Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution
RE: Evolution
(March 26, 2018 at 9:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: Let us look at your signature.
It say...............'True' belief is drunk with celebrating certainty, no further quest is required...........

I guess you must be talking about atheists true beliefs.

The consciousness is a product of the brain.........or........when we die is all over.......or .............the universe can well do without a God because entropy can do the job.........

Is this what you mean in your signature Whatever?  I'm all ears!

FOOL.

Lightbulb Maybe he's talking about your brand of certainty, Rik. Ever think of that?

I mean, do you ever doubt that consciousness is rooted in the nonphysical soul?

I have considered that consciousness might exist as you describe it. I've also considered the materialist perspective.

Have you ever considered the other side Rik?

You presume that Whateverist hasn't even considered your side of the argument, but I think he has.

I'd guess that most atheists on these forums have considered your side of the argument...

and found it lacking in plausibility. Bird

You accuse us of atheist dogma, but how are we dogmatic if we consider alternative beliefs?
(March 26, 2018 at 9:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: Ok Khem, I will remember that.  Rolleyes

By the way on what basis are you deducing that I will experience bad news in the future?  I'm all ears!

Future?  You get the bad news every day, here on the boards..that you're a complete idiot.  You deserve that too..though I'd like to hope you didn't have to kick as many dogs for that one as you would have to in order to be raped or cleansed.  

Not sure though, since you never engage in the dog math.  Maybe kicking one dog gets you raped and kicking five dogs gets you nat-z'ed like a common joo... but if you just go for broke and kick seven you'll only have to suffer the indignity of being born...well...like you?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 26, 2018 at 11:17 am)Aegon Wrote: We need to remove some of these emojis

But he doesn’t have the vocabulary to replace any of the emojis.
(March 26, 2018 at 12:15 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
It say...............'True' belief is drunk with celebrating certainty, no further quest is required...........

The consciousness is a product of the brain.........or........when we die is all over.......or .............the universe can well do without a God because entropy can do the job.........

FOOL.

Lightbulb Maybe he's talking about your brand of certainty, Rik. Ever think of that?

DOUBLE FOOL.   Bird  

The problem with your friend Whatever is that he himself is full of dogmas (which I have already indicated time and time again) so
wouldn't be better for him to get rid of his many dogmas before he worry about other people possible dogmas?  Lightbulb

Quote:I mean, do you ever doubt that consciousness is rooted in the nonphysical soul?

Total confusion VL.  Banging Head On Desk
Consciousness and soul are the same thing whichever way you turn it.
But again NDEs already proved that as the body die the consciousness-soul get disconnected from the dead body.  Lightbulb  

Quote:I have considered that consciousness might exist as you describe it. I've also considered the materialist perspective.

It is absurd that something material such as the brain can give birth to something abstract and so much great as the consciousness.
It would be like if the vehicle can give birth to the driver.
The materialistic idea is so absurd that is laughable so only an idiot would believe along those lines.  Smile

Quote:You presume that Whateverist hasn't even considered your side of the argument, but I think he has.
I'd guess that most atheists on these forums have considered your side of the argument...

Considering is a question.
Believing in it is a different question which imply to give away a lifetime of dogmas.
Something to difficult to conceive for stubborn people.  Banghead  

Quote:You accuse us of atheist dogma, but how are we dogmatic if we consider alternative beliefs?

There is nothing wrong in considering alternative points but when you see that the alternative is absurd then if you got a little bit of brain you know you should discard that alternative ASAP.

Have a very lovely day anyway. Hedgehog

(March 26, 2018 at 12:23 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(March 26, 2018 at 9:15 am)Little Rik Wrote: Ok Khem, I will remember that.  Rolleyes

By the way on what basis are you deducing that I will experience bad news in the future?  I'm all ears!

Future?  You get the bad news every day, here on the boards..that you're a complete idiot.  You deserve that too..though I'd like to hope you didn't have to kick as many dogs for that one as you would have to in order to be raped or cleansed.  

Not sure though, since you never engage in the dog math.  Maybe kicking one dog gets you raped and kicking five dogs gets you nat-z'ed like a common joo... but if you just go for broke and kick seven you'll only have to suffer the indignity of being born...well...like you?

Gee, you always give me bad news brother Khem.  Sad
Hallucinations however are not real so your predictions will never come true.  Lightbulb

One question for you brother Khem.  Bird
Suppose you are God and you have to sort out who goes up in the human evolution and who goes down.   Huh
What would you do with those engaged in blasphemy?   I'm all ears!
Rik why are all of your posts, essentially, visual diarrhea?
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 26, 2018 at 12:23 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Future?  You get the bad news every day, here on the boards..that you're a complete idiot.  You deserve that too..though I'd like to hope you didn't have to kick as many dogs for that one as you would have to in order to be raped or cleansed.  

Gee, you always give me bad news brother Khem.  
Hallucinations however are not real so your predictions will never come true.   

One question for you brother Khem.  
Suppose you are God and you have to sort out who goes up in the human evolution and who goes down.  
What would you do with those engaged in blasphemy?  
Irrelevant.  I only observe that you deserve your present diminished state and all of the "bad news".  Shouldn't have kicked those dogs, man.

Karma's a bitch?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 26, 2018 at 12:15 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:

FOOL.

I mean, do you ever doubt that consciousness is rooted in the nonphysical soul?

I have considered that consciousness might exist as you describe it. I've also considered the materialist perspective.

You presume that Whateverist hasn't even considered your side of the argument, but I think he has.

You accuse us of atheist dogma, but how are we dogmatic if we consider alternative beliefs?

The problem is that Rik uses a nonstandard definition for just about every word he uses. And he doesn't stick to them, either. It's impossible to have a sensible conversation under those conditions. He's hardly the only theist who does this, but he is a rather extreme case.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Fuck it, give him all of it, and he's still a douche that wont accept his own bullshit.  Same as the rest.

It's actually disappointing for it's base commonality.
Indeed. He brings us Karma claims, then when we point out that those claims apply to him to, he starts saying they don't, and we (Karma!?) are being hypocrites.

Or maybe Karma lets you do anything you want after someone called your mum a whore. But according to his own dogma, he must deserve that happening to him, so why's he complaining? Oh yeah, he doesn't believe his own shit again. If he can't even believe it, how can he expect us to?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(March 26, 2018 at 12:15 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: FOOL.

Maybe he's talking about your brand of certainty, Rik. Ever think of that?

DOUBLE FOOL. 

The problem with your friend Whatever is that he himself is full of dogmas (which I have already indicated time and time again) so
wouldn't be better for him to get rid of his many dogmas before he worry about other people possible dogmas?  
Still cannot comprehend that atheism has no dogmas by definition, eh?

(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: Total confusion VL.  Banging Head On Desk
Consciousness and soul are the same thing whichever way you turn it.
But again NDEs already proved that as the body die the consciousness-soul get disconnected from the dead body.  
No they don't. By definition NDE's are "Near Death" not actually dead at all.

(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: It is absurd that something material such as the brain can give birth to something abstract and so much great as the consciousness.
It would be like if the vehicle can give birth to the driver.
The materialistic idea is so absurd that is laughable so only an idiot would believe along those lines.  Smile
Emergent behaviour. Learn what that is. To give you a simple example, explain why Langton's Ant always builds a highway regardless of the starting conditions.

(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: Considering is a question.
Believing in it is a different question which imply to give away a lifetime of dogmas.
Something to difficult to conceive for stubborn people.  Banghead  
Why are your dogmas sacrosanct?

(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: There is nothing wrong in considering alternative points but when you see that the alternative is absurd then if you got a little bit of brain you know you should discard that alternative ASAP.  

Have a very lovely day anyway.  Hedgehog
But you think that you are right no matter what. That is a dogma that you hold.

(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: Gee, you always give me bad news brother Khem.  Sad
Hallucinations however are not real so your predictions will never come true.  Lightbulb
Reincarnation isn't true, so you are stuck.

(March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am)Little Rik Wrote: One question for you brother Khem.  Bird
Suppose you are God and you have to sort out who goes up in the human evolution and who goes down.   Huh
What would you do with those engaged in blasphemy?   I'm all ears!
Don't know. What are you going to do about your blasphemy?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30724 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger