Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BABY ON BOARD signs
RE: BABY ON BOARD signs
I never cared for those signs...
1) they're stuck on forever - the baby grows.
2) They're not really stuck on forever, but the glue is a MF to get off.
3) Often, the car is driven without the baby on board... Rendering the potential accident first respondent split-second decision a bit fruitless, as that guy would waste time checking the back.
4) lost visibility to the back compromises safety of driver and whoever is in the car.
5) Some people are jerks and insist on pushing a bit more those who have those signs.
If I were to have one it would be this [Image: s-l225.jpg]

You can put it on and take it off easily because it's just stuck on with suction cups and the driver doesn't really look out that window anyway.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 10, 2017 at 11:06 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 10, 2017 at 11:02 am)mlmooney89 Wrote: Okay picture this; car is in flames and you are running toward the car. You can see a person slumped over in the front seat and you also see the baby on board sign. 9/10 parents would beg you to save their child before them. This gives you the split second access to go straight to the back and start unbuckling the child. Tinted windows (which are huge here because the sun in brutal and little ones can't move their head out of the sunlight) might make it difficult to see into the back until you are already opening doors. Seriously the only one being a cunt here is you because you judge people for trying to make sure their baby's safety is put before their own. If you don't like it don't have one and don't save any babies with the sign on the window.

Isn't that the plot of "I, Robot"? (The Will Smith movie, not the real story.)

Lol no clue, never saw it.

(October 10, 2017 at 11:41 am)pocaracas Wrote: I never cared for those signs...
3) Often, the car is driven without the baby on board... Rendering the potential accident first respondent split-second decision a bit fruitless, as that guy would waste time checking the back.
4) lost visibility to the back compromises safety of driver and whoever is in the car.
5) Some people are jerks and insist on pushing a bit more those who have those signs.

1) That's interesting, I've only seen the ones that have a suction cup not the sticker ones lol
3) That is the parent's fault if people waste time trying to save a child that's not in the car when the sign is up.
4) Lol you are so cute. It's because you have a tiny car and probably lots of blind spots which make the sign dangerous. I have MASH 4077 in big letters and a long blue line of tape on my back windshield with no hindrance to my sight or driving. Even thinking of getting a sign that says 'Paramedic Wife' eh dunno yet.
5) You mean people like Succubus who get angry over other people's choice of stickers? :p
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
What you gotta do is put your children in alum-ringed IBC totes.  They can withstand impacts up to 80mph and stack firmly against each other in your trunk.  It's a simple issue of backfilling them with packing peanuts and hey presto...the baby on board is ready for transport. Plus, the packing peanuts double as road snacks for hungry toddlers.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 10, 2017 at 12:10 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(October 10, 2017 at 11:41 am)pocaracas Wrote: I never cared for those signs...

1) That's interesting, I've only seen the ones that have a suction cup not the sticker ones lol
3) That is the parent's fault if people waste time trying to save a child that's not in the car when the sign is up.
4) Lol you are so cute. It's because you have a tiny car and probably lots of blind spots which make the sign dangerous. I have MASH 4077 in big letters and a long blue line of tape on my back windshield with no hindrance to my sight or driving. Even thinking of getting a sign that says 'Paramedic Wife' eh dunno yet.
5) You mean people like Succubus who get angry over other people's choice of stickers? :p

1), yeah, something like this is what I usually see:

[Image: bd-065.jpg]

3) If it's stuck on the glass.... you won't be taking it off and on every time...

4) awww shucks... me and my little european car. It's as if I'm not compensating for something! Tongue

5) Precisely!
(October 10, 2017 at 11:02 am)mlmooney89 Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 8:32 pm)Succubus Wrote: For the millionth time, wouldn't be easer to just look in the back seat?

Okay picture this; car is in flames and you are running toward the car. You can see a person slumped over in the front seat and you also see the baby on board sign.

If I'm approaching the car from the rear, my view of the occupants will be obscured by 'Baby on Board' and 'MASH 4077' stickers, the only logical progression would be is to assume there is someone behind the wheel and there is a chance I can save this persons life. 

Quote:9/10 parents would beg you to save their child before them. This gives you the split second access to go straight to the back and start unbuckling the child.

How many people know how to release a car seat belt? Just about everybody, it's one a one click operation. How many people know how to unbuckle a child's safety harness? Not everybody. If I'm the first responder I care little for the hopes and desires of the guy behind the wheel. Save who you can is the first priority, all else is secondary. My first thought and absolute dread when I'm approaching the car door handle would be; I hope to fuck central locking is disabled in the event of a crash. And if it isn’t? Now-I-am-fucked.  

Quote:Tinted windows (which are huge here because the sun in brutal and little ones can't move their head out of the sunlight) might make it difficult to see into the back until you are already opening doors.

Smart folk would put the child seat in the centre, away from the brutal sun, that way you can see the kid in the rear view mirror and you won't have to look over your shoulder to see what the gurgling noises are.

Quote:Seriously the only one being a cunt here is you because you judge people for trying to make sure their baby's safety is put before their own. If you don't like it don't have one and don't save any babies with the sign on the window.

The best spin I can put on this is; you've done something and you really don't know why you did it, and now you are trying to justify doing it. What are you telling the world with the Mash sticker?

Regarding "little ones", wouldn’t this be a more intelligent sticker to clag in the back winda???

[Image: 1_f313c656-4bc9-4b9e-9b79-b554b687f332_l...1503164173]
Fire extinguisher on board!
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(October 5, 2017 at 3:59 pm)Losty Wrote: Cool thing, they let first responders know to look for a baby if there's a crash and a lot of them double as sun blockers for the baby Smile

I would have thought the smell alone was a giveaway.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 10, 2017 at 12:20 pm)Khemikal Wrote: What you gotta do is put your children in alum-ringed IBC totes.  They can withstand impacts up to 80mph and stack firmly against each other in your trunk.  It's a simple issue of backfilling them with packing peanuts and hey presto...the baby on board is ready for transport. Plus, the packing peanuts double as road snacks for hungry toddlers.

Multiple layers of bubble wrap afford decent protection against breakages. If done tightly enough, the hermetic seal also prevents spoiling for up to three months.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 6, 2017 at 8:53 pm)Losty Wrote: I really don't understand the massive butt hurt over what sign someone else wants to put on their car. Lol

Well, it goes like this:

I never considered the possibility that the vehicle owner meant to convey the message that in the event of an accident, first responders are requested to see to the safety of the baby before any adults or more mature children in the vehicle. I think such a message should be conveyed more clearly because IMHO, the message is more likely to be interpreted as, "There is a baby aboard this vehicle and as a baby, his/her life is more precious than the lives inhabiting other vehicles on the road. Therefor, if you are driving carelessly and find yourself in an inevitable crash situation, please make an effort to crash into one of the other vehicles around you rather than this one as the lives of the occupants of the other vehicles are not as valuable because they are not infants."

Sorry, but that is offensive to me. It doesn't make me "butt hurt" that much. I would be much more inclined to be "butt hurt" if the other car had a "Trump - Make America Great Again" sticker. In that case, I would be likely to aim for the target vehicle if an accident was inevitable. But the "Baby On Board!" sign would definitely not make me inclined to go out of my way to avoid that vehicle.

I find the implication that infant human life is intrinsically more valuable than more-developed human life offensive and objectionable. It doesn't mean I would be necessarily less inclined to regard someone holding that view as a friend. I sure as hell would not be favorably inclined to the occupants of a vehicle displaying that sign though.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Goodness, they;d never get that all stuffed on a sticker.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signs you're close to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. no one 4 493 October 11, 2020 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Baby pictures/Videos ect..... Brian37 12 911 December 7, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Linda Brown of Brown v. Board of Education died (76) Cecelia 2 600 March 27, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3906 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Dry Erase Board Fail vorlon13 13 1704 March 29, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where things stand (baby news update from the geneticist) Catholic_Lady 17 3005 December 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Baby's First Hurricane rexbeccarox 35 3523 October 7, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  baby boy name. vote your fav! Catholic_Lady 94 8703 July 16, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: rado84
  saw my baby graduate Joods 28 2496 June 10, 2016 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Girls: Beard or Baby face? ErGingerbreadMandude 90 9938 May 5, 2016 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet