Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
joke time
RE: joke time
Orion's Belt is a big waist of space.

(I know, it's a terrible joke - only three stars).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
For his wife’s birthday, a doctor ordered a cake with this inscription:

“You are not getting older, You are getting better.”

When asked how he wanted it arranged, he said, “Just put ‘You are not getting older’ at the top, and ‘You are just getting better’ at the bottom.”

It wasn’t until the good doctor was ready to serve the cake that he discovered it read:

“YOU ARE NOT GETTING OLDER AT THE TOP, YOU ARE JUST GETTING BETTER AT THE BOTTOM.”
I'm not volunteering as much as I used to at the cat shelter.

They've reduced meowers.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 8, 2021 at 8:47 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(November 8, 2021 at 1:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Who is this 'Buru' of whom you speak?

Boru

Good question. I've always thought it alluded to Irish king Brian Boru, but that mighty be a bit too esoteric

Irish people will often tell you they are descended from The Kings of Ireland. Not a all unusual, most Irish people are. In days of yore, Ireland was arse deep in small kingdoms and kings. 

There is a 'village' in Clare with my family's name, Ballywhatever.  Not sure which came first.  Today there is a church ruin and a very old grave yard. The name remains on detailed maps of Ireland. .

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Brian Boru (Middle IrishBrian Bóruma mac Cennétig; modern IrishBrian Bóramha; c. 941 – 23 April 1014) was an Irish king who ended the domination of the High Kingship of Ireland by the Uí Néill and probably ended Viking invasion/domination of Ireland.[2] Brian built on the achievements of his father, Cennétig mac Lorcain, and especially his elder brother, Mathgamain. Brian first made himself king of Munster, then subjugated Leinster, eventually becoming High King of Ireland. He was the founder of the , and is widely regarded as one of the most successful and unifying monarchs in medieval Ireland.

Brian Boru - Wikipedia

Ballyvaughan? Oh and if the name starts with Bally or Kil, the peson comes first. Bally means town, so Ballyvaughan is Vaughan's Town and Kil means church, Kilkenny *spit* being Canice's church.

To be funny there is a town called Killaboy, and another called Muff. The latter have a diving club.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
My friend David had his ID stolen. Now, he’s just Dav.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 11, 2021 at 9:25 am)Nomad Wrote:
(November 8, 2021 at 8:47 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:  Good question. I've always thought it alluded to Irish king Brian Boru, but that mighty be a bit too esoteric

Irish people will often tell you they are descended from The Kings of Ireland. Not a all unusual, most Irish people are. In days of yore, Ireland was arse deep in small kingdoms and kings. 

There is a 'village' in Clare with my family's name, Ballywhatever.  Not sure which came first.  Today there is a church ruin and a very old grave yard. The name remains on detailed maps of Ireland. .

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Brian Boru (Middle IrishBrian Bóruma mac Cennétig; modern IrishBrian Bóramha; c. 941 – 23 April 1014) was an Irish king who ended the domination of the High Kingship of Ireland by the Uí Néill and probably ended Viking invasion/domination of Ireland.[2] Brian built on the achievements of his father, Cennétig mac Lorcain, and especially his elder brother, Mathgamain. Brian first made himself king of Munster, then subjugated Leinster, eventually becoming High King of Ireland. He was the founder of the , and is widely regarded as one of the most successful and unifying monarchs in medieval Ireland.

Brian Boru - Wikipedia

Ballyvaughan?  Oh and if the name starts with Bally or Kil, the peson comes first.  Bally means town, so Ballyvaughan is Vaughan's Town and Kil means church, Kilkenny *spit* being Canice's church.

To be funny there is a town called Killaboy, and another called Muff. The latter have a diving club.

I thought it might be that. So it's where my relatives lived possibly centuries (?) ago.

My sis is our historian. She's traced dad's family back 300 years in Clare. Before that they were in Galway, but records are few. It seems our family name may be very old.

Mum's family came from Galway in the late nineteenth century and went to Canada, where they made a fortune. First in timber, then in Hockey.

Addendum; there was a BBC sitcom set in Ireland, called "BALLYKISSANGEL"

"Ballykissangel is a BBC television drama created by Kieran Prendiville and set in Ireland, produced in-house by BBC Northern Ireland. The original story revolved around a young English Roman Catholic priest as he became part of a rural community. It ran for six series, which were first broadcast on BBC One in the United Kingdom from 1996 to 2001. It aired in Ireland on RTÉ One and in Australia on ABC TV from 1996 to 2001. Repeats have been shown on Drama in the United Kingdom and in the United States on some PBS affiliates."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballykissa...0to%202001.
Have you all met my doctor?

Dr. Pepper 8D
I once shot a man with a paintball gun just to watch him dye.

Boru
(November 11, 2021 at 6:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I once shot a man with a paintball gun just to watch him dye.

Boru

Is it true that being hit by a paint ball can actually hurt quite a bit and leave a large bruise?

Pretty sure being shot whilst wearing a vest really smarts. (according to police TV shows)
(November 11, 2021 at 7:25 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(November 11, 2021 at 6:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I once shot a man with a paintball gun just to watch him dye.

Boru

Is it true that being hit by a paint ball can actually hurt quite a bit and leave a large bruise?

Pretty sure being shot whilst wearing a vest really smarts. (according to police TV shows)

I have no idea. I’ve never been shot by one.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No joke -- I have decided to convert to Christianity! Jehanne 10 2369 April 23, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A sacred joke. Mystic 15 2863 January 20, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Big Bang Theory Neil Tyson joke Brian37 1 1516 May 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  There Has To Be A Joke Here, Somewhere! Minimalist 3 2403 October 1, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Joke Minimalist 59 17321 June 27, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A little joke Sup 11 4371 April 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Evolution (is a) joke JesusLover1 12 9079 March 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Preacher joke 02 Drich 2 1921 February 12, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Preacher joke 01 Drich 8 4549 January 20, 2014 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Drich
  Make Up An Atheist Joke freedomfromforum 5 2907 October 6, 2013 at 12:30 am