Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
(April 17, 2018 at 4:58 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(April 17, 2018 at 3:55 am)robvalue Wrote: Okay, well I would hold God to a higher moral standard than humans, not a lower one.

He tortures people who are illogical. That’s absolutely absurd, just stop and think about that. I want nothing to do with such a sadistic, petty maniac.

PS: the sun burning someone, or them being killed by jumping off a mountain are non-sentient results of cause and effect. If the sun was intelligent and was burning people just because it wanted to, that would be just as absurd and monstrous.
God in the Quran is not an Anthropomorphized entity. You can't attribute human traits to him.
That's the difference of Islam from Christianity. God in Islam is not even drawn for the same exact reason: attribution of human traits to him is Anthropomorphism that is not valid at all.

Is Allah a sentient being, or just some mindless force? Is it choosing to torture when it doesn’t need to?

If it’s supposed to be a means to an end, can’t it achieve the same end another way? If not, where does this arbitrary restriction come from?

What can possibly be achieved by this torture?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Justice.
Justice for what? Me not wanting to worship something is such a heinous crime that it can only be balanced by torture? Sounds more like petty revenge from an egotistical crazy person.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(April 17, 2018 at 12:46 pm)robvalue Wrote: Justice for what? Me not wanting to worship something is such a heinous crime that it can only be balanced by torture?
Yes.
(April 17, 2018 at 12:48 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 17, 2018 at 12:46 pm)robvalue Wrote: Justice for what? Me not wanting to worship something is such a heinous crime that it can only be balanced by torture?
Yes.

Wew lad, just when I thought you hit rock bottom you define a shovel into existence.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(April 17, 2018 at 12:48 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
Yes.

Okay. I didn't know God was such a giant narcissistic attention seeking pussy that can't handle everyone kissing its arse all the time. Even less reason to worship it.

I can't believe the kind of atrocious moral statements that religion can get people to make. This is all nonsense, but the fact that you defend it is really scary.

Index of my best videos
Hating God is hating the true nature of goodness. In fact, even hating the means to God, his appointed kings, is hating the true nature of goodness.

And if you choose evil and hate good, you reap what you sow.
We've reached some sort of critical mass now... I kind of hope we're being trolled.

Can you imagine something more divisive than the idea that people deserve to be tortured for not being part of your group? By all rights I should take that to be the most offensive statement anyone could make towards me. But I find the whole thing so childish that I can't take it seriously enough to have any negative emotions about it. It makes me laugh, in fact.

Would it make someone laugh if I told them they deserve to be tortured for being a Muslim? I highly doubt it. MK used to be a pretty mild mannered, reasonable bloke. But now something very dark is going on. I expect it's the boiling point of cognitive dissonance. I hope one day the monstrous nature of the things he's saying will snap him out of this strange state, and that he will return to a more moderate and tolerant mindset.

Index of my best videos
You want to keep goodness abstract, and say it's possible to be good without God. And here I'm not referring to the moral argument, but I'm referring that and more, that goodness is a link to the source and if you hate the means to him and that ones who channel God's light and are truly the light of God in the world, than yes, you can deny goodness having a link to God and say we will act according to some of what we know of God's light (goodness), but ultimately, if goodness emanates from God through his anointed kings and rulers of time, then you not only hate some specific commands and virtues taught by God, you hate the essence of what forms goodness.

No matter how much you try,  the light of God is apparent, the proof of his though hidden behind the clouds, still emanates light to the world, and nothing can exist without the tree of life. The blessed water his throne was upon, the spirit of God hovered over, is the true nature of the inward kingdom of things.

The blessed King who anoints his kings and spreads his light through them, and guides all creation through them, and gives things their proper titles and names through them, is the one who is most worthy to be feared, not human tyrants or any human force or so called super power on earth.

Let me repeat,  if you hate the nature of what goodness truly is,  that is by definition evil, and it's ok to be ignorant of some details, that is fine, but to be antagonistic towards the essence and center of what goodness is, this too much.

Glorified is the Majestic Lord who compassion towards his friends doesn't compel to stop punishing his enemies, and vengeance to his enemies doesn't compel him to not forgive and forbear those who place their trust in Him and his Compassion.
Nobody gives a shit about your king without a kingdom. That's the whole reason your cult was created in the first place. One asshole said to another asshole "Hey, I get to be king next!"..and the other asshole said, "nah, fuck you"........

-and here you are, more than a thousand years later.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3737 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9378 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20705 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1359 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4615 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2966 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49105 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13063 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 876 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15456 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257