Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
God Yahweh Allah was a volcano.
RE: God Yahweh Allah was a volcano.
On the whole. Okay. So...you want me to put a call in to every Jewish friend I have and ask them what their parentage is? Because most of my temple was made of "mixed" marriages. As are many Jewish marriages these days. Was the intermarriage rate extremely low? Sure. Jewish genetics bottlenecks in some places.

What I'm arguing is that their race AND their religion aren't immune to outside sources of influence - even if those influences are small, and thus a book like the bible can't be held seriously as historical fact because they were affected in their philosophies and their folklore by the people around them.

And I'm not upset about anything except people promoting "historical" bullshittery.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(August 1, 2011 at 11:08 am)Rhythm Wrote: Perhaps you should have browsed that link a little better

http://www.israel-a-history-of.com/ancient-hebrews.html

"When the Amarna Letters were discovered, the term Habiru surfaced frequently for the first time. Bible scholars and historians were quick to determine a connection between the two, primarily based on the obvious linguistic similarity. However, this initial connection was premature.

The Habiru have widely been accepted by scholars as representing a social element only. This is one distinct difference between the Habiru and the ancient Hebrews."

Can I haz cheeseburger?

Oops! Well, that page fit well. I've said before that I believe the Hebrews were a random bunch of refugees, etc, before leaving Egypt and that their religion was only formulated when they arrrived at Mount Sinai. They could have been Habiru before and Hebrew after. One thing that makes it fit well is that people who believe they are special do not need to parade it about and wear it on their sleeves. Now, imagine the Hebrews were Habiru. They leave Egypt having stolen a load of gold and having lived a life of uncertain, challenging and sometimes criminal ways. Their hero is determined to change their fortunes and give them what they've never had before....unity, morality, security and a land they can call their own. Most importantly, though, he tells them they are special. So special in fact that they are god's chosen people! The psychology gives it away for me.
Most races/religions think they are "God's chosen people"
Indeed they do, you should read my ancestors tales of conquering a certain island and driving out the sub-human inhabitants. Epic winning.
(They weren't gods chosen people..they were fucking gods, beat that you gypsy minx!)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That's why I choose the Gael's for mates, and not the Jews, my dear.
(August 1, 2011 at 11:36 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: That's why I choose the Gael's for mates, and not the Jews, my dear.

This is not a personal debate. Please don't assume everything I say is targeted at you.
lmao. I don't Hannah. I wouldn't take it personally if it was.
(August 1, 2011 at 11:41 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: lmao. I don't Hannah. I wouldn't take it personally if it was.

So we won't find out who you choose as friends then.
I have no idea what you're on about. I wasn't taking this a some attack on my heritage, I was merely arguing against what I see as historical inaccuracy. I wasn't offended by you personally, nor was I attacking YOU as such, merely the ideas and arguments. I apologize if my joking with Rhythm offended you in some way, but you see he and I are earthy crunchy buddies together and I can't stay completely serious for very long. It's against my personal philosophy.

Read.........

http://www.newenglishreview.org/Robert_ ... Tradition/

So it seems not many Atheists like to believe the Bible could have any truth in it, not many Christians like to believe Yahweh could have been a volcano and not many Jews like to believe the Hebrews were originally Habiru.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2473 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2767 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11552 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5574 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Elohim and Yahweh are 2 Different Gods Rhondazvous 29 11379 May 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Did Yahweh Set Adam Up? Rhondazvous 123 19930 May 2, 2015 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12833 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Yahweh, the Devil, and Job Cinjin 213 73203 November 27, 2013 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Why Don't Christians refer to god as yahweh Lemonvariable72 53 11306 October 20, 2013 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Differing Interpretations on Yahweh's Morality and Capabilities Michael Schubert 20 8122 September 13, 2013 at 1:08 am
Last Post: MindForgedManacle