Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams
Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams
Quote:The NFL has developed a plan to "move past" its ongoing debate about player protests during the national anthem and could enact it next week, commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Tuesday in a letter to all 32 teams.

Goodell made it clear in the letter, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, that he wants players to stand during the anthem. He did not provide specifics on how he intends to ensure it, but he wrote that it would "include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues."

"Like many of our fans," Goodell wrote, "we believe that everyone should stand for the national anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us."

The NFL's current anthem policy states that players "should" stand for the anthem, but it stops short of requiring it.

The proposed new policy is the result of "many of discussions with clubs and players," Goodell added.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20980...nal-anthem
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams
I wonder if all this might recede into a non-issue if the football stadiums were financed by the NFL, owners and players instead of municipalities ?

I think a viable business plan (hell, an even more lucrative situation than now exists, BTW) can be made for this.

Stand back and watch them make money !!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If they change the rules to make them stand, they'll change it back real quick if a few of the top players in the league threaten to retire until the rules are changed back and they are allowed to continue the protest.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footba...-1.3551455

Quote:NFLPA president DeMaurice Smith blasts owners banning national anthem protest

Are they going to bench them all?
(October 10, 2017 at 3:56 pm)FFaith Wrote: If they change the rules to make them stand, they'll change it back real quick if a few of the top players in the league threaten to retire until the rules are changed back and they are allowed to continue the protest.

Maybe, but considering that Kaepernick's still unemployed, maybe not.
(October 10, 2017 at 4:30 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(October 10, 2017 at 3:56 pm)FFaith Wrote: If they change the rules to make them stand, they'll change it back real quick if a few of the top players in the league threaten to retire until the rules are changed back and they are allowed to continue the protest.

Maybe, but considering that Kaepernick's still unemployed, maybe not.

I know next to nothing about football, but most people say Kaepernick is not that good of a player, plus there are other issues with him like his dumb ass girlfriend comparing white owners to slave masters, and stunts like Kap wearing pigs with cop hats on his socks didn't exactly help him much either. If the top players in the league refuse to play in protest, that hurts business more than players kneeling does.
As a Patriots fan I already have good reasons to hate Roger Goodell. This just adds another.

FUCK GOODELL!
(October 10, 2017 at 3:45 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I wonder if all this might recede into a non-issue if the football stadiums were financed by the NFL, owners and players instead of municipalities ?

I think a viable business plan (hell, an even more lucrative situation than now exists, BTW) can be made for this.

Stand back and watch them make money !!!!

You got it, right there.

The right would love for more gullible people to buy into bullshit platitudes but the truth is the league has learned to prey on the emotions of cities. If I cant get a free stadium, I am moving. 

This isn't about unity for the owners, it is about money. For the players protesting, it isn't about money, it is about recognizing inequality.

It is sad that we still in 2017 have a share cropper mentality. 

Blacks have for far too long, gotten the short end of the economic stick, and what far too many whites are falling for is what Reagan convinced people of to win, the same shit that screwed over the air traffic controller's union.

If the NFL wants to do the right thing, they should stand with the players, and tell 45 and Pence to go fuck themselves.  Anything less is simply being a coward to me.
I can see both sides to this issue sooooo, I think I'll stay neutral.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 10, 2017 at 4:49 pm)Tiberius Wrote: As a Patriots fan I already have good reasons to hate Roger Goodell. This just adds another.

FUCK GOODELL!

I cannot and will not ever hate workers for trying to bargain. But you have to be a special kind of dick to side with  a politician bully because you are afraid of losing revenue. 

Some things are simply more important than a paycheck.

(October 10, 2017 at 5:12 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I can see both sides to this issue sooooo, I think I'll stay neutral.

No, nothing neutral at all.

The pay gap America has is a direct result of bad GOP policy since Reagan. While blacks have historically been affected more negatively, I find it vile that players simply looking at their backgrounds and pointing the inequity that still exists in all businesses, and being vilified because they move up and simply say, "others are not as lucky as me, lets help them"

There is nothing to be neutral about here. We are still stuck as a country on race, we should not be, but we are. 

Fuck 45 and fuck Pence. 45 started his assault on minorities 5 years ago. Vilified multiple groups during his run and has proven that this is just a sport to him, spite for him, and if urban blacks and rural whites cant make ends meet, blaming black rich athletes is an easy and cheap tactic to divide America.

I protest with the black players. I protest with all workers. I am tired of the top dictating to everyone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1632 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Of Madonna, NFL and airlines. Brian37 1 284 January 21, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1240 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Sir Roger Moore dead at 89 c172 6 934 May 4, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  45 advocates forced ritual in NFL... Brian37 260 49590 October 19, 2017 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Racist letter sent to day care center Catholic_Lady 51 8520 October 11, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: John V
  Roger Ailes is Dead Minimalist 29 6477 May 22, 2017 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Teacher suspended for withdrawing rec. letter of student who displayed swasitka Cecelia 24 4438 February 11, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Roger Moore's daughter dies. Foxaèr 0 488 July 27, 2016 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Track runner and the NFL Brian37 41 6105 April 15, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Brian37