Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
God Yahweh Allah was a volcano.
RE: God Yahweh Allah was a volcano.
(August 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Shell nailed it

+1.

Oh, by the way - the people who live off the life support technology we've developed thanks to "new ideas" are glad you think they're a monetary gain in this society.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

(August 4, 2011 at 5:50 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Oh, by the way - the people who live off the life support technology we've developed thanks to "new ideas" are glad you think they're a monetary gain in this society.

A very odd comment indeed.
I probably would, if I could, yes. I have the sense to know that I shouldn't, and so I don't. Who in their right mind would put an idea out and see if it could be falsified? Oh, I don't know, anyone engaged in any sort of science.

Again, no one is criticizing your idea based on what we don't know, or from the gaps in the record. We are criticizing your idea on the basis of what we do know. Which is why I suggested, and continue to suggest, that if this is important for you, go find an outlet for proper research. Then come back to us with the evidence. At this point, what we know about the story of exodus, and what we know about the historical peoples that came to be called hebrew, excludes your theory as a possible alternative. You would need hard evidence to turn this over, because we have hard evidence in support of the current model.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Jews were already known as Jews.

"Jews" were not known as "Jews" until the Persian period when they renamed the region Yehud.

Quote:Following the fall of Babylon to the Persian Cyrus the Great, some Judean exiles returned to Jerusalem during the Persian period, inaugurating the formative period in the development of a distinctive Judahite identity in the Persian province of Yehud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_..._and_Judah
I meant within the context of the story. Should have been more specific, sorry.
(August 4, 2011 at 6:59 pm)Hannah Wrote: you've all trashed my ideas
I think you're playing the victim.
(August 4, 2011 at 7:26 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I meant within the context of the story. Should have been more specific, sorry.

That's okay hon. If you want to make a fundie squirm point out that this:

Genesis 11

Quote: 31 Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan.

helps us date their silly bible to the Iron Age in the first place since the Chaldeans

http://www.enotes.com/arch-encyclopedia/chaldeans

Quote:Semi-nomadic communities who moved into southern Mesopotamia in the early 1st millennium bc from the west, settling down as sedentary groups although still organized as tribal descent groups. Strongly associated with UR and the biblical stories of Abraham, the Chaldeans contributed to political and economic upheavals in Assyria and Babylonia

did not arrive in the vicinity of Ur until the middle of the 10th century BC.

They fucking hate being told that!

Then again, they hate being told much of anything, don't they?
Min, darling, I could never make anyone squirm as well as you could. At least when it comes to history. Wink

I defer to your wisdom and experience.
How is this thread still going strong after 30 pages???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2495 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2781 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11587 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5595 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Elohim and Yahweh are 2 Different Gods Rhondazvous 29 11398 May 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Did Yahweh Set Adam Up? Rhondazvous 123 19981 May 2, 2015 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12849 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Yahweh, the Devil, and Job Cinjin 213 73267 November 27, 2013 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Why Don't Christians refer to god as yahweh Lemonvariable72 53 11327 October 20, 2013 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Differing Interpretations on Yahweh's Morality and Capabilities Michael Schubert 20 8126 September 13, 2013 at 1:08 am
Last Post: MindForgedManacle