Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admitting You're a Sinner
RE: Admitting You're a Sinner
No amount of reassertion will make that the catholic doctrine of original sin. It is your private belief, in defiance of official church doctrine and repeated and explicit statements and literature to the contrary by people and organizations who are, unlike yourself, authorities on the matter of the catholic position...not CL's position...the -catholic- position.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It sucks that you two don't get along because you are both people who make AF.org something awesome and extraordinary.
Luckily for you, you get to enjoy us both, lol.  I doubt it keeps either of us awake at night. Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 18, 2018 at 10:47 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: It sucks that you two don't get along because you are both people who make AF.org something awesome and extraordinary.

I hear he's cool with other people, but he has seriously been a huge dick to me ever since my very first day here. Trust me, I tried to get along with him for a long time because I saw him being cool with others, and so I assumed I was just kind of misunderstanding him or we were missing the mark on each other. But it was hard because he continued to be really shitty when he talked to me. He constantly strawmans me, purposely twists my words, puts words in my mouth, and misrepresents what I say. That was classic Khem style when he talked to me. So much so that it became seriously impossible to have a discussion with him. He does it all purposely, I'm sure. The last straw came when he made 2 consecutive posts telling me I was a terrible person, which is when I finally decided to block him. It was long overdue. I was surprised to learn his wife was Christian because he treated me like shit ever since I stepped foot in this place. Yeah, he's a douche. No thanks.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 18, 2018 at 10:26 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(January 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm)Banned Wrote: Well they don't choose to believe or not believe, they just try to avoid the conclusion of the matter, which can only fall to the side of truth. And we all do it with some issues that may confront us.

Who's avoiding any conclusion?
All do.
(January 18, 2018 at 9:39 pm)Banned Wrote: The discussion isn't about atheism, except when it comes to beliefs in regards to the definition of sin.
Someone just reinforced the idea that atheists don't have a belief in God at all, and that they are irreligious, but here they are flocking about in a forum in the section called "Religion- Christianity - admitting You're a Sinner."
You would think that if Atheists are so purged of spirituality that they'd rather be talking about what really interests them.

By being interested in this topic, they are once again proving the Bible to be correct - that they have spiritual needs, but prefer to fight against them.

Now why would anyone sane fight against something which did not exist?

Oh, this old chestnut.

"You wouldn't be commenting if you didn't really believe deep down."

Pure, 100%, undistilled BS.

We comment on religion because it affects us and those around us. Even where I am there are relugious people knocking on doors, stopping us on the street, trying to push their beliefs on us. There are those trying to get their religions put into our laws. This is a universal problem with religions.

We comment on religion because we can, and because it's about time someone did.

Because I comment in places on Skyrim, doesn't mean I belueve in dragons or magic.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(January 18, 2018 at 10:47 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: It sucks that you two don't get along because you are both people who make AF.org something awesome and extraordinary.
Illusions of conflict.
(January 18, 2018 at 9:39 pm)Banned Wrote: The discussion isn't about atheism, except when it comes to beliefs in regards to the definition of sin.
Someone just reinforced the idea that atheists don't have a belief in God at all, and that they are irreligious, but here they are flocking about in a forum in the section called "Religion- Christianity - admitting You're a Sinner."
You would think that if Atheists are so purged of spirituality that they'd rather be talking about what really interests them.

By being interested in this topic, they are once again proving the Bible to be correct - that they have spiritual needs, but prefer to fight against them.

Now why would anyone sane fight against something which did not exist?

Oh, that one is EASY.  I'm not fighting against the existence of your imaginary friend.  You can dance and pray to a blue hippopotamus for all I care.
But most of us are surrounded by people who don't keep their hippo-worship to themselves.  No!  They insist that we join them, and judge us as sub-human if we don't!
So the only way to combat this assault and disrespect is to point out the REASON we're not sold on hippo-worship, and to point out the concepts that we cannot accept. 
The "Way of the Blue Hippo" is fiction . . . until you provide the HIPPO in the flesh.  And then Ol' Hip would probably be outraged at the ridiculous crap that was written about it.

I was raised Pentecostal.  In this thread I shared the sick, twisted, ignorant brainwashing that I'm grateful with every breath to have escaped.  There is no "spirit", no "god", no "spirituality", no "soul", no "afterlife".
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(January 18, 2018 at 11:18 pm)Banned Wrote:
(January 18, 2018 at 10:26 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Who's avoiding any conclusion?
All do.

You're wrong, of course. But, you haven't shown you actually grasp what atheism is, so I'm not surprised.
(January 18, 2018 at 11:19 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: We comment on religion because it affects us and those around us.  Even where I am there are relugious people knocking on doors, stopping us on the street, trying to push their beliefs on us.  There are those trying to get their religions put into our laws.  This is a universal problem with religions.
It's also the core of the objection to belief itself - the anti-theist objection, as opposed to the atheist objection, entirely seperate from religions. 

To whit......if a person really does believe in the sky wizard..OFC they will attempt to cast his vote in absentia.  It's completely batshit insane to expect otherwise, or hope that..somehow....the realization that his firmly held beliefs in fairies ought not be the basis of his legislative opinion overrides those same firmly held beliefs.

"God" can't be "believed in right"..because it is a fundamentally compromising subject.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14791 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  God is quite the sinner himself Kloud 38 8817 December 19, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner. Greatest I am 8 7504 July 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Is hell anything like -- do unto others and love the sinner? Greatest I am 11 10077 May 26, 2012 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Godscreated