Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chauvin Murder Trial
RE: Chauvin Murder Trial
Maybe we should, as a control measure, take a perfectly healthy person who has never had a drink or taken opioids and isn't in the middle of a panic attack and stand on his neck for nine minutes. Just to see what happens.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 3, 2021 at 7:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maybe we should, as a control measure, take a perfectly healthy person who has never had a drink or taken opioids and isn't in the middle of a panic attack and stand on his neck for nine minutes. Just to see what happens.

Boru
I think the results are pretty obvious
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(April 3, 2021 at 4:05 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(April 3, 2021 at 7:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maybe we should, as a control measure, take a perfectly healthy person who has never had a drink or taken opioids and isn't in the middle of a panic attack and stand on his neck for nine minutes. Just to see what happens.

Boru
I think the results are pretty obvious

But certain people seem to think that having your neck kneeled on is inconsequential. Their argument appears to be that it was the drugs in his system, not the cop strangling him until he died, that caused Floyd’s demise. The obvious consequent of that argument is that a person kneeling on your neck for nine minutes is not fatal.

I wonder if anyone on the defense team would care to volunteer for this control test...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What Zimmerman said at the trial was pretty damning against Chauvin. Many of the witnesses have been argumentative and are not helping themselves. Just answer the damn questions. When that MMA guy was saying you can't paint him as angry, he lost all credibility when it comes to the MMA stuff he was saying or anything else he said. The firefighter witness on the scene also rubbed me the wrong way with how bitchy and bratty she was acting on the stand. She was pissing the judge off with her bratty act and talking back like a child who's given a timeout.

I'm still waiting to see what the medical examiners say at the trial, and I think that could be what might alter my view on this.

Celebs are now saying there shouldn't even have been a trial because video is enough. I still don't know exactly what I saw on the video. I've seen magic shows before, so I have no reason to trust my eyes alone. We need more than that. I'm certainly willing to change my opinion based on what the medical examiners say. We'll see how that goes.

I'm entirely ok with rapists getting off scott free. When feminists complain about the justice system because most rapists get off, I disagree, because that's the type of system you want. You'd rather guilty people get off than innocent people get locked up. I'm not stanning for police brutality any more than I stan for rape.
Quote:That Zimmerman said at the trial was pretty damning against Chauvin. Many of the witnesses have been argumentative and are not helping themselves. Just answer the damn questions. You're not working for the defense. When that MMA guy was saying you can't paint him as angry, he lost all credibility when it comes to the MMA stuff he was saying or anything else he said. The firefighter witness on the scene also rubbed me the wrong way with how bitchy and bratty she was acting on the stand. She was pissing the judge off with her bratty act and talking back like a child who's given a timeout.
So nothing but feels 

Quote:I'm still waiting to see what the medical examiners say at the trial, and I think that could be what might alter my view on this.
No, it won't you'll just invent a reason to reject it.

Quote:Celebs are now saying there shouldn't even have been a trial because video is enough. I still don't know exactly what I saw on the video. I've seen magic shows before, so I have no reason to trust my eyes alone. We need more than that. I'm certainly willing to change my opinion based on what the medical examiners say. We'll see how that goes.
[size=small]Dumb comparison and No, it won't you'll just invent a reason to reject it./size]

Quote:I'm entirely ok with rapists getting off scot-free. When feminists complain about the justice system because most rapists get off, I disagree, because that's the type of system you want. You'd rather guilty people get off than innocent people get locked up. I'm not standing for police brutality any more than I stan for rape.
And that says everything we need to know about you.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(April 4, 2021 at 3:59 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:

I'm entirely ok with rapists getting off scott free. When feminists complain about the justice system because most rapists get off, I disagree, because that's the type of system you want. You'd rather guilty people get off than innocent people get locked up. I'm not stanning for police brutality any more than I stan for rape.
Bet your stance on rape would change if you were the one raped.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 4, 2021 at 4:45 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

I think the stance would also change if IA were to be falsely accused of rape (or any other crime).

The kind of justice system we feminists actually want is one in which the guilty are punished and the innocent are not.

Boru
(April 4, 2021 at 4:45 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

What stance? That you can't convict without sufficient evidence? Are you ok with innocent people being locked up, and then raped in jail? Locking people up without sufficient evidence is Taliban style justice, although they're more likely to just kill the person or cut off their hands. That's what happened to Emmett Till. There are already far too many innocent people locked up as it is, and minorities are likely to suffer the most if you make it so that you don't have to prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt. And no, I don't see why my stance would change if I were raped, and if my stance did change, that would likely be because I was being too emotional and irrational because of personal experience.

(April 4, 2021 at 5:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 4, 2021 at 4:45 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Bet your stance on rape would change if you were the one raped.

I think the stance would also change if IA were to be falsely accused of rape (or any other crime).

The kind of justice system we feminists actually want is one in which the guilty are punished and the innocent are not.

Boru

That would be nice if the guilty were punished and the innocent were not, but you're going to need an all knowing God to make that happen. The guilty should not be punished without sufficient evidence. That leads to many innocent people being punished, and minorities are more likely to suffer because of that.
(April 4, 2021 at 5:03 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(April 4, 2021 at 4:45 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Bet your stance on rape would change if you were the one raped.

What stance? That you can't convict without sufficient evidence? Are you ok with innocent people being locked up, and then raped in jail? Locking people up without sufficient evidence is Taliban style justice, although they're more likely to just kill the person or cut off their hands. That's what happened to Emmett Till. There are already far too many innocent people locked up as it is, and minorities are likely to suffer the most if you make it so that you don't have to prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt. And no, I don't see why my stance would change if I were raped, and if my stance did change, that would likely be because I was being too emotional and irrational because of personal experience.

So, rape victims are too emotional and irrational?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 4, 2021 at 5:07 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 4, 2021 at 5:03 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: What stance? That you can't convict without sufficient evidence? Are you ok with innocent people being locked up, and then raped in jail? Locking people up without sufficient evidence is Taliban style justice, although they're more likely to just kill the person or cut off their hands. That's what happened to Emmett Till. There are already far too many innocent people locked up as it is, and minorities are likely to suffer the most if you make it so that you don't have to prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt. And no, I don't see why my stance would change if I were raped, and if my stance did change, that would likely be because I was being too emotional and irrational because of personal experience.

So, rape victims are too emotional and irrational?

Sure, they can be. If they want people convicted without sufficient evidence, I'd call that irrational. Remember that actor that said he wanted to do something to a black guy because his friend or family member or whoever was raped by a black man? Traumatic experiences like that can lead to irrational thinking. I certainly don't blame rape victims for having irrational thoughts. I can only imagine how such an experience would screw with your mind and what pain it would cause. I can certainly understand rape victims wanting all rapists to be punished, but that's not possible without throwing thousands of innocent people under the bus at the same time.

Very often, the people who are impacted by big crimes, are the least credible people in deciding what should happen. Many of the family members who've had a sibling or child or whoever killed, would love to see the perp tortured and slowly killed. The West is better than that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kyle Rittenhouse Trial onlinebiker 352 23683 November 25, 2021 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel. Brian37 23 1060 June 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1403 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Boeing: Premeditated murder? ignoramus 0 511 September 30, 2020 at 7:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 477 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saudi Arabia: The Saudi hit squad linked to the Khashoggi murder WinterHold 9 1428 March 22, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 453 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bezos links ‘blackmailing’ to Khashoggi murder WinterHold 7 1290 February 12, 2019 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Man uses "Gay Panic Defense" to get away with murder Divinity 18 3308 April 28, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Good strategy if you face an impending trial abaris 2 662 August 29, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Jackalope