Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't Christians refer to god as yahweh
Why Don't Christians refer to god as yahweh
Why do you always hear Christians refer to god as the lord or God, but they never call him Yahweh or elohim, which is what he is called by Hebrews in the bible. Intact many don't even seem to be aware that God's name is Yahweh and that by saying god, your not taking anyone's name in vain
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Why Don't Christians refer to god as yahweh
It's complicated.
Because god is easier to spell and pronounce..?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

The Jews are aware...they spell G-d instead. No jew is even positive how to pronounce 'YHVH'.
(October 14, 2013 at 7:06 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: No jew is even positive how to pronounce 'YHVH'.

Ooh, ooh, I know!

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 14, 2013 at 7:06 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: The Jews are aware...they spell G-d instead. No jew is even positive how to pronounce 'YHVH'.

Allow me to pronounce that for you ...

[Image: Evolution.png]

....Maybe its because we could call Satan nahweh
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
And they should call Jebus, "Emmanuel."
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Because most Christians believe in the trinity, so to them, Jesus is good enough. Lord = Jesus.
For fucks sake, just don't say Jehovah!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13178 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2346 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2610 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1779 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7835 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17590 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 10506 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4788 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3936 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9139 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII