Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough.
RE: Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough.
Here you're allowed to dispose of pet poop via "sanitary landfill", meaning you can put it in the wheelie bin for the truck to pick up on Thursdays.*

*Unless there's a holiday on or before Thursday, in which case it's offset one day later.
(January 2, 2021 at 11:00 am)brewer Wrote:
(January 1, 2021 at 8:32 pm)Fireball Wrote: It's some sort of "crime" to throw the dog crap in the trash, here where I live. I flush it down the toilet, because I pick it up (with a plastic bag) and take it home when I walk the dog. Tomorrow I will be dumping some cat crap, too, since while I was picking up her shit, she spotted some cat shit and got a nibble. I hope she doesn't come down with toxoplasmosis or some other nefarious disease these rat-eating creatures might have.  Dodgy

That's one of the silliest things I've heard. Is this a city, county or state thing?

And does everyone flush their pet crap or are there other non flushing methods you've heard of?
I may be mistaken. I know that one is supposed to pick it up, not leave it laying around. I personally would not leave it in the trash can for a week. The flies would be unbearable. I don't know what everyone else does.

A non-flushing method that has been for sale for decades
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
We have lids designed to keep the bugs out of the trash. Six years here and I've never had a bug problem with the trashcans, if I keep the lids closed. they don't noticeably stink in the Midwestern summers either.
(January 1, 2021 at 8:32 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(January 1, 2021 at 1:52 am)Goosebump Wrote: I hate, like literally HATE, (THINKING of all the shit your picking up and tossing into what? landfills? all the hair you vacuum from your carpets and couches and probably beds, all the lint in your dyriers! OMG!!!! The dog crap you throw out! must be in the thousands of tons!!@)

I'm a cat person.

It's some sort of "crime" to throw the dog crap in the trash, here where I live. I flush it down the toilet, because I pick it up (with a plastic bag) and take it home when I walk the dog. Tomorrow I will be dumping some cat crap, too, since while I was picking up her shit, she spotted some cat shit and got a nibble. I hope she doesn't come down with toxoplasmosis or some other nefarious disease these rat-eating creatures might have.  Dodgy

I wonder if it's also a crime to through messy diapers in the trash?  

Seems to me that pet poo would be one of the most biodegradable things put into the trash/landfill.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Unless it's that synthetic poo mentioned upstream.
(January 2, 2021 at 11:34 am)Fireball Wrote: I may be mistaken. I know that one is supposed to pick it up, not leave it laying around. I personally would not leave it in the trash can for a week. The flies would be unbearable. I don't know what everyone else does.

I think you need to get a couple of solar ovens and sterilize, then return to the yard.

Might need to vent through a capture filter.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 2, 2021 at 7:39 pm)brewer Wrote:
(January 2, 2021 at 11:34 am)Fireball Wrote: I may be mistaken. I know that one is supposed to pick it up, not leave it laying around. I personally would not leave it in the trash can for a week. The flies would be unbearable. I don't know what everyone else does.

I think you need to get a couple of solar ovens and sterilize, then return to the yard.

I was joking with the wife that I could incinerate it.  Hehe I have a propane-fueled burner that would make short work of it. I wouldn't use a septic tank setup here, as our soil has too much clay for decent absorption.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(January 2, 2021 at 8:14 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(January 2, 2021 at 7:39 pm)brewer Wrote: I think you need to get a couple of solar ovens and sterilize, then return to the yard.

I was joking with the wife that I could incinerate it.  Hehe I have a propane-fueled burner that would make short work of it. I wouldn't use a septic tank setup here, as our soil has too much clay for decent absorption.

Have you smelled burning dog shit before?

I think you want a slow controlled release of volatiles.   Dodgy
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 2, 2021 at 10:39 pm)brewer Wrote:
(January 2, 2021 at 8:14 pm)Fireball Wrote: I was joking with the wife that I could incinerate it.  Hehe I have a propane-fueled burner that would make short work of it. I wouldn't use a septic tank setup here, as our soil has too much clay for decent absorption.

Have you smelled burning dog shit before?

I think you want a slow controlled release of volatiles.   Dodgy

Hilarious  No, I haven't. I can close the windows and doors! It won't smell for that long, anyway. In any event, I flush it down the toilet, so, what me worry?
My sweet little ginger, Quinn.  

[Image: oHJZ3HO.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Photos Tiberius 20296 4613686 May 2, 2024 at 4:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Two warnings, already - i'm not going to be here much longer Prof.Lunaphiles 43 9556 April 25, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  As much as I'd like to, I shouldn't forego a formal introduction Gol Dernitt 22 2809 August 9, 2019 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  I never introduced myself shadow 14 3782 July 23, 2017 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I drank too much wine... and now I shall grace you all with my unstable presence. Anatheist 42 8331 May 20, 2015 at 9:41 am
Last Post: Regina
  Better late than never...! DangerousElf 4 1474 September 6, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Much Hello Beardio1 20 3688 April 27, 2013 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
Wink Hope its not too late! WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 9 4279 July 21, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: C.W. Sims
  ..been lurking for far too long Ben Davis 15 5639 March 6, 2012 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  It never felt right Nyx 21 5018 January 23, 2012 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Cinjin