Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 8:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Has to Stop
RE: This Has to Stop
(September 15, 2017 at 10:22 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Haha ok fuck face

Tee hee, ok, deluded lying hypocrite cunt. G'day.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(September 15, 2017 at 10:29 am)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 11:38 pm)Godscreated Wrote:  Sure we are, we know there has to be a beginning point, we have one, you have snail poop.

GC

No, you've been TOLD there has to be a beginning point, and you FEEL like there should be a beginning point.  You KNOW nothing of the sort.

(September 14, 2017 at 11:38 pm)Godscreated Wrote: ArouraHere you go, this is the post I meant.
[quote pid='1619719' dateline='1505368188']

Dinosaur Train is awesome! I actually watched it with my daughter when she was younger.  There was nothing in it I couldn't accept to be true. It just teaches kids what scientists have recently discovered, and some of their best guesses, which they even explain how those theories are formed and why, about one of kids favorite subjects, dinosaurs!

I've watched a number of times to see what they say and they claim much as fact that in reality isn't. Don't try to excuse their behavior, that type of behavior is what Christians will reject every time.

GC

Pot, meet kettle.

(September 15, 2017 at 8:47 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: The difference is that no one actually believes in The Great Pumpkin. But if I 100% think that God is real and that Jesus was God made man who came down and taught us things and died for us, of course I'm going to teach my child about Him. Its insulting  and narrow minded that you say i will be abusing my future child and that you think my mom and dad abused me, just because you believe something different.

I don't think Mohammed or Buddha or Joseph Smith were anything more than completely regular men, and I think their stories are completely false, but i would never call Muslims, Buddhists, or Mormons child abusers for conveying to their children the religious belief that they fully believe are true.

So, whether or not what you're teaching your kids is factual or not (independent of what you believe) is not as important as telling them what you believe is fact.

I'm not sure what you mean about "teaching them as fact."

Obviously, religious belief requires a certain amount faith and hope, because there is no tangible concrete proof.

I'm not going to lie to my child and tell them that I've seen Jesus or God or whatever. But i do plan on explaining why i have full confidence in their existance.

And i do plan on raising my kids, if I have any, in the faith and with chirstian principles. At some point during their growth out of childhood they will, of course, have to decide for themselves whether they share my confidence in the existence of God or not. Just as all children will have to eventually decide for themselves whether they agreed with all the principles and values their parents brought them up with, not just pertaining to religion.

When you say this is child abuse, you are accusing a very very large group of people, most of whom are perfectly good and decent people, of being child abusers and of abusing their own children. Few things are worse than abusing children, and you are putting that extremely ugly label on good people simply because you don't have the same beliefs as them. I don't see how that is at all logical, much less tolerant or charitable.

(September 15, 2017 at 10:48 am)Astonished Wrote:
(September 15, 2017 at 10:22 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Haha ok fuck face

Tee hee, ok, deluded lying hypocrite cunt. G'day.

Meh, you already called my mom and dad child abusers. Call me a cunt all you want, there's nothing more nasty you can say to me than to accuse 2 good people I love so dearly of abusing children.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
[Image: 627f57b9f32f8c4bf8d6ea61585be6a4--cathol...god-is.jpg]

[Image: To-terrify-children-with.jpg]

[Image: B3ELsKZIQAAKNSb.jpg]
(September 15, 2017 at 11:32 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(September 15, 2017 at 10:29 am)Harry Nevis Wrote: No, you've been TOLD there has to be a beginning point, and you FEEL like there should be a beginning point.  You KNOW nothing of the sort.

I've watched a number of times to see what they say and they claim much as fact that in reality isn't. Don't try to excuse their behavior, that type of behavior is what Christians will reject every time.

GC

Pot, meet kettle.

So, whether or not what you're teaching your kids is factual or not (independent of what you believe) is not as important as telling them what you believe is fact.

I'm not sure what you mean about "teaching them as fact."

Obviously, religious belief requires a certain amount faith and hope, because there is no tangible concrete proof.

I'm not going to lie to my child and tell them that I've seen Jesus or God or whatever. But i do plan on explaining why i have full confidence in their existance.

And i do plan on raising my kids, if I have any, in the faith and with chirstian principles. At some point during their growth out of childhood they will, of course, have to decide for themselves whether they share my confidence in the existence of God or not. Just as all children will have to eventually decide for themselves whether they agreed with all the principles and values their parents brought them up with, not just pertaining to religion.

When you say this is child abuse, you are accusing a very very large group of people, most of whom are perfectly good and decent people, of being child abusers and of abusing their own children. Few things are worse than abusing children, and you are putting that extremely ugly label on good people simply because you don't have the same beliefs as them. I don't see how that is at all logical, much less tolerant or charitable.

I bet you don't say that you just believe what you do, many more people don't share your beliefs, and there is no concrete evidence for any supernatural claims in the bible.  Young kids take what their parents teach them as facts.  The more they buy into it, the more their critical thinking skills are corrupted.  Other principals and values don't have eternal punishment waiting for those who don't follow them. It IS abuse, whether you like the word or not.
And it's not that they simply don't have the same beliefs as I do.  It's because doing this at an age before kids learn to reason is harmful.

(September 15, 2017 at 11:32 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Meh, you already called my mom and dad child abusers. Call me a cunt all you want, there's nothing more nasty you can say to me than to accuse 2 good people I love so dearly of abusing children.

You too hung up on the common meaning of the word and not the reasons it is used.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(September 14, 2017 at 10:08 pm)Losty Wrote:
(September 14, 2017 at 8:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Hahahaha, fuck that!  You have no idea how hilarious it is to watch my kids go on to then sell the lie I provided them to other people.  They like to share, you see..particularly what they know about everything as related by daddy.

Wink

Lying to my children is the last wholesome and true bit of fun I have.

I try not to ever lie to my children. Somehow I still get the same comical (sometimes embarrassing) effect when my children relate things I have said to them. Kids share too much. I do tell my children often that I'm going to sell them to the Mexican drug lords. That's one of my lie exceptions lmao.

lol, I used to tell my son if he didn't straighten up and fly right I was going to take him to the pawn shop and see how much I could get for him. I sure wish I had thought of the Drug Lords.

Teaching children to willfully ignore the evidence for God, that they are biological robots in a meaningless universe, that all the people the love who have passed will be eaten by worms, and that they should mock, ridicule and wish for the death of those who believe otherwise....

That is pure evil.
<insert profound quote here>
(September 15, 2017 at 5:17 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Teaching children to willfully ignore the evidence for God, that they are biological robots in a meaningless universe, that all the people the love who have passed will be eaten by worms, and that they should mock, ridicule and wish for the death of those who believe otherwise....

That is pure evil.

And this is pure shite.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(September 15, 2017 at 5:17 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Teaching children to willfully ignore the evidence for God, that they are biological robots in a meaningless universe, that all the people the love who have passed will be eaten by worms, and that they should mock, ridicule and wish for the death of those who believe otherwise....

That is pure evil.

Who would teach a child that? I haven't seen any evidence for any God but I certainly don't teach my kids that life is meaningless. I also would never teach them that if they're not good enough or don't adhere to whatever beliefs I choose to follow means they'll be tortured for all of eternity. Because that would be a horribly sick thing to teach a child.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 15, 2017 at 11:32 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean about "teaching them as fact."

I'm not going to lie to my child and tell them that I've seen Jesus or God or whatever. But i do plan on explaining why i have full confidence in their existence.

Teaching them as fact means telling them unequivocally that the God of the Bible exists as if it is something you factually know. That would be lieing to them. Stating that it is your faith (and the faith of perhaps 75% of the population of the U.S.) is much better because that is honest. I rather doubt there are many Christian parents who phrase it that way though because they don't want their child to question it.

I'm sorry you are taking our opinions so personally but this is important. Before a child develops reasoning skills, they are going to believe anything you tell them. It could be Jesus, Allah, Vishnu, Thor or even the Great Pumpkin. They aren't going to process it through any kind of logical filter. They are going to assimilate it into their world as fact. You became a Catholic that way while others became Muslims, Buddhists or Hindus - all because of what their parents put in their heads before they had the means to critically parse it. The practice is simply unethical. If one is to truly be a Catholic or adherent of any other religion, it should be because one studied it after acquiring critical thinking skills, compared it to other schools of thought and made an informed decision that it was right for them. Otherwise, you have a person who is programmed like a robot. They are robbed of the chance to follow their own path unless they are able to overcome their programming.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Quote:Teaching children to willfully ignore the evidence for God, that they are biological robots in a meaningless universe, that all the people the love who have passed will be eaten by worms, and that they should mock, ridicule and wish for the death of those who believe otherwise....

That is pure evil.
Too bad there is none. Telling them that there biological organisms and not lying about their nature is not evil . Getting them to appreciate the universe without sprinkling fairy dust on it is not evil . Telling them that death is the end of this state  . And everyone they love simply continues to be part of the universe and all the processes that generate it (including decay) without selling yarns about sky kingdoms or fiery pits of torment is not evil. Telling them they should have a zero tolerance policy for liars, charlatans ,and quacks is not evil.

So cram your straw men and moralist theist bullshit and whiny persecution complex straight up your puckered poo shoot wooter . You smug  pretentious jackass.

And none of that is half as awful as the bullshit you believe . As much as your try and sugar coat it.

Quote:Sure we are, we know there has to be a beginning point,
No there does not

Quote:we have one, you have snail poop
Nope your ignorance on full display .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop Asking Me to Go to Church with You Rhondazvous 27 3098 May 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Pope tries to stop Rolling Stones from playing in Cuba zebo-the-fat 15 3473 March 30, 2016 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Ken Ham: "Stop sciencing, astrophysicists! Aliens are hellbound!" Esquilax 69 12517 August 1, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The path to truth, stop the delusion! That guy who asked questions 7 4322 May 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Six die because church says STOP HIV treatment KichigaiNeko 40 18430 April 1, 2012 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Sex-obsessed Catholics just can't stop interfering Cyberman 14 7904 March 12, 2012 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Xcentric