Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six die because church says STOP HIV treatment
Six die because church says STOP HIV treatment
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16117269

Quote:At least six people have died in Britain after being told they had been healed of HIV and could stop taking their medication, Sky News has discovered.

There is evidence evangelical churches in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow are claiming to cure HIV through God.
Sky sent three undercover reporters to the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), which is based in Southwark, south London.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Six die because church says STOP HIV treatment
Rage. Rage is building.

Yet you can sue for malpractice if a qualified doctor screws up badly.

Stupid fucking world.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
I posted this a while back, it's still as ridiculous reading out a second time. Sickos.
I know guys..... recent news here has spurred this on thanks to our fundie members...
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
They're in a better place now! With streets of gold! :\

So sad.
I'm beginning to think that maybe we have ended up on the wrong planet; everything here is so fucked up!
Thanks to religion Xcentric... thanks to religion.
(March 28, 2012 at 7:06 am)Xcentric Wrote: I'm beginning to think that maybe we have ended up on the wrong planet; everything here is so fucked up!

Yeah, we should have been born into the universe of Star Trek.

Not the fucking FlintstonesAngry
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
This is extremely shitty, but I just wish that people weren't stupid enough to believe their man in the sky would cure any disease, let alone HIV.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 28, 2012 at 7:06 am)Xcentric Wrote: I'm beginning to think that maybe we have ended up on the wrong planet; everything here is so fucked up!

Who would I be without this world?

I don't know the answer to that... but I do know I wouldn't be me.

Skunk I like who I am.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1323 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 539 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1230 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Stop Asking Me to Go to Church with You Rhondazvous 27 2894 May 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 12684 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3420 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8551 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9809 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  This Has to Stop Astonished 354 57232 October 5, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3544 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73