Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 7, 2018 at 3:05 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 7, 2018 at 2:52 am)Astreja Wrote: So where's the massive influx of energy coming apparently from "nowhere" if this alleged god is actually able to control things inside this universe?  If there is no connection between the inside and outside, and no energy flow, then your god is completely powerless in this realm and can simply be ignored.

The energy is from God.  Better question is where does the information come from?

Actually that's a really stupid question. 
Your word "information" (premise) drives your conclusion. 
You premise is false.
Therefore your conclusion is false. 

There is no information. 
It's nothing but chemical reactions.
You have no evidence that anything "additional" exists in DNA.
It's composed of nucleotide molecules, which are arranged because of chemical energy/attraction.
You and your idiot Strobel are snake-oil salesmen.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 5, 2018 at 7:37 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: CD - how much complex functional information does your god designer have ?

He sounds awfully complex. I wonder who designed him ?

I think that would be whatever the turtles are standing on.

[Image: TurtlesAllTheWayDown-small.jpg]
(November 5, 2018 at 7:53 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 5, 2018 at 7:37 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: CD - how much complex functional information does your god designer have ?

He sounds awfully complex. I wonder who designed him ?

He is the primordial One.  No one created Him.  He existed forever.

Yeah, and I'm King Isildur. Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(November 7, 2018 at 8:59 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(November 5, 2018 at 7:53 pm)CDF47 Wrote: He is the primordial One.  No one created Him.  He existed forever.

Yeah, and I'm King Isildur. Dodgy

[Image: High-Quality-Cos-Bane-Mask-Cos-Batman-Da...Helmet.jpg]
Quote:He existed forever.

Oh really ? 

Then where did Reality come from ?
If *he* (does "he" have male genitalia ?) existed *forever*, then time existed "forever". 
"Forever" is a temporal reference. Doh. 
Where did time come from ? You have a "special time" ? It's "space-time" as far as we know.
You really are no engineer are you ? You're some sort of fraud, claiming to be an engineer.

Do these idiots even think about the drivel that shoots out of their mouths ?
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

(November 7, 2018 at 2:47 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 7, 2018 at 2:05 am)Rahn127 Wrote: I'm glad that you're admitting that this god doesn't exist. That's actually quite helpful.

Something without measure has a zero value.
Something that is outside of existence does not exist.

Outside the boundaries of this finite universe.

Our universe is about 04% of a larger Cosmos

We can observe a great deal about our universe.
We describe existence in terms of things within our universe, within reality.

((Universe = Existence = Real) Outside of Existence = Non Existence = Not Real)

You yourself describe your god as not real.
You describe it as not existing.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
(November 7, 2018 at 3:05 am)CDF47 Wrote: The energy is from God.  Better question is where does the information come from?

I say again: There is no evidence of energy coming from outside the universe. Therefore, you have defined your own god into impotence and irrelevance. The moment it comes to this side of the alleged barrier, we should be able to detect some trace of its existence.

We can't.

Therefore it is reasonable to assume that your god is either completely powerless, or a figment of the imagination. (Occam's Razor favours 'figment of the imagination.')
I would like to know EXACTLY, how many nucleotides (in the chains) are required to be able to say they are "information" or a code ?
What result of the polymerization (ie viruses, bacteriophages etc) meets the requirements of this "production" ?
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2...eplicator/

BTW, your non-definitions are inadequate.
"Scientists have already observed self-replication in nonliving systems. According to new research led by Philip Marcus of the University of California, Berkeley, and reported in Physical Review Letters in August, vortices in turbulent fluids spontaneously replicate themselves by drawing energy from shear in the surrounding fluid. And in a paper appearing online this week in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Michael Brenner, a professor of applied mathematics and physics at Harvard, and his collaborators present theoretical models and simulations of microstructures that self-replicate. These clusters of specially coated microspheres dissipate energy by roping nearby spheres into forming identical clusters. “This connects very much to what Jeremy is saying,” Brenner said.
Besides self-replication, greater structural organization is another means by which strongly driven systems ramp up their ability to dissipate energy. A plant, for example, is much better at capturing and routing solar energy through itself than an unstructured heap of carbon atoms. Thus, England argues that under certain conditions, matter will spontaneously self-organize. This tendency could account for the internal order of living things and of many inanimate structures as well. “Snowflakes, sand dunes and turbulent vortices all have in common that they are strikingly patterned structures that emerge in many-particle systems driven by some dissipative process,” he said. Condensation, wind and viscous drag are the relevant processes in these particular cases.
“He is making me think that the distinction between living and nonliving matter is not sharp,” said Carl Franck, a biological physicist at Cornell University, in an email. “I’m particularly impressed by this notion when one considers systems as small as chemical circuits involving a few biomolecules.”
https://www.quantamagazine.org/a-new-the...-20140122/

(November 7, 2018 at 8:24 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: DNA proves the existence of DNA nothing more. The process of abiogenesis accomplished amazing results DNA being just one of them. No designer required.

Or, one could hold, abiogenesis was the successful intent of divine agency in choosing the laws and nature of matter while evolution was likewise part of the plan.  Admittedly, inferring a cosmic schemer seems more than a little gratuitous.  But this is where the religiously inclined need to go to remain in the modern world.
(November 7, 2018 at 8:24 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: DNA proves the existence of DNA nothing more. The process of abiogenesis accomplished amazing results DNA being just one of them. No designer required.

And even if DNA did point to a sentient creator (it doesn't!), the dumbass deity from the Bible doesn't even make the shortlist of gods that might be smart enough to create such a thing.  That particular deity is about as smart as a sack of wet mice.  Extremely angry wet mice with access to weapons of mass destruction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1158 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1539 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 8035 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8318 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4207 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2323 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1551 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2096 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5335 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2064 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey