Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is there objective Truth?
RE: Is there objective Truth?
So according to your reasoning, deductive reasoning is useless then?

(October 25, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 11:14 am)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: Correction... I've never observed genetic mutation adding NEW genetic information.

Fixed your post.

In response to your baseless assertion which has been proven to be wrong, http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB102.html.

In fact I'd advise you to read the whole of talk origins. It pretty comprehensively debunks the fallacies and lies of the shits behind creatardism and cdesign propnentsistism.

These arn't examples of NEW gentetic code being introduced, but taken from one source to another. Or devolving which doesn't help your case
(October 25, 2016 at 3:41 pm)Rhythm Wrote: 42 pages....still not sure what an objective truth is

It's just truth, really.

It's objective in the sense of absolute. The truth is the actual state of things objectively and absolutely.

The concept of truth, or "truth" may be interpreted different relatively and subjectively to people... but when most people talk of truth they are talking about the actual state of things objectively how it corresponds to reality.

So really "truth" is just shorthand for "objective truth".

It's "subjective truth" that doesn't really make any sense (in a similar way to how obversely "objective bias" doesn't make any sense)... unless by that what is meant is "the objective truth about people's subjectivity" or "people's subjective interpretation of objective truth as opposed to the objective truth itself."
(October 25, 2016 at 8:21 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: So according to your reasoning, deductive reasoning is useless then?

(October 25, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote: Fixed your post.

In response to your baseless assertion which has been proven to be wrong, http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB102.html.

In fact I'd advise you to read the whole of talk origins. It pretty comprehensively debunks the fallacies and lies of the shits behind creatardism and cdesign propnentsistism.

These arn't examples of NEW gentetic code being introduced, but taken from one source to another. Or devolving which doesn't help your case

What the hell do you mean by NEW genetic code?
(October 25, 2016 at 9:01 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 8:21 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: So according to your reasoning, deductive reasoning is useless then?

What the hell do you mean by NEW genetic code?

I don't know how else to clarify what i mean by new, it's self explanitory. We have observed genetic information being passed latteraly from one gene pool to another, and mutatations causing a distortion of existing genetic code. That's losing information, not new information.

The forementioned page by Joseph boxhorn suggests we can observe speciation in the isolation of interbreeding organisms, the 'biological species concept'. The whole idea is contingent on classification and cannot be used as a solid foundation for conclusive research. He admits that there is uncertainty in this area in 2.2.2 stating "The application of the BSC to a number of groups, including land plants, is problematical because of interspecific hybridization between clearly delimited species"

At the end of the day we have not, and i dare say cannot observe a phenomena that hides behind billions of years.
(October 25, 2016 at 11:24 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 9:01 pm)Irrational Wrote: What the hell do you mean by NEW genetic code?

I don't know how else to clarify what i mean by new, it's self explanitory. We have observed genetic information being passed latteraly from one gene pool to another, and mutatations causing a distortion of existing genetic code. That's losing information, not new information.

Mutations leading to new information (e.g., way of functioning, physical trait). Sometimes, it can have negative effects, sometimes positive, and sometimes a combination of both, depending on the environment type in which the mutation (or set of mutations) develop(s).
(October 25, 2016 at 11:24 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 9:01 pm)Irrational Wrote: What the hell do you mean by NEW genetic code?

Ignore, for a moment, that this is entirely false -at best-, and at worst, meaningless.  Imagine that we've only seen "loss" of information.  So what?  It doesn't change what we see, the speciation observed.  This is just another example of how everyone being wrong abut everything won't make you right about anything.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 25, 2016 at 8:21 pm)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: These arn't examples of NEW gentetic code being introduced, but taken from one source to another. Or devolving which doesn't help your case

Eh? Devolving? Is that a thing? I mean. . . is that a thing in evolutionary theory? Cuz I don't think there's such a thing.
You have to keep in mind that these are people who think that evolution has some sort of ascending goal to devolve -from-.   They can;t step out of their religious beliefs -about- man (or anything else) earnestly enough to comprehend the subject they feel compelled to opine about. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 26, 2016 at 12:24 am)Rhythm Wrote: You have to keep in mind that these are people who think that evolution has some sort of ascending goal to devolve -from-.   They can;t step out of their religious beliefs -about- man (or anything else) earnestly enough to comprehend the subject they feel compelled to opine about. Wink

Indeed some people think that evolution has a goal and that goal is us and not just the body changing to fit the environment.
This does not fit with their simplistic view of the universe and cant see that evolution leads sometimes to loss of limbs such as snakes and can also lead to silly things like aquatic mammals who still need to come to the surface to breathe.
They want to see design they want to see purpose, they are fools.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Soldat du Christ : Gene duplication.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Is The Truth. disobey 81 7473 August 21, 2023 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 3544 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is truth. deepend 50 3580 March 31, 2022 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Truth deepend 130 5776 March 24, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Truth about Ethnicity onlinebiker 41 2925 September 2, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Objective Standard for Goodness! chimp3 33 6056 June 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 8638 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14400 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Does the head follow the heart in matters of truth? Angrboda 63 9422 March 19, 2018 at 7:42 am
Last Post: John V
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4629 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger