Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
Harrr

[Image: 4j5UjzM.jpg]
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 20, 2020 at 5:52 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: So much for the Trump's pro-army stance

Quote:Trump to pull National Guard off COVID-19 duties one day before their benefits would kick in

The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/trump-t...in-report/

That may not be the most reprehensible thing he’s done since assuming the office, but it’s up there. BOY is it up there.

I can’t even laugh at the potato thing now.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Trump's Border Wall Contract To Cost $30 Million Per Mile

Quote:The Trump administration has reportedly signed its biggest border wall contract yet, awarding a North Dakota construction firm a nearly $1.3 billion deal to put up fencing in Arizona.

Fisher Sand and Gravel, the construction firm awarded the contract, is expected to see 42 miles of black-painted fencing erected across the mountainous terrain of southern Arizona, according to The Washington Post.

Given the deal's $1.28 billion price tag, that works out to a cost of more than $30 million per mile.

That's almost $6000 per foot. And this is the piece of filth who is going to deactivate National Guard deployment to save money.

Dafuq are the building this wall out of - unobtainium?

Boru
They're building it out of pure grift, for some values of the word building. The cost per foot isn't truly calculable, because the feet never materialize.

If we ever did want a wall, for whatever reason or no reason, then somebody is going to have to be be paid to do it after these guys steal everything that isn't nailed down - so I hope they take beans.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 21, 2020 at 2:42 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: They're building it out of pure grift, for some values of the word building.  The cost per foot isn't truly calculable, because the feet never materialize.  

If we ever did want a wall, for whatever reason or no reason, then somebody is going to have to be be paid to do it after these guys steal everything that isn't nailed down - so I hope they take beans.

Here's the thing about the whole thing (same article):

Quote:However, the North Dakota firm reportedly gained President Donald Trump's support in White House meetings after Tommy Fisher, the company's CEO, praised the president on cable news and made donations to Trump's GOP allies.

And of course the cost per foot is calculable:  You're going to help pay $6000 for every foot of unbuilt wall.

Boru
None of that is payment for a wall. It's extortion by the fascist element of american politics. It's difficult to quantify what the total bill will be.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 21, 2020 at 3:55 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: None of that is payment for a wall.  It's extortion by the fascist element of american politics.  It's difficult to quantify what the total bill will be.

Of course it’s not payment for a wall. But the COST is there, irrespective of any actual wall.

If I offer agree to give you $100 for a bag of duck feathers and you don’t deliver, the cost to me is unaltered.

Boru
Yeah, that's the state of official us government policy nowadays. All cost, no benefit. I suspect that's down to the fact that it's easier to profit from costs than benefits.
Now Trumptards are pushing he idea the virus death tolls are inflated because of a few instances of misdiagnosis and pushing dimwitted view that because hospitals are getting more  funding hey are faking he numbers . When in reality .

The death toll is likely underreported and Republican states have been caught fudging the numbers .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Some of my neighbors just love the chump. I mentioned a few weeks back that I saw that a special election for a state senator in our area was coming up, but I hadn't seen my mail-in ballot. One neighbor asked what my political affiliation was, and I said, "Democrat, now!" He got it. They are OK people, but the chump is a sticking point. Anyway, I was talking to him today and he was complaining about how the CDC is flip-flopping on masks and other things. I just said that we are still learning as we go, and that we should expect the advice to change as we learn. It's funny how he modulates the rhetoric that used to come out of his mouth before I told him I supported the Democrats. Maybe he'll go to the ballot box with an adjusted attitude, but I have my doubts.

ETA- that family is renting a room from an openly gay guy. How that factors into how they behave is open to question, since the gay guy supports the chump, as well.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 30715 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 5161 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1149 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2734 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 28459 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 295494 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37148 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30792 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3216 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9904 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13