Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Hell and Forgiveness
RE: On Hell and Forgiveness
Quote:Can you prove that?
Nobody outside of fundamentalist apologetic s believes otherwise

Quote:Road to Damascus.
That not an interaction with Jesus that's a story Paul wrote after his conversion 

Quote:LOL - it's unclear that there was a resurrection account before the earliest Christian documents?
And your ignorance of your very own religion of full display

Quote:1. For the first, you have otherwise sane witnesses attesting that they've experienced it, despite suffering from such attestation
Psychology disagrees with you .A person can be total rational the majority of the time and still have irrational experiences and attribute irrational believes to things they witnessed and again even sane people can be willing to die for a falsehood. 

Quote:2. For the second, you have no such witnesses
We don't need them for this to work 

Quote:The first is better supported than the second. You can choose not to believe either if you like, but to claim that there's no difference is ridiculous.
Nope there is nope difference one is just as indefensible as the other .

(September 5, 2018 at 8:35 am)polymath257 Wrote:
(September 5, 2018 at 8:24 am)alpha male Wrote: Can you prove that?

Road to Damascus.

LOL - it's unclear that there was a resurrection account before the earliest Christian documents?

Standard historical research into the documents proves what I said.

Paul's 'interaction' was certainly NOT with the Jesus of the gospels. It is much easier described as an epileptic fit.

It is unclear there was a resurrection story between the death of Jesus and the conversion of Paul.
Also there is zero evidence that Paul or any of the first gen Christians were killed for believing Jesus rose from the dead
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(September 5, 2018 at 8:35 am)polymath257 Wrote: Standard historical research into the documents proves what I said.

Let's see the research.

Quote:Paul's 'interaction' was certainly NOT with the Jesus of the gospels.

Certain because you say so?

Quote:It is much easier described as an epileptic fit.

Doesn't sound like an epileptic fit to me.

Quote:It is unclear there was a resurrection story between the death of Jesus and the conversion of Paul.

NSS, the state of thought during undocumented times is necessarily unclear.
(September 5, 2018 at 9:35 am)alpha male Wrote:
(September 5, 2018 at 8:35 am)polymath257 Wrote: Standard historical research into the documents proves what I said.

Let's see the research.

Quote:Paul's 'interaction' was certainly NOT with the Jesus of the gospels.

Quote:It is much easier described as an epileptic fit.

Quote:It is unclear there was a resurrection story between the death of Jesus and the conversion of Paul.

I don’t think that other people seeing and hearing as well; is coherent with an epileptic fit.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(September 5, 2018 at 10:23 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(September 5, 2018 at 9:35 am)alpha male Wrote: Let's see the research.

I don’t think that other people seeing and hearing as well; is coherent with an epileptic fit.

Which version of the story are you reading? The one where nobody else hears it or the one where they do?
Quote:I don’t think that other people seeing and hearing as well; is coherent with an epileptic fit.
Which version of Pauls story
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(September 4, 2018 at 2:32 pm)polymath257 Wrote:
(September 4, 2018 at 1:26 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: That’s because you have not really made an argument, but have just made statements. If you where making arguments for evolution, and I countered with non-sense about replacing evolution with garden gnomes and declaring it non-sense; I don’t think you would take it seriously. If you want to make a thread discussing the rationality of a paticular argument, then knock your socks off. I’m not impressed or interested in anything that you have presented this far, which is pretty much nothing.

In contrast to deities and garden gnomes, evolution has mountains of evidence that is testable, public, and a theory that is tested and can make predictions of future observations.

Neither the 'evidence' for deities nor for garden gnomes comes anywhere close to that for evolution. In fact, it isn't even nearly as good as the evidence for dark matter.

Pick whichever argument in favor of the existence of deities you please. In NO case does the supposed evidence weigh more than the evidence for garden gnomes.

You don’t seem to understand, you replace evolution with garden gnomes, and therefore it’s delisional. You can even throw in a “from the goo to the zoo” argument to drive the point home.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Quote:Let's see the research.
You'll just deny it

Quote:Certain because you say so?
No because it is

Quote:Doesn't sound like an epileptic fit to me. 
Because you say so?

Quote:NSS, the state of thought during undocumented times is necessarily unclear.
Nope it's simply not

Inuit Proverb

(September 5, 2018 at 10:33 am)polymath257 Wrote:
(September 5, 2018 at 10:23 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I don’t think that other people seeing and hearing as well; is coherent with an epileptic fit.

Which version of the story are you reading? The one where nobody else hears it or the one where they do?

Hear can have multiple meanings. Such as when Jesus said the they hear but do not hear. Or someone claims that you are not hearing them; meaning that you don’t understand. There is no issue there. In either case they saw the light and Paul talking with someone. Which doesn’t fit you epilepsy theory.
Quote:Hear can have multiple meanings. Such as when Jesus said the they hear but do not hear. Or someone claims that you are not hearing them; meaning that you don’t understand. There is no issue there. In either case they saw the light and Paul talking with someone. Which doesn’t fit you epilepsy theory.
Nope that's just bullshit excuse making

Inuit Proverb

(September 5, 2018 at 10:23 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I don’t think that other people seeing and hearing as well; is coherent with an epileptic fit.

Yep, or being blinded until going to a certain person and having them pray for you, then regaining sight.

(September 4, 2018 at 9:41 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote:
(September 4, 2018 at 3:31 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Believing that reality is bigger than the physical universe is not delusional.

What is there other than the physical universe? I’m genuinely curious.

God, heaven, angels, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GoodFight310 and the visions of Hell Ah_Hyug 0 827 September 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Ah_Hyug
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 35733 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hello and question about hell Kyro 80 6560 August 11, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 52940 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
  Sin & Forgiveness miaharun 119 17746 November 16, 2015 at 4:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7723 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why a heaven and hell couldn't exist. dyresand 16 5866 April 5, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: dyresand
Exclamation Hell and the Play Nice Christian Cinjin 202 34890 February 26, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Since Heaven and Hell are not temporal .. Brakeman 130 27609 December 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 7269 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris