Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 12:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 19, 2018 at 8:57 am)Khemikal Wrote: The free speech grift continues.

The stereotyping apologetics continue.
I understand why you think you're being stereotyped.  Your discomfort with the reality of white privilege, and any discussion which you think revolves around it, is part of the core of your objection to what you think pc is or is all about. 

You had a hard knock life.  Where is your privilege, you find yourself wondering.  Coincidentally, this is the alt right defense against white privilege.  It doesn't matter that it's not even adjacent to the subject of white privilege, it rings true for some people because hey, they -did- have a hard knock life.  There are entire swaths of very white demographics who've been fucked and left behind and, to them, the notion is downright odious. Rural whites, here, for example.

I have to wonder, though, how insisting that people not drop the n bomb on tv has something to do with white privilege, even as alt right koolaid drinkers define it? Or free speech, for that matter. A deeper dive...in what way is an acknowledgement of past and current inequality or discrimination suffered by some other person....a comment on you?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Continuing on the above;

There are other examples of subjects in which, to a particular viewpoint, acknowledgement of some terrible thing is taken to be a personal indictment, wrongly.  St. Pete presents a teary case for young white males..for example, and the harm to their apparently fragile psyches which is created by the sheer existence of the term rape culture.  It's easy to see that his concern is genuine even if his appraisal is as far off base as it could be.  It is completely un pc to suggest that a victim is culpable for their having been assaulted or harrassed.  OFC, never one to disappoint, St. Pete insists that women are at least partially culpable, for example, for wearing lipstick and high heels.  There's a no sexual harassment rule, so maybe there should be an no lipstick and high heels rule!  Why? Because lipstick and high heels are pretty, that's just nature, hur durr.  Maybe they shouldn't walk at night, too.  Spider brain at work.

Now, it may be that there are boys who feel uncomfortable, who worry that they are or are perceived as being part of that rape culture...but is the left... pc or otherwise, actually doing this to them?  Telling them that they..personally..are rapists..in effect?  No.  This is a failure of education regarding the subject and a failure of education by their parents who..perhaps, never address the subject out of a similar discomfort.  How and that this might all produce anxiety is obvious..but it's not even remotely an example of the lefts ideology creating unfairness at any level.

Additionally....the notion that the rhetoric of the left is that a person must see themselves as the victim, as the oppressed, rather than take responsibility for their lives is complete hogwash.  There's actually a term for this one.  It's called the democratic plantation theory as it relates to us politics.  Dsouza loves it.  It's the rhetoric of the spider brained right -about- the left...but it's as pervasive as any other bit of rightwing propaganda and St. Pete carries water for this one as well in his ranting kermit screed. Unsatisfied with simply claiming that the left is exploiting this viewpoint, they must insist that the left has somehow invented discrimination, disenfranchisement, and oppression out of thin air. It's not even a thing, it never happens..and if it does, it's the left doing it thankyouverymuch!

........I can dance all day!

Woe betide the person who points out that the right wing white grievance industry is not only wrong in the particulars of their case, but wrong to provide the intellectual (I use the term very loosely) background of maintaining the status quo.  Woe betide those who seek to ensure that the free expression of legitimately harmful viewpoints has real consequences.  Woe betide the person who strongly suggests that racism and discrimination and the perpetuation of these things is -not- free speech in the first place..or that anytime one finds oneself bitching about it on tv, if an entire network is devoted to nothing but this..if hundreds of thousands of hours of youtube serves no other purpose...one certainly has free speech.

Those people are dangerous radical leftist pc sjw antifa Killary Kiddiefucker Klinton super soldiers......hurtling us towards armmaggedon..and stereotyping you.  So sayeth the gospel of the lobsterman.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 19, 2018 at 9:20 am)Khemikal Wrote: I understand why you think you're being stereotyped.  Your discomfort with the reality of white privilege, and any discussion which you think revolves around it, is part of the core of your objection to what you think pc is or is all about. 
I'm not talking only about white people.  I'm talking about EVERY group about which opinions are formed due to their demographics.  Black people do this, white people say that, Koreans are so whatever.  But yes, I'd say that to the PC left, those demographics which are demonized are, for sure:
-men
-white
-middle-aged
-bosses or wealthy people

It's true that at least in America, a great many bosses are also middle-aged white men, and they may not be as sensitive to their workers' needs as they should be. However, it's also true that by FAR the vast majority of white middle-aged men are NOT bosses or wealthy people, and come from families who probably never have been.

This is a division of humanity based not on merit, but on chance.  It's essential RNG regard, and nobody likes RNG.

Quote:You had a hard knock life.  Where is your privilege, you find yourself wondering.  Coincidentally, this is the alt right defense against white privilege.  It doesn't matter that it's not even adjacent to the subject of white privilege, it rings true for some people because hey, they -did- have a hard knock life.  There are entire swaths of very white demographics who've been fucked and left behind and, to them, the notion is downright odious.  Rural whites, here, for example.  
Preach, brother! And I can one-up you on that regard, perhaps, because my mother is half-native. I have not only an actually hard life, but the demographic sympathy to go along with it. I mean. . . genocide, both culturally and genetically.

Checkmate, bitches. The power is miiiiiiine!

Quote: I have to wonder, though, how insisting that people not drop the n bomb on tv has something to do with white privilege, even as alt right koolaid drinkers define it?  Or free speech, for that matter.  A deeper dive...in what way is an acknowledgement of past and current inequality or discrimination suffered by some other person....a comment on you?
Well, is it the n-bomb we should drop, or all denigrating terms, or none? Should calling a Korean a "gook," a word which goes back as recently as the 1950's, to child enslavement and institutionalized rape of teen or even pre-teen girls, also not be deserving of the list?

How about "trailer park trash?" Are not the constant jokes about cousin-marrying and inbreeding unfairly compounding on these peoples' hard lot in life? Nope, and we know why. Because most of them are politically conservative, and some of them are conspicuously racist, none of them are seen by the PC Left as worthy of protection from stereotyping.

And here it is. The PC Left is NOT a champion of fairness after all. It is a political camp, and the language used, and the demographic lines drawn, are very clearly Democrat vs. Republican. The PC left have convinced themselves that they are truly noble, in the biggest fart-sniffing movement in perhaps all of history, while still finding a way to justify prejudicially slinging shit at people less fortunate than they are.

Are we for fairness? Fine. Then make all denigrating terms based on demographics rather than personal merit illegal to say. Or, if we care about free speech, let dumb white kids rap songs with "nigger" in them a thousand times without confrontation. But one way or the other, when you start making checklists on which demographic groups deserve special consideration, and which can be dismissed off-hand, then you are very far from the supposed equality for which the democratic left are menat to stand.

(August 19, 2018 at 10:37 am)Khemikal Wrote: Those people are dangerous radical leftist pc sjw antifa Killary Kiddiefucker Klinton super soldiers......hurtling us towards armmaggedon..and stereotyping you.  So sayeth the gospel of the lobsterman.

I think if the vehemence with which you discuss Peterson was applied toward, say, any popular black figure no matter how ignorant, you'd see that this kind of rhetoric looked insane, and dangerously so.

That you feel no compulsion to pull any punches, not even a little, kind of typifies the point I'm making. You know that because of what he is, demographically speaking, you don't need to show any personal restraint whatsoever.
The right certainly could have included themselves in the effort to reduce marginalization and inequality.  They chose to court racists instead.  That's probably the lefts fault too.

Ayup.

You think I'm giving peterson..or you..shit for being white or male, rather than for being wrong in a downright idiotic and dangerous way? That's mighty white of you, lol.

Now, why would anyone want to make this or that word illegal? I know that hate speech laws have alot of fans in some countries..but that's not really how it's done here. We don't make it illegal, we make it socially and professionally suicidal. Dumb white kids...and grown white men..-are- allowed to get together and scream ethnic slurs at the top of their lungs. There's a whole club dedicated to it, they have fun christian themed night time bbq/costume parties and bitch about how the black man and pc left are all holding them down and denying them their rightful white privilege. That's why they have to make america great again, lol.

How much more time am I going to waste on your ridiculous complaints before you convince me of something I find next to impossible and, even more..don't -want- to believe? That you really did come up with all of this shit entirely by your one-sies..and it doesn't have it's origins in the propagandists screeds that it perfectly mimics...and that you really are, in fact, one of Those People™....?
(August 19, 2018 at 4:09 pm)Khemikal Wrote: The right certainly could have included themselves in the effort to reduce marginalization and inequality.  They chose to court racists instead.  That's probably the lefts fault too.

Ayup.

You think I'm giving peterson..or you..shit for being white or male, rather than for being wrong in a downright idiotic and dangerous way?  That's mighty white of you, lol.

Now, why would anyone want to make this or that word illegal?  I know that hate speech laws have alot of fans in some countries..but that's not really how it's done here.  We don't make it illegal, we make it socially and professionally suicidal.  Dumb white kids...and grown white men..-are- allowed to get together and scream ethnic slurs at the top of their lungs.  There's a whole club dedicated to it, they have fun christian themed night time bbq/costume parties and bitch about how the black man and pc left are all holding them down and denying them their rightful white privilege.  That's why they have to make america great again, lol.  

How much more time am I going to waste on your ridiculous complaints before you convince me of something I find next to impossible and, even more..don't -want- to believe?  That you really did come up with all of this shit entirely by your one-sies..and it doesn't have it's origins in the propagandists screeds that it perfectly mimics...and that you really are, in fact, one of Those People™....?

Yeah, see, you have your hand over your ears.  Because I will condemn identity politics of any ideology.  I stand for the KKK even less than I stand for the PC Left, because I know they are likely to act on their ideology, and in pretty horrible ways.

Americans, apparently, have a deep-seated need to view the world through population demographics.  On the one side, you have the racist assholes who reduce their political opponents or disliked minorities to racial slurs, and real violence.  On the other side, you have stereotyping ideologues, fart-sniffing hypocrites who will likewise reduce the humanity of a collection of individuals down to a slur or to a set of euphemisms.

You know what I'm starting to think?  Maybe there's something in the drinking water there, that makes hatred and division the only social currency that matter.  Maybe Americans simply cannot get out of bed in the morning until someone has told them who to hate.

As for me-- I'm not having it. You can indict me or insult me all you want, but in the end, I will not be told that demographic divisions are anything but divisive. I will judge individuals on their merit, and I will expect people to judge me on my own merit. That you are casting increasingly explicit aspersions on my own merit is fine-- it is up to you.

But let me say this in closing, and I think it IS definitely time to close this argument: your arguments, and the way you have made them, have for me been consistent with the negative views I had of the PC left, and rather than persuading me, have demonstrated to me why politics based on the sense of self-justified righteousness of demographic division are dangerous. You can say your racist comments dismissing me or the stories I told are justified, or keep parroting "That's JUST what the alt right say. THEY don't like their opinions and experiences being discarded off-hand due to their race, either!" Well, I'm sure they agree that the sky's blue and that bacon's delicious, too.

When they do THEIR version of fart-sniffing, then I'll say the same exact things to them. I'll give examples of how racist prejudice leads to great harm. Perhaps they'll say stuff like "That's JUST what those nigger-loving commies say." And I'll say all the same stuff to them in kind: I don't care about drawing lines in the demographic sands and picking sides. There are those who will enable me to more easily follow my goals in life, and those who will impede me with political distractions and hatred. The former, I will love no matter how they identify, and the latter I will resent, no matter how right they think they are.

And with that said-- I gotta step away from this thread and go achieve something in life beyond smelling my OWN farts all day.
Hurr durr, the pc left aint doin nothin for the white man.  Pages and pages of this shit all for that brilliant goddamned terminus, lol.
More fun with irony.

Quote:Social justice assigns rights and duties in the institutions of society, which enables people to receive the basic benefits and burdens of cooperation. The relevant institutions often include taxationsocial insurancepublic healthpublic schoolpublic serviceslabour law and regulation of markets, to ensure fair distribution of wealth, and equal opportunity.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice

The hurr durr complaint above..like so many previous complaints..is simply wrong on it's face.  There is explicit commitment and support to furthering the interests of exploited labor..like those left behind rural whites.  I suppose that if it weren't for all the alt right farts you and they have been sniffing..they might realize that, and stop voting against their own interests.  The animus created by the right and stoked through racial and gender resentments using a litany of absurd and completely non-factual claims and arguments...like the many you have expressed in this thread, and the many Peterson sells for patreon grift....are the reason that they feel as you do. To their own detriment, against their own allies...in favor of their continued exploitation.

On the other hand, some of them really are just bigoted shitwads who would cut off their nose to spite their face. The left is still busy trying to find a way to reach those people..I don't know why they bother. Judging them on their individual merit as bigoted shitwads only leads to the conclusion that they have very little individual merit. Just as judging you, on the basis of your positions and arguments in this thread..would lead a person to conclude that you have very little merit.

But..I'm sure I'm just saying that because you're white, and I'm some kind of weird white hating ginger racist, lol...and besides, how does social justice help you..anyway? Or something. Down with whitey! Wink

-and on that note...

The silver lining of the trump presidency, as it relates to social justice, the pc left, and the situation in this country, anyway...is that it may have a positive effect.  Establishment dems might realize that they have failed to act on the deepest expressions of their ideology by trading out sj articles for right wing favorites as a way to paint themselves as "moderates" before all the radical leftist™ shit flinging from their republican opponent even begins.  They seem to be turning, instead of following the clinton playbook of diving rightward and in so doing affirming the atrocious legacy of the GOP.

People have realized the harm that disinformation campaigns can cause.  People might realize the value of pursuing womens interests even when it might be politically costly. People have realized the malaise that that exploited labor feels when they think that no one has their interests at heart.  People have realized the harm that comes from whitewashing white supremacy as a national security concern on the southern border. 

etc..etc...etc.
(August 20, 2018 at 1:35 am)Khemikal Wrote: They seem to be turning, instead of following the clinton playbook of diving rightward and in so doing affirming the atrocious legacy of the GOP.

Not to mention driving the right-of-anything-dems-can-do republicans way past fringe positions into really horrible stuff.
I went through a McDonald's drive through in central Iowa and was served by a overweight white teenager and the first thing I thought was "white privilege"...not.
<insert profound quote here>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19771 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 359 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 754 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16352 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4178 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1742 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9728 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus