Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your values?
RE: What are your values?
(January 8, 2018 at 6:23 pm)J a c k Wrote: I learned integrity, loyalty and empathy from my parents. They raised me in a home where I can testify that these values were practiced and I respect them very much.

Also, to be a respectable, respectful, dedicated, and consistent mother. I will raise them to be decent men.

To hold myself accountable for my actions. To face the consequences.

To stand up for the vulnerable. To help them up.

My dad is a good example of a life in which these values are practiced. I strive to be like him as much as I can.

Great!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Don't look for trouble because surely you WILL find it!
Don't look for faults because surely you WILL find them!
Don't look for worries because surely you WILL find something!
Don't look for a reason to guilt because...
Don't look for a reason to fear because...
Don't look for a reason to be shamed because...

These are all lies! Don't seek lies because they WILL enslave you!

Rather, seek truth and be free!
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
(January 8, 2018 at 6:14 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: A handy: $30
BJ: $50
Massage: $120
Full massage: 200
Full massage with benefits: $400
And my values go up from there.

What?

$400 for a full service massage???

I can get an hour of that for around $95 to $150, and in good old sterling!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 8, 2018 at 10:02 pm)Cyberman Wrote:
(January 8, 2018 at 6:14 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: A handy: $30
BJ: $50
Massage: $120
Full massage: 200
Full massage with benefits: $400
And my values go up from there.

What?

$400 for a full service massage???

I can get an hour of that for around $95 to $150, and in good old sterling!

Yeah, but they're from people who aren't me.

Tongue

Plus, I made all that up off the top of my head.

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
Yeah, I believe you...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 8, 2018 at 10:06 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Yeah, I believe you...

Go for the scalpel and blind fold package man, you won't be disappointed. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It's a cut above, you mean?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Killer song; shit film.
A serious answer:

One of the core parts of my beliefs/values is that we’re all responsible for the company we keep.  Even family, once we’re adults.  So I have a really dim view of people who complain about all the negative drama in their life, yet continue to surround themselves with idiots and assholes.

I don’t have many people that I’m legitimately close to in my life.  Part of it is because of my disability, but part of it is also by choice.  I have too much crap to worry about in my day-to-day life to be dragged down by another’s inability to competently handle their own life.  I turn 38 next month.  I figure that if someone is around my age and they haven’t figured out how to be an adult, I don’t want them in my life.

It may sound unnecessarily harsh, but I’m in a vulnerable position.  My continued survival relies on surrounding myself with good actors.  I don’t have the luxury to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the fundamentals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any "atheist values" like "Christian values"? ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3041 January 7, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anybody Have a Copy frichard Robinson's An Atheists Values can Borrow or Buy? Rhondazvous 1 567 June 18, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The impudent interference of the European's way of life and values rado84 27 4243 September 13, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  What values... lifesagift 7 1132 November 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: lifesagift
  We played by your rules.. [was 'What JudeoChristian values have brought us'] Rokcet Scientist 19 3446 November 14, 2011 at 3:38 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko