Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 2:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists: Can you disprove the resurrection or Jesus' existence?
RE: Atheists:Can you disprove the resurrection or Jesus' existence?
(September 2, 2011 at 4:36 am)salty Wrote: Currently I'm reading a book called Evidence for Christianity would you like me to quote what I have learned from this book? Sadly I'm on chapter three so I have not run into proof yet,

It won't have any.
Cunt
Chapter three and still nothing? Wouldn't quite cut the mustard as a textbook would it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 1, 2011 at 8:34 pm)padraic Wrote: True enough,but seldom with any rational thought behind the argument. That's why I've had him on ignore for ages; too annoying; a human mind is too precious to waste..

PS judging by recent posts I've seen quoted, he hasn't improved an iota.
Hugs Pad Cuddle
(September 1, 2011 at 5:31 pm)nicholas5000 Wrote: Some of you Atheists on here made disrespectful posts about God and Christianity. Mock God now, but we'll see who's right in the end. Just remember, if you're wrong, that's it for you.

Seriously? Pascals' Wager? That's the best you have?

What if the real god is Allah and he's pissed that you don't live your life according to the Koran?
(September 2, 2011 at 4:36 am)salty Wrote: My relationship with the Lord is based on answers to prayers,

This deity answered your prayers? How? Did you pray for something and what you prayed for happened at some point? Because this is hardly convincing evidence of cause and effect. Unless you can show me where you prayed for an amputee to have a leg restored and the leg grew back. But I'm guessing you don't have any stories like that.

Quote: his providing for me

This deity "provided for (you)"? How? Did he show up at your door with an armload of groceries? Did he give you a new car? Did he build you a house?

Quote:and him teaching me personally,

He "taught (you) personally"? He came to your house and spoke to you? He sat down with you and explained something you didn't understand?

Quote:whether you believe me is not important

I believe you THINK this deity has acted on your behalf. I don't for a second believe that you have actually been in contact with a deity.

Quote: what is important is for Christians to treat real requests for evidence with respect and do whatever is in their power to provide sources that will establish grounds for the claims of the Bible and Jesus Christ.

And if you would examine your "sources" you would discover that they are woefully lacking as convincing evidence. An ancient book of unknown authorship hardly cuts it.

Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(September 1, 2011 at 5:31 pm)nicholas5000 Wrote: Some of you Atheists on here made disrespectful posts about God and Christianity. Mock God now, but we'll see who's right in the end. Just remember, if you're wrong, that's it for you.

Typical theist.
If all else fails, bring out the fear mongering.

The only way to know if a Jesus was real is to see if his policies are workable or not. IOW, are his policies moral.

Clearly, some are not.

Take divorce, for instance, where his--- let no man put asunder--- is his policy.

Is that workable to you?
Is that what you would tell a woman the gets beat twice a week?

As I said, the reality of Jesus or God cannot be proven but their policies can be analyzed for soundness.

Another good way to decide if Jesus was real and did as scriptures say is to look at his death.

You would have to believe that God chose to plan and execute the murder of his own son to please conditions that he himself set.

That is the mark of some insane God and goes against scriptures.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

You have God setting a ransom and also accepting payment. A bribe IOW.

You tell others that they might go to hell for their views but this view of yours of God will likely get you there to open the door for others.

Regards
DL

(September 1, 2011 at 6:14 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(September 1, 2011 at 5:50 pm)Napoleon Wrote: I don't I see one.

Me neither. I just see a dumbass who can't even defend his faith without becoming a total prick and just asking to be banned. Fr0do would probably not be pleased.

p.s. cool sig pic.

Banning such would be a mistake IMPOV.

How can atheist learn more than Christians know of religious maters, and maintain the present trend, if there are no Christians around to get research done and arguments against refined to their best conclusions.

You might note that instead of just abusing our Christian friend, I am trying to lead him to discuss morals, something that could teach both of us and can lead to a conclusion whereas any talk of the existence of God or Jesus has, as you all have seen, led nowhere and all I have seem about their reality is speculative nonsense as no one can fathom what is supposed to be an unfathomable God.

His morals are fathomable though, as depicted in the bible. A book of myths that tries to show him and his policies.

Regards
DL
Quote:So, in essence, I have just Harry Limed myself. The uncovering of the truth has just driven my point further. Given that there is no census to speak of, it's even less likely that Jesus' existence can be verified.

Except that when the Romans conducted a census it was to determine the number of Roman Citizens, Rev. Only in Italy were free born males considered citizens as a birth right. In the provinces citizenship was bestowed as a reward for services rendered - for instance completion of a military enlistment. So, its something of a strawman argument to say that there are no census records of this particular family when there NEVER would have been such records. The Romans would not have cared and Herod Antipas collected whatever taxes he did from his kingdom but his tribute to Rome was set by the treaty of alliance. It could not have been all that onerous as Antipas still had the funds to build the cities of Sepphoris and Tiberias.

Far more compelling is the archaeological evidence that "Nazareth" did not exist as even a village (let alone a city) in the early first century AD and the historical evidence that said city was not mentioned in Josephus' extensive writings on his campaigns in the area nor in the OT, itself.

Our current troll can whine all he wants about "empty tombs" and other such bullshit but the story has no archaeological or historical underpinnings at all. How many bricks can you pull out of the foundation before the house collapses?
(September 2, 2011 at 4:36 am)salty Wrote: [
My relationship with the Lord is based on answers to prayers, his providing for me and him teaching me personally, whether you believe me is not important what is important is for Christians to treat real requests for evidence with respect and do whatever is in their power to provide sources that will establish grounds for the claims of the Bible and Jesus Christ.

Are you claiming apotheosis?

If so, what was his message to you that one cannot already find in the bible or tradition and dogma.

God would know that what has already been given is slowly killing Christianity as much of scriptures has already been found by scholars to be forgeries and plagiarisms and historically incorrect in archeological terms.

You tell me your new message and how it was given and I will give you mine from my own apotheosis.

Regards
DL
(September 1, 2011 at 5:01 pm)nicholas5000 Wrote: Currently I'm reading a book called Evidence for Christianity would you like me to quote what I have learned from this book? Sadly I'm on chapter three so I have not run into proof yet

Oh great. I guess we can all look forward to you posting crap that you believe supports the truth of Christianity.

Apologetics is not meant to convince the non-believer. Apologetics is only meant to reinforce the existing beliefs of the believer.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Good luck Greatest.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Good luck Greatest.

Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2483 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime Woah0 17 1803 August 20, 2022 at 3:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2249 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16257 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 4205 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 3013 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Travis Walton versus The Resurrection. Jehanne 61 16080 November 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20747 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  How do atheists see Jesus' parables? drfuzzy 92 14914 November 3, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3490 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist