Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 6:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
That Gay Thread
RE: That Gay Thread
(March 9, 2021 at 6:39 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 9:07 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: -and that's why people care, because those people have been trying (and succeeding) to force shitty things on other people for no reason other than their personal discomfort.  

Meanwhile, they're being told to stop being assholes, which is a bridge too far for them..and, apparently, you.  Poor put upon straight white men, victimized everywhere they go, lol.

Do you have sons?  I have some.  If you see a world of men getting walked over (and..ofc you do...) then how well have those lessons been working?  Did their fathers not tell them to be boys often enough?  Perhaps, instead..we've been teaching our sons to walk over people?  Strong men, just protecting their families, by being assholes - this is exactly what the bigots insist, after all, isn't it?

Gotta be an asshole to trans people, because the nuclear family is on the line!
Gotta be an asshole to trans people, because manliness is under attack by the jewgenda!

:jerkoff:
If we were going to remove people from social media for being assholes, there would be no one left.

It's not necessarily transphobic to 'deny someone's existence' as what they want to be known as. If a scientist or doctor wants to say that men can't get pregnant, I can respect that, even though I myself would say that men can get pregnant. It's all semantics and I'm not going to sit here calling doctors and scientists bigots because they are defining 'man' the way that they define it. They should not be forced to use language that they disagree with.

Telling a child to be a man to you is telling them to be an asshole. You see masculinity as equaling assholishness. I see it as teaching them to be thick skinned. If they are naturally super sensitive, then eventually you're going to have to just accept that, but that doesn't mean you give up on them being strong minded from the start. You try to point them in the right direction, and if it doesn't pan out, then so be it, but you still have to try.

If you have a young boy who identifies more with female things or female dress, this should be discouraged as well, and hopefully they grow out of it. No one should want their child to be transgender, given the suicide rate and all the problems they will face in life. You try to point them in another direction, but if the trans thing sticks long term, then you accept it and love them how they are. You still gotta try to put them in the best position to succeed in life though.

It’s not semantics, it’s science.

The transgender suicide rate is what it is because of society’s refusal to accept that some people are simply made differently.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 9, 2021 at 6:54 pm)no one Wrote: So the person who is a trans needs to change because you're uncomfortable with it?

They don't need to change. It would be preferrable that they change or grow out of it, yes, and a great deal of people who think they're trans say that they were mistaken and it was just a phase.
(March 9, 2021 at 7:01 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 6:54 pm)no one Wrote: So the person who is a trans needs to change because you're uncomfortable with it?

They don't need to change. It would be preferrable that they change or grow out of it, yes, and a great deal of people who think they're trans say that they were mistaken and it was just a phase.

Nice to know you’re not necessarily transphobic. Jerkoff

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 9, 2021 at 6:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 6:39 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: If we were going to remove people from social media for being assholes, there would be no one left.

It's not necessarily transphobic to 'deny someone's existence' as what they want to be known as. If a scientist or doctor wants to say that men can't get pregnant, I can respect that, even though I myself would say that men can get pregnant. It's all semantics and I'm not going to sit here calling doctors and scientists bigots because they are defining 'man' the way that they define it. They should not be forced to use language that they disagree with.

Telling a child to be a man to you is telling them to be an asshole. You see masculinity as equaling assholishness. I see it as teaching them to be thick skinned. If they are naturally super sensitive, then eventually you're going to have to just accept that, but that doesn't mean you give up on them being strong minded from the start. You try to point them in the right direction, and if it doesn't pan out, then so be it, but you still have to try.

If you have a young boy who identifies more with female things or female dress, this should be discouraged as well, and hopefully they grow out of it. No one should want their child to be transgender, given the suicide rate and all the problems they will face in life. You try to point them in another direction, but if the trans thing sticks long term, then you accept it and love them how they are. You still gotta try to put them in the best position to succeed in life though.

It’s not semantics, it’s science.

The transgender suicide rate is what it is because of society’s refusal to accept that some people are simply made differently.

Boru

It is entirely semantics. I've heard biologists say that men can't get pregnant. Are they being anti-science? No. They are not actually disagreeing with you or I when they say that. They are defining man differently, and that's fine. Man can be defined in more than one way.
(March 9, 2021 at 6:53 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 6:43 pm)no one Wrote: Define a successful life.

A life not ended by suicide is a good start. I fully accept that trans is a real thing, but for many it's a phase that they will grow out of.

So, a parent should flip a coin to decide whether to be supportive or critical?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
No, it is not semantic it is objective. Any definition of gender that excludes trans identities is a denial of trans people and it is transphobic and will not be tolerated, And trans suicide is caused by ignorant bigots, and regardless of people who go through a phase parents should be supportive regardless.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Why then don't the thunder cunts ever grow out of it?
(March 9, 2021 at 7:20 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:A life not ended by suicide is a good start.

So what will happen to a great many trans people if they don't resolve their issue 

Quote: I fully accept that trans is a real thing, but for many it's a phase that they will grow out of.
And many many many don't

The trans suicide rate is very similar before and after surgery.

I understand that many don't grow out of it and are truly transgender. I don't want them to change who they are. When it's a small child and you don't know how real it is at that point though, I've seen experts say that it should be discouraged, and that makes sense because it's preferable that they grow out of it and not be part of a group that has such a high suicide rate. We're talking about young children here. If they're a teenager or a bit younger, then yes, support them and love them as they are. If a four or five year old biological male says they think they're a girl, you don't know what's real at that point.
Quote:If we were going to remove people from social media for being assholes, there would be no one left.
Bullshit and there is a difference between being an asshole and being a bigot.

Quote:It's not necessarily transphobic to 'deny someone's existence' as what they want to be known as.

Any denial of trans identity is transphobia by default 

Quote: If a scientist or doctor wants to say that men can't get pregnant, I can respect that, even though I myself would say that men can get pregnant. It's all semantics and I'm not going to sit here calling doctors and scientists bigots because they are defining 'man' the way that they define it. They should not be forced to use language that they disagree with.
If they deny trans people exist as their identity they are a bigot period, And no it's not semantic it's objective, and if they don't get to disagree with it.

Quote:Telling a child to be a man to you is telling them to be an asshole.

He never said that 

Quote: You see masculinity as equaling assholishness.
No, he doesn't 

Quote: I see it as teaching them to be thick skinned. If they are naturally super sensitive, then eventually you're going to have to just accept that, but that doesn't mean you give up on them being strong minded from the start.
This is all bullshit 

Quote: You try to point them in the right direction, and if it doesn't pan out, then so be it, but you still have to try.
No, you don't 

Quote:If you have a young boy who identifies more with female things or female dress, this should be discouraged as well, and hopefully they grow out of it.

Nope you encourage it and see if they grow out of it 

Quote: No one should want their child to be transgender,

They should want people to be themselves 

Quote: given the suicide rate and all the problems, they will face in life. 

Suicides rates are a social problem, not a Trans problem 

Quote:You try to point them in another direction, but if the trans thing sticks long term, then you accept it and love them how they are.

The right direction is whatever they feel is the right direction not what you think is the right direction 

Quote: You still gotta try to put them in the best position to succeed in life though.
Which is whatever path they choose as best for themselves.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(March 9, 2021 at 7:42 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 7:20 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: So what will happen to a great many trans people if they don't resolve their issue 

And many many many don't

The trans suicide rate is very similar before and after surgery.

I understand that many don't grow out of it and are truly transgender. I don't want them to change who they are. When it's a small child and you don't know how real it is at that point though, I've seen experts say that it should be discouraged, and that makes sense because it's preferable that they grow out of it and not be part of a group that has such a high suicide rate. We're talking about young children here. If they're a teenager or a bit younger, then yes, support them and love them as they are. If a four or five year old biological male says they think they're a girl, you don't know what's real at that point.

[Image: SYHv2sX.jpg]

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Foxaèr 1 1304 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue