Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is a Mass Murderer
RE: God is a Mass Murderer
(May 9, 2020 at 2:54 am)SUNGULA Wrote: 1. I didn't call you a christian i said you were repeating christian propaganda you don't need to be christian to do that 

2.I didn't do that , And by the way pointing out you something  wouldn't' be discrimination nor would implying  your peddling apologist propaganda

3. I didn't do that.

So you kind of jumped the shark there

LoL c'mon SUNGs. 
Ive seen plenty of atheists tell a Christian "God allows pain and suffering"   "Because of God blah blah blah" in a very angry tone as well
Hyperbole? Sarcasm? Perhaps. It sure does sound like they mean it but sometimes
(May 9, 2020 at 3:12 am)Agnostico Wrote:
(May 9, 2020 at 2:54 am)SUNGULA Wrote: 1. I didn't call you a christian i said you were repeating christian propaganda you don't need to be christian to do that 

2.I didn't do that , And by the way pointing out you something  wouldn't' be discrimination nor would implying  your peddling apologist propaganda

3. I didn't do that.

So you kind of jumped the shark there

LoL c'mon SUNGs. 
Ive seen plenty of atheists tell a Christian "God allows pain and suffering"   "Because of God blah blah blah" in a very angry tone as well
Hyperbole? Sarcasm? Perhaps. It sure does sound like they mean it but sometimes
Sigh 

Actually the atheist is clearly making a argument that if supposedly good god existed  why would it allow pain and suffering .Note this is not saying it does exist it's saying if it did exist . As for the tone they do mean it .The idea that anyone could be tone death enough to attribute this world to a good god is anger inducing .This says nothing about the person belief in said god more concepts promoted by the believers . Same can be made of any of the" because of god arguments .The objection is clearly to the believers religious concepts not a deity they don't believe in . And lastly as i pointed out if you believe in god you can't be an atheist .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(May 9, 2020 at 3:12 am)Agnostico Wrote: Ive seen plenty of atheists tell a Christian "God allows pain and suffering"

I think it's clear enough that when an anti-religion person like masoni says "God did this" or "God allows that," what they really mean is "the God that Christians imagine to exist is said by them do have done this or allowed that." 

The way they say it is inaccurate and would be misleading in other contexts, but it's obvious that masoni doesn't believe. It's true that he sounds angry at a God he doesn't believe in. And it's true he sometimes sounds irrational. But we should give him the benefit of the doubt. 

It would be better for him to say: "the God that I imagine Christians imagine to exist..." Because the God masoni describes is not one believed in by many many Christians. 

As usual, he is talking about a kind of lowest common denominator, the worst version of Christianity, which somehow he believes is normal among a huge and diverse group of people. I think his emotions are causing him to think and express himself in a fuzzy way.
(May 9, 2020 at 5:20 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(May 9, 2020 at 3:12 am)Agnostico Wrote: Ive seen plenty of atheists tell a Christian "God allows pain and suffering"

I think it's clear enough that when an anti-religion person like masoni says "God did this" or "God allows that," what they really mean is "the God that Christians imagine to exist is said by them do have done this or allowed that." 

The way they say it is inaccurate and would be misleading in other contexts, but it's obvious that masoni doesn't believe. It's true that he sounds angry at a God he doesn't believe in. And it's true he sometimes sounds irrational. But we should give him the benefit of the doubt. 

It would be better for him to say: "the God that I imagine Christians imagine to exist..." Because the God masoni describes is not one believed in by many many Christians. 

As usual, he is talking about a kind of lowest common denominator, the worst version of Christianity, which somehow he believes is normal among a huge and diverse group of people. I think his emotions are causing him to think and express himself in a fuzzy way.

Ye ur right
(May 9, 2020 at 5:20 am)Belacqua Wrote: As usual, he is talking about a kind of lowest common denominator, the worst version of Christianity, which somehow he believes is normal among a huge and diverse group of people.

Really? There are bad and worst kinds of Christianities? Do you have a list?

We are all talking here about the influence of Christianity on people in every day life which is pretty bad and if you want to call them "worst kinds of Christianities" then that's your thing, but they are most prevailing ones since they influence politics, education systems and so on

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Bel remains convinced that the christian gods that atheists don't believe in aren't his christian gods. He's wrong by definition, but that's never stopped him before, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 9, 2020 at 6:37 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Bel remains convinced that the christian gods that atheists don't believe in aren't his christian gods.  He's wrong by definition, but that's never stopped him before, lol.

Nah, he's just a bog standard cafeteria christian, taking what he likes, leaving the rest. I'm sure this is how god wanted it.
(May 7, 2020 at 8:47 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(May 7, 2020 at 8:38 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: [Image: irony.gif]

No, I assume that an Egyptian in his age must've saw this -live-; I was there when it happened and I smelled the crisped corpses:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_201...a_massacre

so it's ironic to speak about religion, while forgetting about these army fucks. Religion is a scapegoat for murder. You keep that in mind Big Grin

No religion isn't a scapegoat for murder, it is a motivation for it.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 9, 2020 at 7:07 am)Nomad Wrote:
(May 7, 2020 at 8:47 pm)WinterHold Wrote: No, I assume that an Egyptian in his age must've saw this -live-; I was there when it happened and I smelled the crisped corpses:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_201...a_massacre

so it's ironic to speak about religion, while forgetting about these army fucks. Religion is a scapegoat for murder. You keep that in mind Big Grin

No religion isn't a scapegoat for murder, it is a motivation for it.
Or an excuse, or both. Goodnight
(May 9, 2020 at 6:44 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Nah, he's just a bog standard cafeteria christian, taking what he likes, leaving the rest. I'm sure this is how god wanted it.

That's exactly the opposite of the truth.

I'm the one who points out that there are a million kinds of Christianity. I don't claim that any one of them is true, or that any one kind is "real" Christianity. 

Masoni, on the other hand, chooses one particular type and claims that's what Christianity is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is the murderer? Veni 18 2567 July 17, 2022 at 6:09 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 12523 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sunday Morning Mass chuckle drfuzzy 3 1915 August 17, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 21594 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Mormons quit church in mass resignation ceremony Ziploc Surprise 1 1888 July 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Freewill of Mass Murderers Forsaken 18 5797 February 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: jason56
  another cult commits mass suicide downbeatplumb 14 4903 May 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Back From Mass: RachelSkates 10 4312 August 29, 2010 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Disinter