone to attempt to explain to you why and how it happened. You'll just readjust the details, or you'll just keep asserting the same story with no evidence and no basis.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The curious case of Sarah Salviander. Jehanne 24 6414 December 27, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Curious about sneezing lol mlmooney89 29 4819 June 23, 2016 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  Curious question of curiosity. Spooky 44 5808 November 14, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Spooky
Lightbulb Just Curious Just-A-Curious-Girl 84 17783 August 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman