Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
RE: Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve.
So, if attempting to overturn the results of a democratic election that you pretty decisively lost and getting your rabid supporters to storm the Capitol isn’t a crime worth impeaching a President over, then what is? Or is it your belief that the president should be above the law and/or good and evil?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 5, 2021 at 4:05 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, if attempting to overturn the results of a democratic election that you pretty decisively lost and getting your rabid supporters to storm the Capitol isn’t a crime worth impeaching a President over, then what is? Or is it your belief that the president should be above the law and/or good and evil?
And yet were the Authoritarians apprently  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 5, 2021 at 2:50 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:Nope. It's not absurd. The Trumpers got a little anger off of their chests, didn't fire a shot, and left the building voluntarily shortly afterward.
They attempted to overthrow the government and left after they failed. That not just getting anger off your chest. Again absurd to downplay it 

Quote:No coup attempt.
Yes there was it simply failed 

Quote: That is retarded. No laws should be changed because one cop died.
The law changed because a bunch of partisan lunatics tried to murderer people and steal the ballot box and trash the Capital building. Thinking otherwise is retarded.

Quote: And Trump should not have been impeached for it. That was retarded.
Yes, he should have. He insighted all this

Quote:You're claiming free will but you refuse to give any evidence like I asked for. Will is all that exists. It is not free. We can not do otherwise. All we can do is what we do. There is no ability to change that. Show me your evidence.
You asked for evidence then you provide it yourself. As I said no free will is a self defeater  Hehe

You are absurd

Quote:That doesn't mean Trump should have been impeached.
Yes he should have been  impeached.

Quote: It was a virtue signal from Pelosi because she knew there was 0 % chance of the Republicans going along with it. 
It was rightly punishing Trump for insighting an insurrection and no Republican went with it because they supported the insurrectionists or did want to anger them.

Quote:She chose to spend her time wasting everyone's time rather than getting desperate people their stimulus money they so desperately needed.
She rightly took the time to punish Trump for his actions and stalling on stimulus money was the Republican's fault. So this is a bullshit talking point  Dodgy

Quote:How am I gross? 

Well you are 

Quote:The President is allowed to speak freely, and while being extremely careless with his rhetoric, he did tell the people watching him to be peaceful. This is a fact. Not meant to be an endorsement of the shit head Trump. He acted like a complete jackass that day.
Yup and he is allowed to be punished for the results of what he says and he only said be peaceful after telling stirring them up so he gets no points for that.

Quote:My issue is with this being treated like another 9/11, when one measley cop died.
The number of deaths isn't relevant of the actions of the insurrectionist is.

Quote: The sky is falling, right? We need to change the terrorism laws to take more rights away from the citizens and to grow the police and surveillance states, right? Wrong. None of this is necessary, which is why the news has to treat this like another 9/11 and blow January 6th 100 times out of proportion. People broke the law that day. They should be held accountable for breaking those laws. New terrorism legislation is indefensible to anyone who cares about civil liberties even a little bit.
And a bunch of paranoid nutter talk and attacking sensible laws and downplaying the insurrection  
What a joke

(September 5, 2021 at 1:38 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: The other guys are traitors who won't cooperate with holding themselves accountable - and that, children...makes an attempt to hold them accountable virtue signaling.

Mensa brain.
But But Freedom  Dodgy

Sure, if Trump hadn't made his dumb speech, maybe the event doesn't happen or isn't as wild. There's a good chance that's the case. Do I think Trump actually wanted them to break into the building though? No. His approval rating went way down after January 6, and for good reason, so this event didn't help him at all politically, and instead majorly hurt him. Trump specifically said be peaceful to give himself an out. I would not legally hold him responsible for anything because of that, and because he didn't give a direct call to action with instructions for his supporters to kill a police officer or break into the capital.

You still are not providing me any evidence of free will. Firstly, what is your definition of free will? If you think we are making conscious decisions as human beings, that's not possible, because experiments show that your brain makes the decision about what you're going to do next up to several seconds in advance, subconsciously. Give me a link to a video of someone explaining your point of view on free will if you don't want to explain it yourself. I'll gladly watch it, even if it's two hours long. I like long videos. Or just give me the name of a public figure that shares your views on free will, and I will go look into what they say about it.
Quote:Sure, if Trump hadn't made his dumb speech, maybe the event doesn't happen or isn't as wild.
 There's a good chance that's the case. Do I think Trump actually wanted them to break into the building though? No. His approval rating went way down after January 6, and for good reason, so this event didn't help him at all politically, and instead majorly hurt him. Trump specifically said be peaceful to give himself an out. I would not legally hold him responsible for anything because of that, and because he didn't give a direct call to action with instructions for his supporters to kill a police officer or break into the capital.
If Trump directed his followers to storm the capital and try and overthrow the government and override an election he fairly lost. He wanted their violence the fact he didn't see long-term consequences is just par for the course with him, And him backtracking and saying he wanted peace after weeks encouraging fear and violence wins him no points, And he is legally morally responsible for all of it and the fact he only got a hand slap is an insult. Your attempts to downplay his role won't fly. 

Quote:You still are not providing me any evidence of free will. Firstly, what is your definition of free will? If you think we are making conscious decisions as human beings, that's not possible, because experiments show that your brain makes the decision about what you're going to do next up to several seconds in advance, subconsciously. Give me a link to a video of someone explaining your point of view on free will if you don't want to explain it yourself. I'll gladly watch it, even if it's two hours long. I like long videos. Or just give me the name of a public figure that shares your views on free will, and I will go look into what they say about it.
I'll say it again no free will is self-defeating and you are continuing to provide all evidence I need  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 5, 2021 at 4:05 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, if attempting to overturn the results of a democratic election that you pretty decisively lost and getting your rabid supporters to storm the Capitol isn’t a crime worth impeaching a President over, then what is? Or is it your belief that the president should be above the law and/or good and evil?

He didn't tell his rabid supporters to storm the capital building and to kill a cop. That never happened. Trump didn't think a bunch of MAGAtards were going to pull off a coup for him. Even Trump is not that insane.

Trump was massively irresponsible that day and shit went down in part due to his words. I don't deny that. We are entirely on the same page when it comes to this. But legally, he said be peaceful, so that gives him the legal out. I just don't see any way around that. So morally, we basically agree on this. The legality of the matter is where we differ. You say that he got his rabid supporters to storm the capital, and sure, that is sort of what happened, but you need to meet a very high legal standard to prove such a thing, and I don't think that can be done.

(September 5, 2021 at 5:04 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:Sure, if Trump hadn't made his dumb speech, maybe the event doesn't happen or isn't as wild.
 There's a good chance that's the case. Do I think Trump actually wanted them to break into the building though? No. His approval rating went way down after January 6, and for good reason, so this event didn't help him at all politically, and instead majorly hurt him. Trump specifically said be peaceful to give himself an out. I would not legally hold him responsible for anything because of that, and because he didn't give a direct call to action with instructions for his supporters to kill a police officer or break into the capital.
If Trump directed his followers to storm the capital and try and overthrow the government and override an election he fairly lost. He wanted their violence the fact he didn't see long-term consequences is just par for the course with him, And him backtracking and saying he wanted peace after weeks encouraging fear and violence wins him no points, And he is legally morally responsible for all of it and the fact he only got a hand slap is an insult. Your attempts to downplay his role won't fly. 

Quote:You still are not providing me any evidence of free will. Firstly, what is your definition of free will? If you think we are making conscious decisions as human beings, that's not possible, because experiments show that your brain makes the decision about what you're going to do next up to several seconds in advance, subconsciously. Give me a link to a video of someone explaining your point of view on free will if you don't want to explain it yourself. I'll gladly watch it, even if it's two hours long. I like long videos. Or just give me the name of a public figure that shares your views on free will, and I will go look into what they say about it.
I'll say it again no free will is self-defeating and you are continuing to provide all evidence I need  Hehe

I don't follow on the self defeating thing you are talking about. Can you go a little further in explaining that? Like I posted, experiments show that we subconsciously make decisions seconds in advance before our conscious mind is even aware of it. That rules out free will. Checkmate.
Quote:He didn't tell his rabid supporters to storm the capital building and to kill a cop. That never happened. Trump didn't think a bunch of MAGAtards were going to pull off a coup for him. Even Trump is not that insane.
For weeks he stoked his followers to violence and he all but told them to do it, Trump knew full well his antics were going to result in violence, And he is that insane.

Quote:Trump was massively irresponsible that day and shit went down in part due to his words. I don't deny that. We are entirely on the same page when it comes to this. But legally, he said be peaceful, so that gives him the legal out. I just don't see any way around that. So morally, we basically agree on this. The legality of the matter is where we differ. You say that he got his rabid supporters to storm the capital, and sure, that is sort of what happened, but you need to meet a very high legal standard to prove such a thing, and I don't think that can be done.
Trump was just irresponsible he knew actually what he was doing and what the result would be, And no calling for peace after weeks of doing the opposite doesn't give him a legal out in any wat shape, or form. He's responsible and he was not punished. Your attempts to downplay his role won't fly here.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

No one has to do any of the shit you're harping about in order to convicted under us law - but it doesn't matter in the end. W won't be convicting a former president for anything in the near future.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:I don't follow on the self defeating thing you are talking about. Can you go a little further in explaining that? Like I posted, experiments show that we subconsciously make decisions seconds in advance before our conscious mind is even aware of it. That rules out free will. Checkmate.
Subconscious decisions don't even come close to refuting free will. So no checkmate I'm afraid. But please keep providing the evidence for freewill  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:Trump was massively irresponsible that day and shit went down in part due to his words. I don't deny that. We are entirely on the same page when it comes to this. But legally, he said be peaceful, so that gives him the legal out.
-not here, not in the us.  That's your frozen peaches rule, not our free speech laws. You can be charged, in the us, for the things you are on the same page with helios about - there.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Wow! What a derail.

We didn't even resolve the vast numbers of trans women trolling for kids in spas and what to do about it.

And Mike Tyson is still up for debate as a prison cellmate.

Baffle 'em with bullshit...

When that's all you have, baffle 'em...you IA, certainly don't have brilliance to dazzle us with.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Florida people!!!! arewethereyet 22 1867 September 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Portland, Oregon And Dublin Ireland: A Lesson BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1843 July 23, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1851 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1170 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I just might have to buy this book. brewer 6 633 September 5, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: John V
  Hey Trumptards - Enjoy Your Sore Assholes Minimalist 60 7163 May 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1372 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hey. Remember This? Minimalist 0 348 April 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  man thinks gay lions learnt it from humans and deserve counselling Aoi Magi 30 3044 November 4, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Hey, Alabama Minimalist 4 469 October 9, 2017 at 12:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13