Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 10:08 am

Poll: Is the backlash against Liam Neeson's remarks justified?
This poll is closed.
Yes, definitely
30.00%
6 30.00%
It's a bit excessive.
10.00%
2 10.00%
No, absolutely not.
45.00%
9 45.00%
Whatever
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
RE: Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations
(February 19, 2019 at 2:54 am)Thena323 Wrote: LMFAO...Oh, sure. THEN you'd be ranting about ill-tempered, hyper-masculine angry black men being "dangerous and threatening", as you bemoan the world not being your own little safe space to spout all of the bigoted/racist rhetoric you want without having your sensibilities being offended by being called the dreadful "R" word.

"Whoa, wait....Did you HEAR that? That was clearly a threat! OMG...why are these people so VIOLENT??!!! 
These fucking black animals are threatening this poor guy over something he did forty years ago. Forty years! Seriously...someone needs to notify the police or FBi! 
Fucking savages!"

Come on now, bennyboy. 
Do you really think that no one's aware of how folks like you operate? Coffee

No, actually.  I've said at least a few times that I thought black people should openly rebel against tyranny.  One of these days, I'd like to see a thousand pissed-off citizens take over a police station, for example, and let it be known what happens when a kid gets shot for no reason.  The second amendment allows for possession of firearms in defense against tyranny, and if government institutions like the police force are really being used to that end, then let's see that constitution in action.

I'm not against black people.  I'm against internet trolls who hide behind a pseudonym and patronizing white PC fart-sniffers who treat black people like they can't stand on their own two feet.  It's gone beyond the brotherhood of a shared social contract, or an issue of fairness-- I think it very much is just another side of the racist coin: by putting on a big show of helping, these white knights for justice are reinforcing their own sense of entitlement and privilege, and condescendingly extending the umbrella of their much admired narcissism onto these poor victims (as they paint them).
(February 19, 2019 at 3:19 am)bennyboy Wrote:
(February 19, 2019 at 2:54 am)Thena323 Wrote: LMFAO...Oh, sure. THEN you'd be ranting about ill-tempered, hyper-masculine angry black men being "dangerous and threatening", as you bemoan the world not being your own little safe space to spout all of the bigoted/racist rhetoric you want without having your sensibilities being offended by being called the dreadful "R" word.

"Whoa, wait....Did you HEAR that? That was clearly a threat! OMG...why are these people so VIOLENT??!!! 
These fucking black animals are threatening this poor guy over something he did forty years ago. Forty years! Seriously...someone needs to notify the police or FBi! 
Fucking savages!"

Come on now, bennyboy. 
Do you really think that no one's aware of how folks like you operate? Coffee

No, actually.  I've said at least a few times that I thought black people should openly rebel against tyranny.  One of these days, I'd like to see a thousand pissed-off citizens take over a police station, for example, and let it be known what happens when a kid gets shot for no reason.  The second amendment allows for possession of firearms in defense against tyranny, and if government institutions like the police force are really being used to that end, then let's see that constitution in action.

I'm not against black people.  I'm against internet trolls who hide behind a pseudonym and patronizing white PC fart-sniffers who treat black people like they can't stand on their own two feet.  It's gone beyond the brotherhood of a shared social contract, or an issue of fairness-- I think it very much is just another side of the racist coin: by putting on a big show of helping, these white knights for justice are reinforcing their own sense of entitlement and privilege, and condescendingly extending the umbrella of their much admired narcissism onto these poor victims (as they paint them).

I don't completely disagree with you on the second paragraph. Some white people are like that.

That said, white people calling out fellow white people for making casually racist remarks or expressing racism in an obvious manner is not something black people generally are against. And I'm not naive enough to believe you're really arguing in good faith. You may not be comfortable when other people point out something you may have said that was racist or sexist, but it's a sign of progress when more and more people are willing to point that out rather than just sit on the fence and shake their head timidly.
(February 19, 2019 at 3:19 am)bennyboy Wrote: No, actually.  I've said at least a few times that I thought black people should openly rebel against tyranny.  One of these days, I'd like to see a thousand pissed-off citizens take over a police station, for example, and let it be known what happens when a kid gets shot for no reason.  

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10294651]

Quote:I'm not against black people.  I'm against internet trolls who hide behind a pseudonym and patronizing white PC fart-sniffers who treat black people like they can't stand on their own two feet.  It's gone beyond the brotherhood of a shared social contract, or an issue of fairness-- I think it very much is just another side of the racist coin: by putting on a big show of helping, these white knights for justice are reinforcing their own sense of entitlement and privilege, and condescendingly extending the umbrella of their much admired narcissism onto these poor victims (as they paint them).

More dissimulation. The fact that you consistently rage against people's legitimate concerns and automatically rebuke any non-black person who expresses the slightest empathy for others as a freakin' POS SJW suggests otherwise.
(February 18, 2019 at 6:56 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(February 18, 2019 at 3:30 pm)Shell B Wrote: I'm with you on some of this, for sure. However, this is just laughable. There are so many things wrong with this statement. I'll start with that it doesn't expect men to be aware of or knowledgeable about their, or others', emotions. Next, you think the idea of it is gross. Then, you associate this thing you find gross with women, suggesting that our presumed (by you) emotional intelligence is disgusting. C'mon.

I sometimes do this thing where I get aggravated with people who are being emotional. I'm intolerant of the break from forward momentum to deal with their emotions. That's a flaw I have, not a problem with people having emotions. I hope I become more patient of that, whether it concerns men or women.

Haha, yeah I knew someone would bite.  I'm sorry, but ironical speaking doesn't really come through in text.  And just between you and me, I feel that men these days are about 100x the bitches than any woman has ever been. Smile

Men these days need to sack up a little more.  I'm tired of crybabies, whiners, and drama queens.  Grow some goddamned stubble, get a few scars, do something that gets blisters on your hands or feet.  Be a fucking animal.  I don't think men need to shed a fucking tear every time they spill a little coffee on their goddamned Starbucks satchels, or somebody says something a little unseemly.

In the end, that's what I think of all this-- yeah, Neeson's a fucking man, he said something stupid.  Good for him-- men are supposed to say stupid shit, and often.  We don't really need hands across fucking America over it.  FFS, don't black people at some point feel patronized, that these almost-all-white PC do-gooders feel they need to be treated like a protected species?

Here's the response I'd like to see from a black man: "Okay, Liam, you can't find a black guy?  Here I am, bitch, fucking come and get it.  I'll knock your fucking mick dick in the dirt!"  You know. . . fight fire with fire.  Not "Wahhh. . . this 60 year old actor isn't wording his interviews in the way that maximally respects my sensitivities!  Someone point me to the nearest safe space!"

I get that. Satire doesn't always come through. However, you called it satire and then proceeded to double-down on the sentiment. Men don't need to sack up. (I'm guilty of thinking in terms of toxic masculinity myself.). They need to be whoever the fuck they are. It doesn't matter. A manly man has his merits. My father is one, and I'll tell ya, he really comes in handy. A man who's more comfortable with his feelings has his merits too. That said, his merits don't matter. Be who you are, whoever the fuck you are.
(February 19, 2019 at 12:25 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(February 19, 2019 at 3:19 am)bennyboy Wrote: No, actually.  I've said at least a few times that I thought black people should openly rebel against tyranny.  One of these days, I'd like to see a thousand pissed-off citizens take over a police station, for example, and let it be known what happens when a kid gets shot for no reason.  

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10294651]
I can quote several times in which I've said so in the past.

Quote:
Quote:I'm not against black people.  I'm against internet trolls who hide behind a pseudonym and patronizing white PC fart-sniffers who treat black people like they can't stand on their own two feet.  It's gone beyond the brotherhood of a shared social contract, or an issue of fairness-- I think it very much is just another side of the racist coin: by putting on a big show of helping, these white knights for justice are reinforcing their own sense of entitlement and privilege, and condescendingly extending the umbrella of their much admired narcissism onto these poor victims (as they paint them).

More dissimulation. The fact that you consistently rage against people's legitimate concerns and automatically rebuke any non-black person who expresses the slightest empathy for others as a freakin' POS SJW suggests otherwise.
Raging, huh? Nah, if I was RAGING, I'd be typing in ALL-caps, like YOU.

I just happen to believe in free speech. I endorse the right of anyone, from any race, religion or background to say whatever you want. I even endorse your right to screech or call names.

In the cases where free speech is deeply offensive, I'm fine with people using THEIR free speech to respond-- or their fists if it's appropriate. But this case isn't that-- this case is just a slightly weird comment by an actor about some of the feelings he was portraying in his movie, and he was relating it to an experience 40 years ago. You have to try really really hard to be deeply offended by that.

(February 19, 2019 at 12:42 pm)Shell B Wrote: I get that. Satire doesn't always come through. However, you called it satire and then proceeded to double-down on the sentiment. Men don't need to sack up. (I'm guilty of thinking in terms of toxic masculinity myself.). They need to be whoever the fuck they are. It doesn't matter. A manly man has his merits. My father is one, and I'll tell ya, he really comes in handy. A man who's more comfortable with his feelings has his merits too. That said, his merits don't matter. Be who you are, whoever the fuck you are.

I dunno, Shell. My cousin has a lot to say about stuff, but he lives in his Mom's basement. I get out of bed every day in a country I hate but will almost certainly die in, go do a job that I haven't enjoyed in 10 years, and I put food on the table. If I need to cry, I do it on the inside, because there's no room in the budget for goddamned hankies.

And that's kind of a problem-- there are so many kids running around worrying about mememe, or looking for ways to express themselves, making sure their food is vegan or gluten free, making sure their $20 lattes are made with free-traded coffee, and generally filling space in the most annoying way possible that they are forgetting to do anything productive. How many lifetimes of manpower have been wasted just over an old man's description of an even that happened 40 years ago, when he was a different person?

As for toxic masculinity, I'd say this. When there's nothing that needs to be built, or dug out of the dirt, or shot out of the sky before it drops a bomb on your family, manly men are kind of the wrong tool for the job. I get that. You don't need chest-thumping in an ad campaign meeting. But what's going to happen when shit goes down, like say if China starts dropping bombs, and you have a bunch of super-sensitive guys running around with their little satchels and their shiny skin and their manicured nails?

On that day, I'd give 10 of those whiny fuckers for one of your Dad. You want young Liam manning a turret. And so would they.

And one more thing about that-- manly men are born that way, too. Their hormones are what they are. Their brains are what they are. It's a struggle with aggressive or sexual instincts that have no place, and with a personality set that is called "toxic," when that's how men have always been, and always will be. Is there any other group of people who are more castigated, or more unabashedly mocked, simply for being what they are born as?
Thing is, a lot of those "whiny" men you describe hold really important jobs in our country. I hate to break it to you, but we're not usually being invaded. We actually need everyone, not just tough guys.
(February 19, 2019 at 5:45 pm)Shell B Wrote: Thing is, a lot of those "whiny" men you describe hold really important jobs in our country. I hate to break it to you, but we're not usually being invaded. We actually need everyone, not just tough guys.

No doubt.  Advertising is important.  The law is important.  Interior decorating is important.  Even making and serving coffee is important.  I think I need to revise my stance right now, because I agree that people, so long as they are living their lives productively and trying to get along, can find value in many different ways.

But my sense is that the PC left have made it their jobs (or in some cases their second jobs) to block, to interfere, to look for trivialities to blow up and rally around.  There's just too much noise, too much fake drama, too much screech.  At some point, people have to accept that we're chimps, that we're imperfect, that we do stupid shit all the time, and that at the end of the day, stifling free speech is not going to have the effect the screechers want.

Let's say you take out the worst 50% of us-- Liam Neeson, me, every man over the age of 40-- all the ones who we'd like to silence.  Would everyone wake up one day to a bright world and a shining future?  I think not-- I think the remaining 50% will be engaged in a screechathon, and because they're so fucking dumb, the government will be perfectly too happy to turn them against each other.  And they will, because without the ability to speak out, there will be no ability to fight that momentum.

There's a real danger, here.  When people are not allowed to express themselves, when it is known by dogma what is right or wrong or okay to talk about, then where are we?  We're at Big Brother and thought police.
(February 19, 2019 at 7:49 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(February 19, 2019 at 5:45 pm)Shell B Wrote: Thing is, a lot of those "whiny" men you describe hold really important jobs in our country. I hate to break it to you, but we're not usually being invaded. We actually need everyone, not just tough guys.

No doubt.  Advertising is important.  The law is important.  Interior decorating is important.  Even making and serving coffee is important.  I think I need to revise my stance right now, because I agree that people, so long as they are living their lives productively and trying to get along, can find value in many different ways.

But my sense is that the PC left have made it their jobs (or in some cases their second jobs) to block, to interfere, to look for trivialities to blow up and rally around.  There's just too much noise, too much fake drama, too much screech.  At some point, people have to accept that we're chimps, that we're imperfect, that we do stupid shit all the time, and that at the end of the day, stifling free speech is not going to have the effect the screechers want.

Let's say you take out the worst 50% of us-- Liam Neeson, me, every man over the age of 40-- all the ones who we'd like to silence.  Would everyone wake up one day to a bright world and a shining future?  I think not-- I think the remaining 50% will be engaged in a screechathon, and because they're so fucking dumb, the government will be perfectly too happy to turn them against each other.  And they will, because without the ability to speak out, there will be no ability to fight that momentum.

There's a real danger, here.  When people are not allowed to express themselves, when it is known by dogma what is right or wrong or okay to talk about, then where are we?  We're at Big Brother and thought police.

LOL...The paranoia is REAL, y'all.

No one's trying to silence these assholes They're simply being called out on their fuckery and taken to task.
They say whatever they want and everyone else dutifully shuts fuck up is not the way this shit works.

Or does MY free speech not factor into this little game?
(February 19, 2019 at 8:29 pm)Thena323 Wrote: LOL...The paranoia is REAL, y'all.

No one's trying to silence these assholes They're simply being called out on their fuckery and taken to task.
They say whatever they want and everyone else dutifully shuts fuck up is not the way this shit works.

Or does MY free speech not factor into this little game?

I would die for your right to speak freely-- or for Neeson's or anyone else's. I think you alternate between good sense and downright screech, but I would never tell you not to express your ideas.

As for paranoia-- I don't think an awareness of history and of human nature is paranoia. Do you think the communists early on didn't accuse dissenters of paranoia?

See, in times of peace, it's easy to pass off seemingly minor restrictions on freedom-- we don't really need them, things seem smoother without them. But that's a slippery slope, and has been proven so in conflict after conflict over the past several thousands of years.

No, you have to maintain freedom jealously, and accept its consequences as graciously as you can, or things go south very quickly. Don't be eager to support those who are keen to end careers or lives, because as they are given more power, the net draws tighter, until all sensible people are likely to find themselves inside it.
Freeze Peach grifting about some commies, lol. "No no, my shits not alt-reich, why would anyone think that".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 790 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  More Race Hysteria from SJW's Neo-Scholastic 260 30385 October 14, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Michigan Pedophile Rapist Gets joint custody of son of one of his rape victims Divinity 23 6361 October 10, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Cheeto in Chief apparently wants to rape our national monuments Jackalope 2 837 April 26, 2017 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Vote Rigging Discovered In Canadian Tory Leadership Race Amarok 0 530 March 17, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  BTW, that's gang rape, not misdemeanor assault vorlon13 76 10155 December 14, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  British woman 'arrested in Dubai after reporting rape' zebo-the-fat 28 3741 November 19, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? GUBU 783 75639 October 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Catholic Church Opposes Removing Statute of Limitations for Child Rape SteelCurtain 89 9675 May 1, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Amherst Student Was Expelled for Rape. But He Was Raped, Evidence Shows. ErGingerbreadMandude 23 4749 December 24, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet