Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 1:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 18, 2016 at 3:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:20 pm)Drich Wrote: see above sex in the presence of physical resistance or obstructive measures.

However this does not mean one can not consent to the sex even if that person is putting up a fight. Watch old American movies, a very tame version of this is played out in any movie before 1960.

This is not just some weird Asian thing. It was normal to a degree. Asians (Can be Christians) and still morally have forced (consensual sex) with one another.

So basically consensual rough dominance/submissive type play. If that is what you mean, then I agree this is not rape.

Which, in that case.... is not forced because both parties are consenting to it.

He fails miserably to grasp this very simple concept.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 18, 2016 at 3:39 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: How does one tell when the other person changes their mind?

This is the reason I said only people who truly love, trust and understand each other to a t should do this, lest an actual rape occurs or a false one gets reported.

Safe word!!!   I like "pineapple nut sack".  [emoji1]

Um, yeah. I'm dumb, sorry.
(October 18, 2016 at 3:31 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:16 pm)Losty Wrote: Wait what? If there is consent, the sex is not forced. You can't force someone to do something they're already doing willingly that makes no sense.

He's defining the word "forced" differently.

lol what a shocker. Maybe Drich needs to write his own drichtionary so people will know what the heck he talking about.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 18, 2016 at 3:36 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:33 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: He is, but the root of the problem is his idea of 'consent,' because according to him sex can be forced but also have consent.  And for Drich, physically resisting or fighting against sex that is being forced onto you still means you're 'consenting.'

When he says forced he merely means rough bdsm roleplay type sex that is consensual. 

I don't care what words he uses, quite honestly. If he agrees that sex which is not consensual is rape, then I don't care how he uses the word "forced.

But you should care because he's twisting words to suit his own agenda rather than actually discussing the relevant one to this thread. He's gone so far off the topic and changed the narrative so many times that I've lost count. All to get out of admitting that he's been wrong about every single issue he's attempted to discuss.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 18, 2016 at 3:40 pm)Losty Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Consent and force are not exclusive in that context, they can actually go hand in hand. You consent to it before the actual act takes place, but then you get in character and you don't. You resist and the other party resorts to force. That's the whole point of it and is what Drich is talking about, I believe. Everyone is purposefully misunderstanding him. I wonder if it has anything to do with him being a theist.

Yes I'm objecting to his opinion because he's a theist Rolleyes

Are you a theist? Did you know that there's a difference between using physical force and actually forcing someone to do something? You can play pretend all you like (even when it's a cultural norm and not a sex game it's still playing pretend) but the second you're legitimately forcing someone it is rape. If she's not pretending to resist it's is rape. If she's pretending to resist it is not forced sex.

Why she? Maybe male gay couples do this as well - I'm sure they do.
(October 18, 2016 at 3:45 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:40 pm)Losty Wrote: Yes I'm objecting to his opinion because he's a theist Rolleyes

Are you a theist? Did you know that there's a difference between using physical force and actually forcing someone to do something? You can play pretend all you like (even when it's a cultural norm and not a sex game it's still playing pretend) but the second you're legitimately forcing someone it is rape. If she's not pretending to resist it's is rape. If she's pretending to resist it is not forced sex.

Why she? Maybe male gay couples do this as well - I'm sure they do.

Oh please...
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Losty Wrote: If it's just a fantasy and you need to put the word forced in "quotations" then it is not forced sex. It's all an act. It may be a very elaborate and convincing act but it's still an act. The second the person pretending to resist changes their mind and begins resisting for real the consent is lost and the act, if continued, becomes rape. You cannot have consensual forced sex. You can only have consensual sex where both parties agree to pretend the sex is forced.

How does one tell when the other person changes their mind?

This is the reason I said only people who truly love, trust and understand each other to a t should do this, lest an actual rape occurs or a false one gets reported.

This could probably use its own thread tbh. It's hard to keep up with both conversations. In any sane relationship the people acting out the fantasy sex would have an agreed upon way for the fake victim to convey that they have changed their mind. Be it using a safe word, snapping their fingers, blinking their eyes. Anyone who goes into a scene like that without figuring those things out first is putting themselves at risk.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 18, 2016 at 3:38 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:36 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: When he says forced he merely means rough bdsm roleplay type sex that is consensual. 

I don't care what words he uses, quite honestly. If he agrees that sex which is not consensual is rape, then I don't care how he uses the word "forced.

But nowhere in this thread has he indicated that he's talking about bdsm roleplay or fantasy.  At all.

If he spend dozens of pages trying to get that point across, and all he has to say is that he's talking about it in a fetish/fantasy setting, then yes, I would agree, I love the freaky fetish stuff as much as the next person.

Literally all he has to do is say that simple statement.  So he's either the single worst communicator that I have ever seen, or he's not talking about bdsm fantasy.

He's referring to cultures in which women are supposed to "act" like they don't want to have sex. I don't care if he defines it as bdsm or roleplay or what. Bottom line is he is referring to sex that IS consensual. However it was he twisted words to get there, I don't care. 

And like I said, I think he may like to stir up drama. That could be another reason why he's refraining from better explaining his position in a way that would make us go "Ohhh, ok then. Yeah, I agree with that." 

That's why I think we need to leave it alone.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 18, 2016 at 3:42 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: All Drich has to say is "I'm talking about bdsm fetish stuff." And this issue is dead in the water.  But he won't, because he's not.

He won't because he wants to keep the drama going, I believe.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 18, 2016 at 3:48 pm)Losty Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: How does one tell when the other person changes their mind?

This could probably use its own thread tbh. It's hard to keep up with both conversations. In any sane relationship the people acting out the fantasy sex would have an agreed upon way for the fake victim to convey that they have changed their mind. Be it using a safe word, snapping their fingers, blinking their eyes. Anyone who goes into a scene like that without figuring those things out first is putting themselves at risk.

Funnily enough, I made that suggestion, in a nice way, and got my head bit off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1389 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16890 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 516 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1534 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1178 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1703 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 676 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1688 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1015 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25832 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13