Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 6, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
45 advocates forced ritual in NFL...
RE: 45 advocates forced ritual in NFL...
Anybody whose ever been to a game and seen the lines at the concession stands during the anthem will quickly surmise that all this angst against the players is nothing more than self serving jingoism.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(September 26, 2017 at 7:35 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: "America -- love it or leave it!"

Yeah, fuck off.

Maybe the Moron-in-Chief should worry about things like, you know, getting timely assistance to the Americans in Puerto Rico who have no electricity, little fuel, and are running out of food and water.  Fuckhead.

The upper image was taken on 24 July. The lower was 25 Sept.
[Image: ai2html-graphic-medium.png]

And are facing a immanent flood from that dam breach . And the standing water is likely to breed disease
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(September 26, 2017 at 2:43 am)A Theist Wrote:
(September 25, 2017 at 11:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I remember when two US Olympians made a raised fist salute at the Olympics....and 'Murrica lost its shit as it does so easily.

I can remember George Foreman waving a small American flag in the middle of a boxing ring after winning the Olympic gold medal when he stopped a commie opponent in two rounds.....and America cheered.

Nothing's holding your commie ass here. You can pack your shit and move out of the country at any time if you hate it here that much.

Thanks for proving once again that you are the dumbest fuck on the entire board.  How did the WLB miss you for his administration?  You would have fit right in with his nazi/klan crowd.
Quote:The last surviving daughter of civil rights icons Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King served up a history lesson on Twitter over the weekend in response to those who were angry over NFL players protesting during the national anthem.

Bernice King said people didn’t approve of her father’s protests, either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bern...mg00000067
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 26, 2017 at 10:33 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 10:28 am)alpha male Wrote: Yes, they did, except for Villanueva. Now Villanueva has the highest-selling jersey and the Steelers are all scrambling to do damage control. They say they'll all be out for the anthem next week (not that I'll be watching anymore). Lots of people posting videos of burning their Steelers stuff. This really hurt them. Didn't hurt Trump at all, at least not in flyover country, and he knows it.

Um actually if you check the latest news, he actually called what he did a mistake and wish he had not done it. 

And if you actually checked the latest news, Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers Quarterback, also reversed himself and now says that he wished the Steelers would have taken a different approach to the National Anthem before Sunday's game....and yes, many fans are burning their teams' sportswear.

Quote:Ben Roethlisberger said Monday he wished the Steelers had taken a different approach to the national anthem before Sunday's game at Soldier Field.....
The Steelers were one of three teams, along with the Seahawks and Titans, that opted not to take the field for the anthem before their game. 

The Steelers' decision proved unpopular with many of the team's fans, who went on social media to voice their displeasure and even posted videos of themselves burning Steelers merchandise.
Roethlisberger issued a statement on his personal website Monday saying he regretted the team's decision to miss the anthem. 
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ben...tafyvncyhu
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
If people exercising their 1st amendment rights is that triggering to you, you're free to move to another country as well, y'know.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The fucktard thinks he is a "True 'Murrican."  The kind that think the only thing in the fucking constitution is the 2d Amendment.
As my son said... Steelers lost to the Bears. They have more to worry about than a stupid fucking anthem.
(September 26, 2017 at 12:31 pm)Divinity Wrote: As my son said... Steelers lost to the Bears.  They have more to worry about than a stupid fucking anthem.

There's certainly more for 'Muricans to get their overly patriotic panties in a twist about than whether or not football players stand for the anthem.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
https://www.lankford.senate.gov/news/pre...s-stadiums

This bill is getting more attention with the protests. Loss of taxpayer-subsidized stadiums would have the owners changing their tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Principal forced to resign over Michelangelo's David visits sculpture zebo-the-fat 11 1090 April 30, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 3082 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 2331 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Of Madonna, NFL and airlines. Brian37 1 339 January 21, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No peace in the Middle East, Netanyahu forced off stage EgoDeath 0 419 September 11, 2019 at 4:03 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1549 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Hypothetical For Gun Rights Advocates BrianSoddingBoru4 79 9873 April 2, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams Silver 97 14271 October 20, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  al-Saud's Henchmen Forced to admit Burkas/Veils are a bad idea... ReptilianPeon 7 1400 September 12, 2016 at 3:58 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Track runner and the NFL Brian37 41 6725 April 15, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Brian37