Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chauvin Murder Trial
Chauvin Murder Trial
Do you think the defendant will get a fair trial?

If so would you accept a guilty or not guilty verdict as just?
RE: Chauvin Murder Trial
I thought/think the other officers who were kneeling on Floyd's back should be on trial....
(March 9, 2021 at 6:14 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Do you think the defendant will get a fair trial?

Yes, I think it will be a fair trial.

A guilty verdict would be just, a not guilty verdict would be a travesty.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
With highly public cases like this, I wonder how any juror can claim they can judge fairly and impartially without any prior judgements or presuppositions.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I don't think he'll be found guilty of murder. He was using an approved hold and Floyd had enough drugs in his system to OD, along with his serious medical conditions. Chauvin should have realized that Floyd was in medical distress and he fucked up there, but I don't think that rises to the level of a murder conviction.
Wouldn't be the first time a cop was acquitted, that's for sure. Tellingly, however, defense sought to plead guilty to third degree murder days after the incident. The justice dept, then lead by billy barr, rejected the offer.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 9, 2021 at 6:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 6:14 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Do you think the defendant will get a fair trial?

Yes, I think it will be a fair trial.

Boru

You sound a bit like the old joke - Stalin says - "We will give them a fair trial and THEN we will hang them!"
(March 9, 2021 at 8:25 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 6:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yes, I think it will be a fair trial.

Boru

You sound a bit like the old joke - Stalin says - "We will give them a fair trial and THEN we will hang them!"

Not at all. Based on what I know, a conviction for murder would be just and can be achieved via a fair trial (I'm unable to answer your questions based on what I don't know).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Fair trial: yes

Guilty or not guilty: I can't see him getting off completely. He'll be found guilty or plea, I'm just not sure for what charge(s).

I have no choice on acceptance.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Quote:I don't think he'll be found guilty of murder. He was using an approved hold and Floyd had enough drugs in his system to OD, along with his serious medical conditions. Chauvin should have realized that Floyd was in medical distress and he fucked up there, but I don't think that rises to the level of a murder conviction.
But he will none the less be a murderer
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kyle Rittenhouse Trial onlinebiker 352 21691 November 25, 2021 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Attempt Murder for Jodie, get a Youtube channel. Brian37 23 882 June 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1188 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Boeing: Premeditated murder? ignoramus 0 489 September 30, 2020 at 7:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 411 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saudi Arabia: The Saudi hit squad linked to the Khashoggi murder WinterHold 9 1321 March 22, 2019 at 11:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 421 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bezos links ‘blackmailing’ to Khashoggi murder WinterHold 7 1234 February 12, 2019 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Man uses "Gay Panic Defense" to get away with murder Divinity 18 3182 April 28, 2018 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Good strategy if you face an impending trial abaris 2 635 August 29, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Jackalope