Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 10:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
God Yahweh Allah was a volcano.
RE: God Yahweh Allah was a volcano.
You just want to imagine the former. It's okay. I'm well aware of repressed Christian tendencies.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Ah the fine art of completely avoiding dogshit in the suburban wilderness.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Ah the fine art of completely avoiding dogshit in the suburban wilderness.

Or stepping on it intentionally, taking off your shoe, giving it a good sniff, complaining to everyone around and then sniffing again.
Quote:Are you honestly trying to say that the Jews didn't move around from one place to another?

Try to remember that I'm speaking of EVIDENCE. And we have no evidence that there were "Jews" ( as you are using the term ) until sometime after the beginning of the Persian period.

The fact that they went back and wrote a historical novel means absolutely nothing. Scarlett O'Hara exists only within the pages of Gone With The Wind. The fact that the city of Atlanta was burned during the Civil War does not make her real.

Quote:Magnanimous priests? Shock

There’s an argument I never expected to hear from Minimalist.

Why is getting what you want "magnanimous," Pap? It isn't as if they agreed to let the Aten cult exist side by side with Amun ( a decidedly Roman solution to such a problem, btw.) Letting them back in without fighting ( which can get messy ) is a highly profitable solution and priests are always in favor of profit...as long as the profit ends up in their pious pockets!

(August 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: You just want to imagine the former. It's okay. I'm well aware of repressed Christian tendencies.
You think I want to imagine it. You wouldn't be a coquette if you didn't.
Uh huh.

It's all right. I still appreciate your Welsh ass.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Let's see how garbled history can become.

http://ib205.tripod.com/ahmose_1_1.html

Quote:Ahmose I slowly drove the Hyksos back to their capital Avaris (location on one of the eastern branches of the Nile in Lower Egypt), once here Ahmose laid siege to the city. Ahmose had troubles of his own with his kingdom, he left the siege of Avaris in the control of his military commanders so that he was free to placate a rebellion in the Theban region. When Ahmose returned to Avaris he found that negotiations had been taking place between the Hyksos and his military commanders ­ the Hyksos were allowed to leave Egypt gracefully in return for surrendering the city (1532 BC).

...However, Ahmose was not going to let his enemy escape so easily ­ the Egyptian army pursued the Hyksos people into southern Palestine to Sharuhen. The city was put under siege by the Egyptians, after three years the Hyksos once more fled this time into Syria. Again the Egyptians followed, but Ahmose finally

Hmmm...so "pharaoh's heart was hardened" and he "pursued the Hyksos" but far from drowning he caught up with them and crushed them at Sharuhen. A seriously garbled bit of folk memory re-tooled 1,000 years late to serve a specific purpose. That makes sense.

But it has nothing to do with any "Jews."
You've seen my ass? Confusedhock:

<edit> Gah! Ninja'd be the old guy Sad
(August 1, 2011 at 2:44 pm)Hannah Wrote: Rhythm....when you step in something you think could be dog shit do you...

a. assume it's dog shit and srape it off whilst wearing plastic bags over your hands
b. sniff it once to determine whether or not it needs such careful attention
c. sniff it once, reel in revulsion and then sniff it again just to be absolutely sure

?

(August 1, 2011 at 3:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Magnanimous priests? Shock

There’s an argument I never expected to hear from Minimalist.

Why is getting what you want "magnanimous," Pap? It isn't as if they agreed to let the Aten cult exist side by side with Amun ( a decidedly Roman solution to such a problem, btw.) Letting them back in without fighting ( which can get messy ) is a highly profitable solution and priests are always in favor of profit...as long as the profit ends up in their pious pockets!

I believe there are now a couple of schools of thought on the fate of the old gods/temples/priests during the Amarna period. The original “Those guys sure took it up the ass” hypothesis saw them loose Pharaoh’s recognition and financial support, the priests laid off, and the temples closed. A newer “It wasn’t so bad after all” school of thought seems to be gaining support lately though.

If you go with the original hypothesis on the fate of the priests of the old gods then your plan B, kill them, seems a more likely scenario than welcoming the maverick priests back into the fold. The old school priests would have been acting quite magnanimously to welcome the upstarts back into the fold if they had been taking it up the ass for the past several years. There was a concerted effort to erase all traces of Akhetaten and his upstart cult within a relatively short time of his death. That being the case, it would at least seem that someone wasn’t happy with him or his upstart religion.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2473 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2765 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11547 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5573 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Elohim and Yahweh are 2 Different Gods Rhondazvous 29 11378 May 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Did Yahweh Set Adam Up? Rhondazvous 123 19925 May 2, 2015 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12831 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Yahweh, the Devil, and Job Cinjin 213 73194 November 27, 2013 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Why Don't Christians refer to god as yahweh Lemonvariable72 53 11304 October 20, 2013 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Differing Interpretations on Yahweh's Morality and Capabilities Michael Schubert 20 8121 September 13, 2013 at 1:08 am
Last Post: MindForgedManacle