Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Madonna, NFL and airlines.
Of Madonna, NFL and airlines.
Madonna, just hours before set to take the stage canceled her concert saying, "I need to listen to my body."  And I agree. Just like some flights get canceled do to weather. I do get sick of this marketing of self entitlement "I paid for". Some fans were pissed. But why? If she were to have gone on stage, hurt herself or got sicker, it wouldn't have been one venue, but more as a result. 

I do get sick of humans treating others as if they have to be superhuman, especially those who are entertainers, actors or sports stars. But even outside fame, even just on the job, we are far too often taught to run our bodies into the ground which long term actually costs society more in medical bills. Madonna had every right to put her body first. For any fan mad at her for canceling, remember that bullshit, if you are called into work, knowing you have an injury, or are sick and know going in will simply make things worse. 

Humans, are not robots, regardless of fame or class. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertain...525882002/
RE: Of Madonna, NFL and airlines.
(January 21, 2020 at 10:40 am)Brian37 Wrote: Madonna, just hours before set to take the stage canceled her concert saying, "I need to listen to my body."  And I agree. Just like some flights get canceled do to weather. I do get sick of this marketing of self entitlement "I paid for". Some fans were pissed. But why? If she were to have gon on stage, hurt herself or got sicker, it wouldn't have been one venue, but more as a result. 

I do get sick of humans treating others as if they have to be superhuman, especially those who are entertainers, actors or sports stars. But even outside fame, even just on the job, we are far too often taught to run our bodies into the ground which long term actually costs society more in medical bills. Madonna had every right to put her body first. For any fan mad at her for canceling, remember that bullshit, if you are called into work, knowing you have an injury, or are sick and know going in will simply make things worse. 

Humans, are not robots, regardless of fame or class. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertain...525882002/

Something we can agree on.  I'm sure Madonna's fans wouldn't want something like this to happen to her:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51173270

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Madonna is back (new tour) Fake Messiah 1 544 January 28, 2023 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1630 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1238 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  'Emotional Support Peacock' Barred From United Airlines Plane Seraphina 67 7938 February 11, 2018 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams Foxaèr 97 12491 October 20, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  45 advocates forced ritual in NFL... Brian37 260 49578 October 19, 2017 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Airlines Invite the WLB To Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 1 719 June 19, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  American Airlines...At Least They Didn't Throw Her Out Of The Hatch Minimalist 27 7009 June 14, 2017 at 10:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Track runner and the NFL Brian37 41 6104 April 15, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Ray Rice cut by team, suspended by NFL Tonus 52 10317 September 11, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Tonus