Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 11, 2016 at 9:58 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm actually going to Orlando soon, and it's making me vividly fantasize about tracking Drich down and kicking him square in the nuts.

If you prevented even one of his spawn from entering the world you time in the clink will have been worth it.
(October 12, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Mamacita Wrote: My chest literally hurts and my neck is about to explode. I should've stayed the fuck out of this thread, but no. I walked right in, because the original post was an interesting topic. I sincerely hope that man can someday feel what victims have felt. 

Hence Thump's prior question to drippy,

(October 11, 2016 at 9:05 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: .. all I can say to Drich is ... pineapple or cactus?

(October 12, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Mamacita Wrote: Fuck you and your ASK, and your arrogant ways. You should be ashamed of yourself.

He's broken. Not worth your breath talking to that one.
(October 13, 2016 at 11:54 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I envy those who have never met you, Drich.

I assume you mean cyber-met him?  You poor, poor fat and faithless bastard.
(October 13, 2016 at 1:49 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 10:41 am)Kingpin Wrote: Ok, I'd like to jump in here.  Originally the statute of limitations was set because of the difficulty to prove the accusation after a prolonged length of time, however there were also exceptions allowing the statute to be extended in instances of DNA evidence linked to the accusation.  

Drich is completely wrong here IMO.  Waiting 5 years to report someone kicking you in not the same as rape.  Being a victim of sex abuse myself, I know first hand the psychological toll it takes and the thoughts and emotions involved.  There should be no statute and there are increasingly more states bringing laws and passing them to drop, extend and amend the current statutes.  We are seeing progress because there is more awareness in to this incredible epidemic facing our country.  All sexual crimes should be indictable at any point so long as the evidence is strong enough to indict.  To put a timeline on it is wrong.

Jerkoff

How is you opening paragraph any different than what i said?

[Obviously not addressed to fuck face.]

You can tell a lot about people by the people they treat with disrespect.  Not that anyone needed further evidence.  I'm just determined to work my way through the shit storm and you poor bastards have put up with my reactions to it all - none of which are for the asshole's sake.
(October 21, 2016 at 11:36 am)Drich Wrote: 1)The word rape How ever you define it legally, is classified as a criminal act in this country. Meaning in order for you to use this word to "empower" victims you must have the full weight the the US legal system supporting you. Otherwise why not use the word forced sex?
Firstly, "forced sex" -is- rape...so it hardly matters which word one uses.  The full weight of the us government -is- behind anyone who has been "raped" or "subjected to forced sex".

Quote:2) I defined "criminal act" several times and left links to it's legal definition:
Criminal act is an act committed by a person that violates a law and which is punishable by the government. Criminal acts are offenses against the public which are punishable. It can be any act or omission or possession which poses a threat to the public.
http://definitions.uslegal.com/c/criminal-act/
So the #2 point is so long as a rape is considered a criminal act It gives is an alledged rape victim the empowerment you seek/the full weight of US legal system behind them.
Hey look, you finally got one right on accident.  Gratz brosef.  Course, that probably has something to do with legal definitions being written specificaly for the purpose of stymieing sleazeballs like yourself.  If you could have spun it, you would have, lol.

Quote:3) IF a rape has occurred outside an SOL (Which is How Some states Identify/Limit the definition of a rape) then it ceases to be prosecutable/becomes not punishable by the government.
It doesn't, that's not what an SOL does, this isn't the first time you've been made aware of this.  
Quote:4) once the act ceases to be punishable by the government, it ceases to be a criminal act, by the very defination of the word.
Since that day never comes, this is an irrelevance.

Quote:5)If the alleged rape is not a criminal act then it no longer provides any legal support from the governement as a prosecutible crime.
-AND
If a Rape is also defined by a SOL, and that SOL has expired, (because again the SOL Limits the definition as to how long an accusation of rape can be considered a Crime.) the word rape by legal defination no longer applies to whatever happened.
Again, that's not what an SOL does, what more needs be or -can- be said?  

Quote:6)Conclusion: To use the term rape if it does not meet the parameters set fourth by the legal definition (which includes the SOL) Then it is no different legally speaking than if nothing happened at all.
Even if you weren't hilariously wrong with the above, you would still be wrong here.  If there is no trial, the state makes no comment.  They certainly don't default to the ludicrous position that...since a trial did not occur, nothing happened, legally or colloquially.  

Quote:7)UNDERSTAND This If Nothing Else. You are not arguing with me, You are arguing with how the justice department identifies and prosecutes rape cases. If this were not so, then why won't the state prosecute rape cases outside an SOL?? (not special exceptions where the law allows, but in general when a case does not meet any special requirements)
You neither write our laws, nor are you capable of accurately communicating them, nor are you capable of understanding them.  Yes, Drich...it's all you here.  These are your rape related fantasies.  Apparently, you have a whole pile of them.
Quote:Also know that the Statue of Limitations has been set in the case of most crime because we are a country where the presumption of innocence is written in to our constitutional rights. there is a bigger picture at play here than just the minority of victims who can't/wont come forward.

So, If siding with popular morality and calling our law enforcement murders and charging people with rape without due process is what you call 'human' I'll pass. i'd much rather be an a 'Merrican!
OFC there's a bigger picture, but it has nothing to do with any of your imbecilic statements - frankly, you've flat out ignored the bigger picture in favor of your rape related fantasies, and that bigger picture has nothing to do with your laughable "pop morality" obsession either.  I doubt that you'd be capable of being an american even if you miraculously came to understand what that meant.  

It takes a real un-american piece of work, for example...to wrap himself in the flag while engaging in rape apologism.  May as well set it on fire and force it up your asshole while you're at it, post and all.
Dodgy
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 14, 2016 at 7:02 am)Iroscato Wrote: Who What the hell is Drich?

Fixed that for you.
(October 14, 2016 at 2:37 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(October 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Actually, he gave his away a long time ago.

No. Hate him as you may (and trust me, I was mad too), he is still a human being and should be recognized as such.

I recognize him as a vile human being.  Does that count?
That's it. I'm out. Thought I had ten pages to read to get caught up but I just read like twenty. Those were some precious hours lost devoid of purpose other than confirming that the vast majority of people on these forums are ones I largely agree with .. with one clear exception.

Now I need a shower and lots of soap.
(October 21, 2016 at 1:30 pm)Whateverist Wrote: You can tell a lot about people by the people they treat with disrespect.

I haven't seen anything not showing disrespect towards basically everyone. Maybe he shows some respect for people in his circles. Or what they believe to be respect. Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that kind of respect either. At the very least I couldn't look in a mirror anymore if I said or did anything that makes him respect me.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The derision of -some- people is nothing less than a badge of honor.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1390 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16890 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 516 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1534 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1178 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1703 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 676 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1688 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1015 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25832 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13