Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
CDF47 Wrote:Can anyone answer where the information bearing properties of DNA come from?

Although not knowing the answer to that would not give the slightest weight to your contention (see argument from ignorance), they come from organic chemistry. For instance, RNA strands can form spontaneously under the right conditions (which can be found in nature), and RNA can 'bear information', just not as efficiently and reliably as DNA.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Quote:Non-functional information is Shannon Information.  Functional information, like is stored in DNA, is complex and specific.
ID bullocks

http://answersinscience.org/intelligent.html
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

We need to hurry up and find those respawn points Mathilda.  Then we can camp em and pop reds!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 4, 2018 at 9:55 am)Khemikal Wrote: I, personally, have no trouble in conceptualizing a world in which the facts of biology are true -and- there is a god.

It can certainly be conceptualized but there would still be no reason to ever believe in it... even if an apparently godly being showed up. It just comes back to "Who designed the designer?" "Is it an a superintelligent alien with amazing technology capable of deceiving us?" "Are we living in a simulation?" problem.
(May 4, 2018 at 9:18 am)Hammy Wrote: CDF47,

I don't accept the premise that DNA can't be explained by natural processes.

But even if I did accept that premise, what makes you think that DNA (or indeed anything) can be explained by unnatural or supernatural processes?

A mind that transcends this universe created it.  The proof is in the creation, in the fine-tuning of the universe and in the information in DNA to the molecular machines in the cell.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(May 4, 2018 at 10:03 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 8:08 am)mh.brewer Wrote: OP: Oh my gosh, this is great! I've never heard this before. How marvelous. It worked, I'm going to convert.

Um............ since I'm new at this I wonder if you can help me. Can you tell me which of the 40,000 plus sects is the right one? I don't think I want to get annihilated and need to get this right the first time. 

Also, do I take the bible (my new found direction for salvation) literally? What do I do when I find contradictions? How am I suppose to resolve atrocities and cruelty?

Believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and be saved.

Wow! I'm convinced!
CDF47 Wrote:The best idea scientists have about DNA is that it was created by a Creator.  The information in DNA is extremely complex and specific which encodes the eventual instruction of highly sophisticated nano molecular machines and other proteins.  

The best scientists would arguably be the ones in the Academy of Science. Do you really think even a bare majority of them think the best explanation for the origin of DNA is that it was designed? If so, someone has lied to you, and you should be cross with them.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 4, 2018 at 9:21 am)Hammy Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 3:45 am)CDF47 Wrote: Information always comes from a mind or intelligent being on this earth. 

Got any evidence?

Yes, computer codes always come from a programmer, for instance.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(May 4, 2018 at 10:05 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 8:50 am)Mathilda Wrote: What is "Complex Specified Information" and what function does it have?

CSI is a measure of the quantity of information contained in an item that meets the requirement of being both complex and specified, which shows whether the item is either designed or naturally-occurring.

So Complex Specified information is information that is both complex and specified. That doesn't tell me what it is or what function it has.

- What is the function of complex specified information? (2)

- What does it mean for information to be specified?

- How is the complexity of information measured?
Quote:A mind that transcends this universe created it.  The proof is in the creation, in the fine-tuning of the universe and in the information in DNA to the molecular machines in the cell.
Too bad that's a list a assertions and nothing more
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1153 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1505 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 8015 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8261 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4206 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2319 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1550 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2092 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5328 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2064 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey