Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 5:30 am

Poll: Is the backlash against Liam Neeson's remarks justified?
This poll is closed.
Yes, definitely
30.00%
6 30.00%
It's a bit excessive.
10.00%
2 10.00%
No, absolutely not.
45.00%
9 45.00%
Whatever
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
(February 13, 2019 at 3:00 am)PRJA93 Wrote: that I literally once reported a racist coworker to a boss for making racial remarks about another coworker, but none of it's enough for you because I still won't subscribe to your EXACT brand of ideological bullshit.
Doesn't mean a person who does that still can't be racist.

For example one could have a problem with racism against Asian people but not against black people.
(February 13, 2019 at 3:28 am)Grandizer Wrote:
(February 13, 2019 at 3:00 am)PRJA93 Wrote: that I literally once reported a racist coworker to a boss for making racial remarks about another coworker, but none of it's enough for you because I still won't subscribe to your EXACT brand of ideological bullshit.
Doesn't mean a person who does that still can't be racist.

For example one could have a problem with racism against Asian people but not against black people.

Okay? But why assume that the person MIGHT still be racist? That just sounds paranoid. It's as if you're looking for racism that isn't even there. You sound like the one with issues. Does your paranoia go the other way? Could you watch someone be racist towards an Asian person but then say to yourself, "Well maybe they're not really racist. Maybe they love black people." No. Because inquisitiveness in that direction doesn't fit your narrative. One act of racism would be enough to denounce the person as a racist and you'd be totally okay with that because it fits YOUR NARRATIVE.

This type of thinking is just nonsense and is completely inconsistent. I don't have to prove I'm not a racist to you, Gae, or anyone else on this forum. It's really sad that you guys use this type of tactic when your house of cards falls, though. And funnily enough it's completely transparent to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Hey, we can't win with our ideas? Let's just call him (or infer that he might be) a racist.

It's a lame attempt to delegitimitize me and I won't stand for it. My words and thoughts on this situation are recorded throughout the thread. I'm done with this conversation and with your guys race-baiting bullshit. Try it on someone else, maybe it'll work on a dumber audience.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
We all might be racists. And while the key word here is might, studies do show that most of us do have racist biases and attitudes, and it won't do us any good to be in denial about it. Rather we should work to acknowledge these biases and rectify them when possible, as our biases can be hurtful to others.

But let's be clear here. I am not accusing you or even Liam of being racist. I carefully said the urge itself was racist. I just question the reasoning you continue to employ.

Don't have time for the rest of your rambling now, but will address whatever key point you may have made later.
In my opinion, there are three kinds of people: those who acknowledge that they deal with others prejudicially, those who do so but don't realize it, and liars. It's not always race, but it's there. Some people think they're smarter than the average bear, and will openly eviscerate those they consider inferior. Some people think they're open and generous people, but will go to another country and explain to them how their entire population are backward and wrong about everything.

And then there's the team mentality. We can see it in the Roman blues and greens-- how fucking pointless all that was-- and in modern sports. And, in my opinion, it's taken a deep hold on American politics. We have the PC nutjobs waving flags and trying to get people to lose their jobs over a single mistake, maybe one made long ago. We have the alt-right nutjobs who will shoot themselves in the foot (almost literally) to support a world view that has never benefited their class, and never will.

I'm open to all ideas-- sexual perversions, racism, any other expression of true feelings or ideas. I want to hear what people say so I can figure out where they're coming from-- not shut them down and push them out of the society where they will find each other, lick their wounds, and come back with sub-machine guns.

I've talked to real racists online (playing LOL and getting in voice chat). I've talked to Trump supporters and flat-earthers. But I've always found that I'm eager to ask more questions-- WHY do you think that? What made you believe that was true? Do you really feel hatred for those people on a daily basis?
If your aim is to just simply understand, sure. But then you're on a different mission than those people (some of whom actually have expertise in these matters and therefore have a fair understanding of what's going on) who want to see the problems that stem from some of these attitudes be addressed adequately.

As for Liam Neeson himself, part of the problem from what I've noted and from what others have noted isn't that he simply chose to be open about his past racist urge(s), but that he tried to trivialize/humanize it by referring to it as a primal urge and thereby not really acknowledging the problem. Also, trying to be a hero and all that. Perhaps you could go ask the other side as well about why they feel the way they do about this, and hence learn something you did not learn before? Surely you're not just interested in what one side only has to say, right?
(February 13, 2019 at 3:00 am)PRJA93 Wrote:
(February 13, 2019 at 1:13 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Is that a "no"?..or a "maybe later"....?  I'm many things...full of shit, not really one of them.  I really do know why people might confuse you for a hood wearing klansman, online, lol.
It's a "I'm not entertaining your race-baiting bullshit." And you STILL fail to demonstrate any validity behind these claims about me. What a patently insane statement. You are more disconnected from reality than I thought.

I have said NUMEROUS things in this thread about these racial thoughts Neeson had being wrong, that we need to have open honest discussions on race to combat racism, that I literally once reported a racist coworker to a boss for making racial remarks about another coworker, but none of it's enough for you because I still won't subscribe to your EXACT brand of ideological bullshit. I just won't quite give in to YOUR version of how I should think about these things, so I must be a closet racist, right? Jesus man you truly are one dumb fuck.

This type of nonsense is what makes these dicsussions harder to have. You should legitimately be ashamed of yourself. You won't take any of what I say at face value because it doesn't quite fit your narrative. However, I bet if I confided racist thoughts I have with you (I don't have racist thoughts, but once again that doesn't fit your narrative so I doubt you'll believe me), THEN you'd take it at face value, because now it fits your narrative and let's you complete the little puzzle you have in your mind that anyone who doesn't buy into YOUR idea of progressive ideals must clearly be a closet racist.

This all-or-nothing bullshit has to stop. I really hope people don't buy into your nonsense here at AF, this community is smarter than that. Get a life dude. Have fun getting your last word in; I'm done.

Calm down sparky, I keep suggesting that there might, just might....lol..be reasons that people -mistake- you for a closeted racist.  It's pretty simple.  Same reason that people are losing their shit over Liam.  If a person says the sort of shit that a racist would say, people will suspect that they are..in fact, a racist.  No matter how many times they say things that racists wouldn't say, regardless of whether or not they are, in fact, racists.  Your racist coworker didn't think you were safe because you were white.

That's how that works, shocking, I know.    Jerkoff

Or, ofc, it's all a gigantic all-or-nothing race baiting conspiracy from people completely disconnected with reality who keep making everyone laugh at you, like myself....and that's...definitely not... the sort of outburst that might cause such a misapprehension. 50/50

(February 13, 2019 at 5:13 am)bennyboy Wrote:  We have the alt-right nutjobs who will shoot themselves in the foot (almost literally) to support a world view that has never benefited their class, and never will.

White supremacy definitely benefits whites, lol. Otherwise, though, pretty spot on. I'm always amused at how racist people explain their racist thoughts...and man will they explain their racist thoughts in a game lobby. It's a veritable bigot safe space,lol..always has been. Digital expressions of racism are pretty much the go-to nowadays. Racists aren't as stupid as people imagine them to be, they see that marching in hoods is a bad look, so they cover their racism as any number of other things, and the online push is stronk.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2019 at 12:54 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Not really.  

It's more an attempt to help you realize why people might think that you're a racist...along with the assumption that you aren't, and that you would change your interactions so that they accurately reflected who you are, rather than those people whose interactions in that same style are meant to explicitly signal as much to others.   

I'm pretty sure that most people in this forum see you as a self loathing white man who is over-compensating. It's certainly the way that I see you. And if I were to use your own reasoning, I would have to conclude that you are over compensating for your own racism and sexism. You're a racist misogynist who goes around criticizing white men as a way of compensating for your own repressed racism and misogyny.  Hey, we all need to compensate for our tendencies. But the guy who feels the need to over compensate is always suspect. You constantly attack white men to hide your hatred of black people and women.

I am just using a kind of reasoning that you seem to be rather fond of.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
It would be interesting if they saw me as self loathing in any way...I was pretty sure the opposite was true, that I come off as entirely full of myself, lol?

The above though, is a pretty good example of the sorts of shit that racists are always bitching about. All these self loathing whites, overcompensating..virtue signalling, when in fact they're really just racists. They should attack black men for a change.

Like Liam tried to!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2019 at 9:05 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: It would be interesting if they saw me as self loathing in any way...I was pretty sure the opposite was true, that I come off as entirely full of myself, lol?

The above though, is a pretty good example of the sorts of shit that racists are always bitching about.  All these self loathing whites, overcompensating..virtue signalling, when in fact they're really just racists.  They should attack black men for a change.  

Like Liam tried to!

No one sees you as full of yourself. You shouldn't be surprised that people see you as compensating for your own racism and misogyny. I mean, it's pretty obvious.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Well that's a damned shame, I work hard so that they do!  Guess I'll have to up my game?

Again, regardless of whether or not that's true, it's something that racists commonly bitch about..so, when you say it, it really shouldn't come as any surprise that people start to wonder.   That people who talk like racists might be racists is one of the safer bets in the history of safe bets.   Complaining about how others can't see through to the real you..or even more ludicrously, that this is some plot to destroy your party rather than a simple case of your possessing a shitmouth...is silly.

Here's a hot tip for anyone who finds themselves on the other end of those suspicions. Want people to stop wondering whether or not you're a racist? Stop saying the shit that racists say. I know it sounds far-fetched, like..how would that even work..right? Still, it's worth a shot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 790 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  More Race Hysteria from SJW's Neo-Scholastic 260 30383 October 14, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Michigan Pedophile Rapist Gets joint custody of son of one of his rape victims Divinity 23 6361 October 10, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments Jackalope 2 837 April 26, 2017 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Vote Rigging Discovered In Canadian Tory Leadership Race Amarok 0 530 March 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  BTW, that's gang rape, not misdemeanor assault vorlon13 76 10155 December 14, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  British woman 'arrested in Dubai after reporting rape' zebo-the-fat 28 3741 November 19, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? GUBU 783 75637 October 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Catholic Church Opposes Removing Statute of Limitations for Child Rape SteelCurtain 89 9675 May 1, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Amherst Student Was Expelled for Rape. But He Was Raped, Evidence Shows. ErGingerbreadMandude 23 4749 December 24, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet