Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Has to Stop
This Has to Stop

So...look, I hate religious folk, that's no secret, and it's not that I want them to get run over by a bus, but...I'd rather see that than see them indoctrinate one more child. The bible is already obscene enough as it is and anyone reading it straight to a child should be institutionalized, but to actually try (and fail) to turn it into a presentable children's book is...is there a word for worse than obscene?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
RE: This Has to Stop
Is "B" for "Bullshit?"
Of course they love to target children with their poison.

In a rational world, this shit should be banned.
Dying to live, living to die.
As the jesuits say - "give me the child for 7 years and I will give you the man."

Of course, you get him back with a size 22 asshole.
And it's disgusting how easily swayed some kids are today. They will believe anything adults tell them.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
They're kind of reared to be trusting of their parents, and more often than not are punished for disobeying. It's kind of sad how vulnerable people are preyed on when they have no real power to resist.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 13, 2017 at 9:00 pm)Astonished Wrote:

So...look, I hate religious folk, that's no secret, and it's not that I want them to get run over by a bus, but...I'd rather see that than see them indoctrinate one more child. The bible is already obscene enough as it is and anyone reading it straight to a child should be institutionalized, but to actually try (and fail) to turn it into a presentable children's book is...is there a word for worse than obscene?

Many of us survived, and left behind, the programming, and things are much better than they were 45 years ago.

Someone posts saying they hate religious people and would rather see us get killed than teach our own kids about our faith, and 2 others kudos this??
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 13, 2017 at 10:01 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:

Someone posts saying they hate religious people and would rather see us get killed than teach our own kids about our faith, and 2 others kudos this??

Popcorn Coffee

(September 13, 2017 at 9:00 pm)Astonished Wrote: So...look, I hate religious folk, that's no secret, ...

Most people call that bigotry. At least you are open about it.

(September 13, 2017 at 9:05 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: In a rational world, this shit should be banned.

Long live the Cultural Revolution!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop Asking Me to Go to Church with You Rhondazvous 27 2777 May 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Pope tries to stop Rolling Stones from playing in Cuba zebo-the-fat 15 3396 March 30, 2016 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Ken Ham: "Stop sciencing, astrophysicists! Aliens are hellbound!" Esquilax 69 11800 August 1, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The path to truth, stop the delusion! That guy who asked questions 7 4187 May 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Six die because church says STOP HIV treatment KichigaiNeko 40 18124 April 1, 2012 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Sex-obsessed Catholics just can't stop interfering Cyberman 14 7783 March 12, 2012 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Xcentric