Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 4:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admitting You're a Sinner
RE: Admitting You're a Sinner
(January 19, 2018 at 5:30 pm)Banned Wrote: But then again, you mention God more than any evangelist I have heard, perhaps you are a sole advertising agent for religion?

If that were true, someone would have hit you up for money by now.
(January 19, 2018 at 5:34 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(January 19, 2018 at 5:30 pm)Banned Wrote: I came here to learn 

-and yet you seem incapable.  Imagine that.  "God" dropped you here, in this den of inequity and sinfulness, completely ill-equipped.  

Maybe he hates you? Or maybe you're just supposed to learn not to sling shit you can't back, slandering His Good Character™? Or...maybe, maybe, the real god, some other god..is just fucking with you for shits and giggles.

Pray on it.

This thread isn't a confession box.
It's one thing to admit you're a sinner, but no one's asking you to shame yourself in public.
I know evangelists do that from time to time, but from what you are telling me, you are supposed to be a cut above them.
Quote:Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
-God.

Ponder on it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 19, 2018 at 6:05 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
Quote:Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
-God.

Ponder on it.

And you're quoting whom?
(January 18, 2018 at 7:08 pm)Banned Wrote: "The fool says in his heart, there is no God" that's the definition of the Bible.

The self-same bible that says, in Romans 5:22 "But I say unto you, That ... whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

See you in hell.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 19, 2018 at 6:12 pm)Cyberman Wrote:
(January 18, 2018 at 7:08 pm)Banned Wrote: "The fool says in his heart, there is no God" that's the definition of the Bible.

The self-same bible that says, in Romans 5:22 "But I say unto you, That ... whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

See you in hell.

I didn't write the Bible, but thanks for the complement.
Neither did god...but that doesn't seem to slow you down , so? Either you believe that the author represents the lollipop kid or you don't.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 19, 2018 at 6:15 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Neither did god...but that doesn't seem to slow you down , so? Either you believe that the author represents the lollipop kid or you don't.

You don't care about that, remember you're an atheist.
(January 19, 2018 at 6:14 pm)Banned Wrote:
(January 19, 2018 at 6:12 pm)Cyberman Wrote: The self-same bible that says, in Romans 5:22 "But I say unto you, That ... whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

See you in hell.

I didn't write the Bible, but thanks for the complement.

But you are quick to bandy its pop idioms around when you think they suit you.

Incidentally, complement =/= compliment. I added nothing to the text.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You know what I always wonder when we get one of these things?  What they thought it would be like when they got here.  What their shaman told them to expect, lol.

Maybe he should have shook the bones over this one a few extra times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 16228 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  God is quite the sinner himself Kloud 38 9316 December 19, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner. Greatest I am 8 7697 July 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Is hell anything like -- do unto others and love the sinner? Greatest I am 11 10311 May 26, 2012 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Godscreated