Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 12:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for an intilectual sparing partner
RE: looking for an intilectual sparing partner
(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: So my question again is, how many of you here understand there is an ultimate truth? A yes and no will do, again not looking to debate. Smile
I understand i am illiterate so i hope you look past that.
I do and found it on my own after many years of work. The journey has led me right through and quite beyond the bible. But I still revisit it on occasion. Wink
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Dude, make a thread.  This is not the place.  The intro forum is for saying hi.  Smile and wave, you know?  Hi.   Smile

Now, go make a thread, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: So my question again is, how many of you here understand there is an ultimate truth? A yes and no will do, again not looking to debate. Smile
I understand i am illiterate so i hope you look past that.

How can we respond until you tell us what you believe "ultimate truth" is? Or do you believe that "ultimate truth" is universal and therefore we should just know, with no definition or explanation?

Start a thread outside introductions please.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Guys, can we take it outside, please?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Fine fine you're right i'll start a new thread
(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: I also genuinely believe that you are not all athiests for lack of evidence. But because you either don't care, genuinely decieved, or ignorant on purpose. Either way you don't need me to point you towards evidence, it's out there for all to see.

You can believe as you wish. If you're open to evidence (in this case, evidence as to why I or anyone else do not believe), you'll listen, rather than poison the well.

Me, I don't think you possess that. I know this is your introduction thread, and that I'm therefore not able to fire back at your condescension without falling afoul of the rules. Perhaps you'll put this thought of yours into the wider forum so that you can get the discussion you portray yourself wanting?

Or perhaps you'll simply stay in here and enjoy lobbing baseless potshots from your safe space.

Your choice will cetainly inform my opinion of your sincerity.

(October 12, 2016 at 12:24 am)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: .RE: looking for an intilectual sparing partner

Sorry, I am constrained to only spar with intellectual sparing partners
looking for an intilectual sparing partner
(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: I also genuinely believe that you are not all athiests for lack of evidence. But because you either don't care, genuinely decieved, or ignorant on purpose.

That's nice.

Quote:Either way you don't need me to point you towards evidence, it's out there for all to see.

Unsupported assertion.

Quote:What you have to understand is that finding the truth isn't easy if you are a critical thinker. Some people simply arn't convinced easily, i get it. But seeking the answers is as rigorous and time consuming as any college course. You may not find ALL the evidence to convince you after a day or even a week of "research". And yet i know even that wouldn't convince some of you, some just don't want to.

Thank you for informing me of my inner motivations and biases. What would I have done without you?

Quote:So my question again is, how many of you here understand there is an ultimate truth?

Unsupported assertion.

Got anything else?

Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: ..of course i do believe the majority of you are bitter and resentfull of  the idea of god. That much is clear.

Probably some atheists are .. you know, can't believe but not happy about it.  But that is far from describing all of us.

(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: I also genuinely believe that you are not all athiests for lack of evidence.

You got that right.  Most of us are not seekers for the evidence which would allow us to believe fantastic things.  That certainly is no project of mine.  When most atheists say they are critical of the quality of the evidence it is merely by way of being polite -instead of just ignoring you- in the face of the pushiness of many fundamentalists.  No, what's been offered does not persuade and we're fine with that.  Thanks for not asking again.

(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: But because you either don't care, ..

Got me.

(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: .. genuinely decieved, ..

Okay that could be, just as it could be true for you.  Meh.

(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: .. or ignorant on purpose.

Yeah, that's probably not it.  Do you ever secretly suspect that about yourself?  Because I never suspect that of anyone else.  No reason to I don't suppose.

(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: Either way you don't need me to point you towards evidence, ..

On that we can all agree.  So why not relax and enjoy your time here?  If God taps me on the shoulder and steers me your way, you'll be the first to know.  But lets not hold our breath, huh?

(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: What you have to understand is that finding the truth isn't easy if you are a critical thinker. Some people simply arn't convinced easily, i get it. But seeking the answers is as rigorous and time consuming as any college course. You may not find ALL the evidence to convince you after a day or even a week of "research". And yet i know even that wouldn't convince some of you, some just don't want to.

And here I thought we were making progress.  Our finding those answers is your project, not ours .. for whatever reason and sometimes for no reason at all.  We're just not the same people.  I don't need you to pursue any of my projects.  I'm sorry this is hard for you.

(October 13, 2016 at 1:46 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: I understand i am illiterate so i hope you look past that.

That is another thing I don't particularly care about.
Maybe "sparing" isn't your game, Soldat. I know..

A Gemma is forever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 4119 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Struggling with Catholic Partner Satch 22 3150 November 17, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Another man looking for truth Dayron 41 6398 August 18, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
Tongue Looking for a place to belong pocket god 18 3101 May 26, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Raised as a Christian - looking for discussion GriffinHunter 32 7148 March 19, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1205 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3294 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hello, is it you i'm looking for? I can see it in your eyes... djkamilo 13 2611 January 4, 2014 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Hello...Looking to learn more here StoryBook 25 5120 December 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Looking for new forum home. Hobbitgirl 41 7012 November 1, 2013 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Ben Davis