Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The real religion?
RE: The real religion?
(August 18, 2016 at 9:50 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 9:38 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Do you think it is fair for people to be hyper-skeptical about evolution?

Fortunately for evolution, the evidence is abundant.

And unfortunately for many religious fundamentalists.
(August 18, 2016 at 9:52 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 9:50 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Absolutely, because skepticism doesn't mean "refuse to accept."   Skepticism means that you will not accept a proposition as true until the proper evidence has been demonstrated.  Fortunately for evolution, the evidence is abundant.

I haven't seen any evidence,

Take the blindfold off first.
(August 18, 2016 at 9:52 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I haven't seen any evidence,

Try reading something besides the bible for once.

And what's with this fear of evolution anyway? My parents are Christians, and they accept evolution no problem. Then again, my dad is also an organic chemist, so he's one of those rare Christians that actually understands science.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 10:02 pm)Jesster Wrote: Nope. I'm just responding to your eye-rolling dialogue with some of my own.

I agree.. I got tired of rolling my eyes, and decided to give this view a shot.....albeit it with consistency.  
And the view does give the burden of proof an interesting twist.

Let's talk about twists. This thread is about showing evidence for religion. It sure is nice how you've spun this around to making others prove evolution. That certainly gives your religion so much more credit. Protip: it doesn't.

If you want evidence for evolution, it helps to actually research the sources of it for once.

Here's a good place to start. Don't take their word for it, since they've just put it all in one handy place. They've put up links to their sources for something more solid. I'm not expecting you to put the work in though. Here's me wasting my time on you again.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Now it would be nice for you to be on topic at least once.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(August 18, 2016 at 10:10 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 9:52 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I haven't seen any evidence,

Try reading something besides the bible for once.

And what's with this fear of evolution anyway? My parents are Christians, and they accept evolution no problem. Then again, my dad is also an organic chemist, so he's one of those rare Christians that actually understands science.

I am told that is not sufficient.

And I don't have a fear of evolution. I use to be an evolutionist and then I started researching the issue.
(August 18, 2016 at 10:12 pm)Jesster Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I agree.. I got tired of rolling my eyes, and decided to give this view a shot.....albeit it with consistency.  

Let's talk about twists. This thread is about showing evidence for religion. It sure is nice how you've spun this around to making others prove evolution. That certainly gives your religion so much more credit. Protip: it doesn't.

If you want evidence for evolution, it helps to actually research the sources of it for once.

Here's a good place to start. Don't take their word for it, since they've just put it all in one handy place. They've put up links to their sources for something more solid. I'm not expecting you to put the work in though. Here's me wasting my time on you again.

Evidence for religion?
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(August 18, 2016 at 10:12 pm)Jesster Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 10:08 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I agree.. I got tired of rolling my eyes, and decided to give this view a shot.....albeit it with consistency.  

It's not about proving or disproving evolution. And does have to do with the topic....perhaps not directly, but with some of the claims here.
The real religion?
(August 18, 2016 at 9:27 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Sure.... I would be curious to know why they are insisting they are due to parallel universe slips. However, it doesn't sound from your description, that it is because of something that they witnessed, rather it is a conclusion for these false memories. I don't think that remembering a slightly different name for the Berenstain Bears cartoons; it follows that there must be a parallel universe.

Here are just a few conspiracists' web sites for your entertainment. It's is also ALL over YouTube.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1115051/pg1

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/

http://mandelaeffect.com

(The site owner for that last one recently disabled the comments section here, but you get the idea)
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
THERE IS NO MORE 666 REPLIESSS

(August 18, 2016 at 10:17 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 10:12 pm)Jesster Wrote: Let's talk about twists. This thread is about showing evidence for religion. It sure is nice how you've spun this around to making others prove evolution. That certainly gives your religion so much more credit. Protip: it doesn't.

It's not about proving or disproving evolution. And does have to do with the topic....perhaps not directly, but with some of the claims here.

Here we go again. Let's dance around the topic and avoid doing anything productive some more.
[Image: Metal-Spinning-Tops-04-v2.jpg?1386795449]
I don't believe you. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 11247 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 5054 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 20199 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 51512 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5291 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused