Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 1:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite
RE: Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite
(September 29, 2017 at 5:35 am)Little Rik Wrote: Here again you make a claim that the supernatural doesn't exist on the ground that it can not be testable (falsifiable argument)
Give evidence that the supernatural is not testable.

Sure, but first you need to define exactly what supernatural means and that it actually exists.

That has to come first otherwise any evidence is meaningless if you aren't even sure what it refers to.

But you won't be able to.

(September 29, 2017 at 5:35 am)Little Rik Wrote: These are the reason why atheists deny the existence of the supernatural.  Lightbulb

No. Lack of evidence and lack of logically consistent definition are the primary reason.

Provide both and then we can talk, otherwise you're just rambling.
(September 29, 2017 at 5:35 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(September 28, 2017 at 1:47 pm)Succubus Wrote: I know this is a waste of keyboard ink, but can you show some evidence that the supernatural actually exists?

How?
By developing the awareness of who we are which is something that doesn't interest a bit materialists or atheists and also if the supernatural would be real then the whole atheist idea would collapse.
These are the reason why atheists deny the existence of the supernatural.  Lightbulb

That's an awfully verbose way of saying no, I can't.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
[Image: GIv2cY6P_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
[Image: let-me-in-why-so-i-can-save-you-from-4326771.png]
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(September 29, 2017 at 5:56 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 5:35 am)Little Rik Wrote: Here again you make a claim that the supernatural doesn't exist on the ground that it can not be testable (falsifiable argument)
Give evidence that the supernatural is not testable.

Sure, but first you need to define exactly what supernatural means and that it actually exists.

That has to come first otherwise any evidence is meaningless if you aren't even sure what it refers to.

Here we are once again with shifting the burden of prove on me.
Wake up Mat.

If you guys don't know what the supernatural is why on hell you say or back up the one who say that the supernatural is bullshit?
That is total utter madeness.
If you make a claim you got to know what you are talking about.
This is the fourth time that I caught you spouting dogmas Mat.

Your body grown up but your brain did not unfortunately.
Next time you wish to engage in a discussion INSTEAD OF SAYING...........THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS THE SUPERNATURAL  you should INSTEAD say..............I THINK THAT THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS THE SUPERNATURAL.
In this way you can engage in a positive discussion and nobody will ask you to prove that the supernatural doesn't exist.
RIGHT?

(September 29, 2017 at 5:35 am)Little Rik Wrote: These are the reason why atheists deny the existence of the supernatural.  Lightbulb

Quote:No. Lack of evidence and lack of logically consistent definition are the primary reason.

Provide both and then we can talk, otherwise you're just rambling.

More dogmas coming from your little awareness about life.
You act like a seed of a tree that just sprout but is yet to understand that one day it will become a tree.
This is all about the awareness of who you really are.
You see yourself as a physical being not knowing that one day you will also become like the one who gave you life millions years ago.
One terrible dogma that so many atheists carry in their mind is that human life is the peak of the evolution cycle.
Get rid of that garbage Mat.
The sooner the better.  Lightbulb
[Image: 1438829389-eye-roll-3.gif]
http://cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/32/1438829...roll-3.gif
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 29, 2017 at 8:55 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 5:56 am)Mathilda Wrote: Sure, but first you need to define exactly what supernatural means and that it actually exists.

Here we are once again with shifting the burden of prove on me.

You are the one claiming that the supernatural exists. Therefore the burden is on you. Define what you mean by supernatural and then show us that it exists.

You can't so you're trying to shift the burden onto us.

I don't even know what supernatural could even be as to me it's a meaningless term that you are using (not me), so it's damn cheeky to use a nonsense term and then demand that others have to show evidence that it doesn't exist.

It's like me charging you with the crime of yghurtgyism but not telling you what it means and demanding that you prove that you are innocent,

(September 29, 2017 at 8:55 am)Little Rik Wrote: If you guys don't know what the supernatural is why on hell you say or back up the one who say that the supernatural is bullshit?

Because the word is bullshit and can't be defined as far as I can tell, at least no one has ever giving it a good definition yet. Feel free to try and define it though. After all, you're the one using it.
(September 29, 2017 at 6:17 am)Succubus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 5:35 am)Little Rik Wrote: How?
By developing the awareness of who we are which is something that doesn't interest a bit materialists or atheists and also if the supernatural would be real then the whole atheist idea would collapse.
These are the reason why atheists deny the existence of the supernatural.  Lightbulb

That's an awfully verbose way of saying no, I can't.

That is bizarre Succu.
You just remind me years ago when I was working in a medical center.
I become close friend with a guy who just became a doctor.
One day during the usual jokes in the staff room he said to me.........WHEN YOU WILL STUDY LIKE ME YOU TOO MAY BECOME A DOCTOR.

Well, well Succu.

The story goes that in order to reach some top you got to work hard.
Nobody can do the hard work for you and obviously none can pass the knowledge to you with a snap or flick of the fingers.
The awareness of who you are doesn't come easy and also can not be passed to other so the evidence stay with you.
That make sense to me.
Why should you get the evidence that there is more than the physical stratum of life?

If you are happy to float in this physical stratum for ever by all means you stay and enjoy that life.
If eventually one day you will realize that you want more in order to find total peace of mind then it will be up to you to decide what to do.  Lightbulb
There is no point in asking for any evidence when at the same time you are not interested in reaching new goals.
Doctors exist. I can drive to any hospital or medical clinic to find a doctor. Because the doctor can be proven to exist, anyone can study to become a doctor by studying precisely what the doctor studied.

God does not exist. I cannot drive anywhere or go anywhere to find god. Because god cannot be proven to exist, anyone who makes the claim that god does exist must provide the evidence which substantiates that belief in god. So far, no evidence has ever been provided.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 29, 2017 at 9:04 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 8:55 am)Little Rik Wrote: Here we are once again with shifting the burden of prove on me.

You are the one claiming that the supernatural exists. Therefore the burden is on you. Define what you mean by supernatural and then show us that it exists.

You can't so you're trying to shift the burden onto us.

I don't even know what supernatural could even be as to me it's a meaningless term that you are using (not me), so it's damn cheeky to use a nonsense term and then demand that others have to show evidence that it doesn't exist.

It's like me charging you with the crime of yghurtgyism but not telling you what it means and demanding that you prove that you are innocent,

(September 29, 2017 at 8:55 am)Little Rik Wrote: If you guys don't know what the supernatural is why on hell you say or back up the one who say that the supernatural is bullshit?

Because the word is bullshit and can't be defined as far as I can tell, at least no one has ever giving it a good definition yet. Feel free to try and define it though. After all, you're the one using it.

I did asked you a simple question Mat.

I did asked you WHY YOU GUYS SAY OR BACK THE ONE WHO SAY THAT THE SUPERNATURAL DOES NOT EXIST
OR THAT IT IS BULLSHIT?

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT IS BS OR THAT IS DOESN'T EXIST?  Bird

The burden of prove is with you Mat not with me.  Indubitably

Why should I define what it is considering that you guys make the claim.
If you make a claim you suppose to know what it is all about.
Why you ask me to define?

Don't forget that you make the claim not me. Lightbulb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 7567 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4651 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Religion and Science are 1000% Opposite causal code 0 473 September 13, 2017 at 1:48 am
Last Post: causal code
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 11257 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 5074 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 20201 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Disproving gods with history and science dyresand 10 3265 June 30, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  No conflict between faith and science, eh? The Reality Salesman01 37 10520 May 22, 2015 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 51542 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Bridging the Divide Between Science and Religion Mudhammam 3 1877 November 11, 2014 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Mudhammam