Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track runner and the NFL
Track runner and the NFL
Ok no link, but just saw this track runner celebrate before he crossed the finish line only to see the guy behind him pass him and win. It is also what I hate about running backs and receivers in the NFL who showboat before they get into the end zone. I don't give a fuck what you get paid, finish the play first. I've seen these idiots fumble or get tackled over really stupid mental mistakes. 
RE: Track runner and the NFL
or drop the ball before they cross the goal line...it's a classic move that happens about once a year to a pompous receiver
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

In all seriousness, I love plays like that. They're YouTube classics that one day I will share with my nephew and say, "I was there for that... I caught it on live tv."
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(April 14, 2015 at 9:51 am)polar bear Wrote: or drop the ball before they cross the goal line...it's a classic move that happens about once a year to a pompous receiver

I think it happens more than that. But still. Do your job, celebrate once you get back to the sideline. 
In soccer we see celebrations a lot, but they seem mostly correct and mostly based on adrenaline, nothing preplanned. That sort of thing I have no problem with, but what the OP talks about makes me cringe when watching pointyball.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(April 14, 2015 at 9:55 am)c172 Wrote: In soccer we see celebrations a lot, but they seem mostly correct and mostly based on adrenaline, nothing preplanned. That sort of thing I have no problem with, but what the OP talks about makes me cringe when watching pointyball.

Yah, but you are watching paint dry...I mean soccer
(April 14, 2015 at 9:57 am)polar bear Wrote:
(April 14, 2015 at 9:55 am)c172 Wrote: In soccer we see celebrations a lot, but they seem mostly correct and mostly based on adrenaline, nothing preplanned. That sort of thing I have no problem with, but what the OP talks about makes me cringe when watching pointyball.

I don't like soccer myself, but I also didn't get raised on it, but all sports especially at the pro level take talent to play like the sport or not. 
(April 14, 2015 at 9:58 am)Brian37 Wrote: polar bear

I don't like soccer myself, but I also didn't get raised on it, but all sports especially at the pro level take talent to play like the sport or not. 
I agree, I just like giving soccer people a hard time  Big Grin
(April 14, 2015 at 10:03 am)polar bear Wrote:
(April 14, 2015 at 9:58 am)Brian37 Wrote: polar bear

I agree, I just like giving soccer people a hard time  Big Grin

I do hate it when soccer fans, of course not all, but some say NFL players are wimps because of the pads. I'd challenge anyone of them to put pads on and take a full speed tackle from a defensive back or corner back. I am a physical wimp myself at least I admit I couldn't. 
(April 14, 2015 at 8:20 am)Brian37 Wrote: Ok no link, but just saw this track runner celebrate before he crossed the finish line only to see the guy behind him pass him and win. It is also what I hate about running backs and receivers in the NFL who showboat before they get into the end zone. I don't give a fuck what you get paid, finish the play first. I've seen these idiots fumble or get tackled over really stupid mental mistakes. 

Dammit Brian, that's the smartest thing you've ever said. I complain about that every game. Seriously, you can't wait two more freaking strides to celebrate?

I also hate the dances they do for ordinary plays. Guy makes a tackle, he dances. When I complete a tax return, I don't spike it. You stop a guy on fourth and goal to win the game, yeah, go ahead and celebrate, but not every play. I forget which coach said it, but someone supposedly said "when you make a big play, act like you've done it before," or something like that. Couldn't agree more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1636 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Of Madonna, NFL and airlines. Brian37 1 285 January 21, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1274 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams Foxaèr 97 12499 October 20, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  45 advocates forced ritual in NFL... Brian37 260 49630 October 19, 2017 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Fast Track Stymied for Now Minimalist 1 615 May 12, 2015 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ray Rice cut by team, suspended by NFL Tonus 52 10320 September 11, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Adam Muema, the guy who left the NFL combine... Tonus 4 1754 May 23, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32