Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 8:23 am

Poll: Is the backlash against Liam Neeson's remarks justified?
This poll is closed.
Yes, definitely
30.00%
6 30.00%
It's a bit excessive.
10.00%
2 10.00%
No, absolutely not.
45.00%
9 45.00%
Whatever
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
(February 13, 2019 at 4:10 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: I'm pointing out that some liberals have associated themselves with racists...I certainly hope that they've done so unintentionally, and the trend is getting bigger...but that this probably explains why people misidentify them -as- racists for thoroughly rational reasons.  

Now that we've briefly skimmed the free speech grift as relayed by racists...we're on to the part of the new narrative where opposition to white supremacist ideology is oppression.  Also a white supremacist favorite.  

Look, lol..I get it, I get that you hate the racists, and that it very much hurts your feefees to be associated with them.  Well..then..stop doing that?  How hard can that be?  I mean..I say that, but I do see that white supremacists have become far more sophisticated than their passive opponents at the present moment.  Guess they really weren't just a bunch of trolls screwing with the normies on reddit after all, huh?   Lots of people have swallowed a racist pill..they can get super angry at the person who points that out, or they can do something about it.  That's just where we're at now, welcome to hell-world..the dumbest timeline.

The only people who are misidentifying liberals as racists are identity politics koolaid drinkers who have started calling anyone who doesn't fall into lockstep with them racists and misogynists. It's the same fucks who drove Bret Weinstein out of Evergreen and say that Bernie Sanders needs to go away because he's a white guy.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Okay, sure, that's one possibility.  Some vast mass of nutjobs out to get you and every other white guy.  Or...or..follow me through the weeds here......you say the shit that racists say and that makes Some People™ think that you might be a racist.

50/50 - just another one of life's unsolvable mysteries.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Okay, sure, that's one possibility.  Some vast mass of nutjobs out to get you and every other white guy.  Or...or..follow me through the weeds here......you say the shit that racists say and that makes Some People™ think that you might be a racist.

1) I don't say the things that racists say. You just claim that I do because I'm not in lockstep with you.
2) There is no vast mass of nutjobs out to get me and every other white guy. It's just some noisy libtards who are out to get every white guy who doesn't fall into lockstep with them.
3) You're a self loathing deeply repressed racist.
(February 13, 2019 at 5:53 pm)Yonadav Wrote: 1) I don't say the things that racists say. You just claim that I do because I'm not in lockstep with you.
You wouldn't know what lockstep with me was, Yon.  You've been tilting at that windmill for some time.  Whether or not you say things that racists say is a question for observers..I sort of hope that you wouldn't say those things if you realized that they were the things racists say, personally.  That you don't realize it goes some way toward explaining why you would find yourself saying them while simultaneously not being a racist.  

Quote:2) There is no vast mass of nutjobs out to get me and every other white guy. It's just some noisy libtards who are out to get every white guy who doesn't fall into lockstep with them.
-or..you say things that racists say.  Again, 50/50 unsolvable mystery. 

Quote:3) You're a self loathing deeply repressed racist.

That could be simultaneously true with any of the above..and it's something that racists say.   

Honestly, try it, try not to repeat the talking points of racists.  Go a day or two without doing so and see how often you're confused for a racist?  Obviously that means you might have to go and see what sorts of things the racists are saying..and that's going to be an eye opener..or, you know..not. The upshot either way, is that you won't have to worry about some intra-party plot to get the white guys destroying the left anymore, you'll have unburdened yourself of that fetish. Poor Ole Brett and Berney are on the outs for entirely different reasons than you imagine.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2019 at 6:53 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(February 13, 2019 at 5:53 pm)Yonadav Wrote: 1) I don't say the things that racists say. You just claim that I do because I'm not in lockstep with you.
You wouldn't know what lockstep with me was, Yon.  You've been tilting at that windmill for some time.  Whether or not you say things that racists say is a question for observers..I sort of hope that you wouldn't say those things if you realized that they were the things racists say, personally.  That you don't realize it goes some way toward explaining why you would find yourself saying them while simultaneously not being a racist.  

Quote:2) There is no vast mass of nutjobs out to get me and every other white guy. It's just some noisy libtards who are out to get every white guy who doesn't fall into lockstep with them.
-or..you say things that racists say.  Again, 50/50 unsolvable mystery. 

Quote:3) You're a self loathing deeply repressed racist.

That could be simultaneously true with any of the above..and it's something that racists say.    

Honestly, try it, try not to repeat the talking points of racists.  Go a day or two without doing so and see how often you're confused for a racist?  Obviously that means you might have to go and see what sorts of things the racists are saying..and that's going to be an eye opener..or, you know..not.  The upshot either way, is that you won't have to worry about some intra-party plot to get the white guys destroying the left anymore, you'll have unburdened yourself of that fetish.  Poor Ole Brett and Berney are on the outs for entirely different reasons than you imagine.

Damn, dude. You think that I've never heard the things that racists say? Uh, hello, Jewish guy here! I've talked with every kind of racist from neo-Nazis to some pretty extreme Black Hebrew Israelites. I'm sort of the adventurous type, so I like to be acquainted with those who aspire to murder me one day.
There's the trouble.  If you are aware of contemporary white supremacy and it's rhetoric and you continue to say those things then you're saying them with full knowledge and then launching a facetious argument to the contrary.  We're operating under the assumption that you're definitely not doing that, correct? Flat out, assuming that you're definitely not a racist leads to a very narrow range of possibilities, none of which you'll find anything other than offensive but one of which simply has to be true, or that assumption is false.

I think that you might be thinking of the old guard nutters, whose failures profoundly shaped a much slicker campaign in the present. Perhaps you should just do yourself a favor and look it up..get the obstacle of it having come out of my mouth out of the way?
(February 13, 2019 at 7:20 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: There's the trouble.  If you are aware of contemporary white supremacy and it's rhetoric and you continue to say those things then you're saying them with full knowledge and then launching a facetious argument to the contrary.  We're operating under the assumption that you're definitely not doing that, correct?  Flat out, assuming that you're definitely not a racist leads to a very narrow range of possibilities, none of which you'll find anything other than offensive but one of which simply has to be true, or that assumption is false.  

I think that you might be thinking of the old guard nutters, whose failures profoundly shaped a much slicker campaign in the present.  Perhaps you should just do yourself a favor and look it up..get the obstacle of it having come out of my mouth out of the way?

And now you think that you are the first self loathing libtard that I have talked to. You poor confused boy.
(February 13, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Okay, sure, that's one possibility.  Some vast mass of nutjobs out to get you and every other white guy.  Or...or..follow me through the weeds here......you say the shit that racists say and that makes Some People™ think that you might be a racist.

Some serial murderers use the term "50/50."  You might not BE a murderer-- I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I'm such a swell guy-- but you are definitely saying things that serial murderers sometimes say.

Oh. . . and I've heard you breathe air, too.  Fucking child molesting nazi Wall Street banking chicken fucker-- those are the people you have breathing air in common with, so you are probably one of them.

Let's try this out on the OP. Liam Neeson said he was filled with hatred, and he was looking around for any black guy to kill. You can be sure that many very real white supremacists have said similar things. Should we say:

(a) Neeson, a nice guy and a member of one of the most left-leaning establishments in the country, was trying to open a dialogue about racism that could shed light on how people arrive at such a dark place?
(b) He knows his blackface pictures are likely to come out soon, and he'll be over, so he can get digs in against naggers, who he's secretly always hated?

If you're a PC meme-pushing robot, you'll go with (b), and about a million nitwits HAVE indicted him for being racist-- because they're fucking stupid. I swear to god, the division that matters most these days isn't rich/poor or even black/white. It's between fucking internet trolls and civilized society.
Perfect analogy, how could I possibly argue against that?  No...you can't look in my basement.

In mere reality, it shouldn't be so hard to check and find out whether or not you've somehow found yourself saying the things that racists say, and tracing that back through noted avenues. I'd go so far as to wager that it's literally -never- the case that whatever non-racist point a person wants to make will absolutely have to make use of white supremacist rhetoric. There's always a better way to say whatever it is. On the other side of that coin, theres literally no way to address either the phenomena of white supremacist rhetoric expanding into the left, or systemic racism, or inequality in general..without at least using the words racist or white supremacy..as offensive as they may be.
Some people keep ignoring the fact that racism isn't just blatant overt racism, there's covert racism as well. Covert racism is, as an example, when (as a boss) you rebuke a group of your workers within some setting who all happen to be black (but the skin color is never mentioned) yet not do so to another group of people within the same setting who happen to not be black, even when the negative stuff said about the first group could be applied to the second.

Overt is obvious; covert racism relies on such mechanisms as rationalizing one's attitude towards a group of people without mentioning the real reason, yet the real reason is rooted within the subconscious biases held regarding that group.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 935 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  More Race Hysteria from SJW's Neo-Scholastic 260 33941 October 14, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Michigan Pedophile Rapist Gets joint custody of son of one of his rape victims Divinity 23 6740 October 10, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments Jackalope 2 890 April 26, 2017 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Vote Rigging Discovered In Canadian Tory Leadership Race Amarok 0 569 March 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  BTW, that's gang rape, not misdemeanor assault vorlon13 76 11579 December 14, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  British woman 'arrested in Dubai after reporting rape' zebo-the-fat 28 4001 November 19, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? Pat Mustard 783 89025 October 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Catholic Church Opposes Removing Statute of Limitations for Child Rape SteelCurtain 89 11524 May 1, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Amherst Student Was Expelled for Rape. But He Was Raped, Evidence Shows. ErGingerbreadMandude 23 5074 December 24, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet