Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
That Gay Thread
RE: That Gay Thread
(November 21, 2021 at 4:06 am)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(November 17, 2021 at 3:35 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: It seems trying to make a simple point to you, Huggy, counts as "derailing the thread."

Some LGBT people are assholes who do horrible things. But this has nothing to do with their LGBT-ness. It has to do with the fact they are human beings, and some human beings are horrible pieces of shit.

This transcends race, nationality, or sexual orientation. Also transcends religion (or lack thereof). Some Christians are terrible human beings. As are some atheists. Welcome to kindergarten. I hope you learned something today.
*emphasis mine*
Literally no one has said that, I simply just posted a news article of a person who happened to be trans.

The reason why it's relevant, is that this person belongs to a group that's trying to redefine pedophile to Minor-Attracted Person (MAP), and yes, they are pushing to be considered part of LBGT.

No this isn't just an "anecdote", this is a real thing.
[Image: bBqW2fU.png]

[Image: gvTQPkk.png]

And so, fuck that group. You don’t get to generalize them across the entire LGBTQ community. Just like there are violent fringe groups who associate themselves with BLM, but it’s fallacious and dishonest to conflate them with the BLM movement and/or organization as a whole. How are you not grasping this concept that is both so simple and so personally relatable to you? You have to really put a lot of work into avoiding this moment of clarity. What motivates you to do this?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 22, 2021 at 1:32 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(November 21, 2021 at 4:06 am)Huggy Bear Wrote: *emphasis mine*
Literally no one has said that, I simply just posted a news article of a person who happened to be trans.

The reason why it's relevant, is that this person belongs to a group that's trying to redefine pedophile to Minor-Attracted Person (MAP), and yes, they are pushing to be considered part of LBGT.

No this isn't just an "anecdote", this is a real thing.
[Image: bBqW2fU.png]

[Image: gvTQPkk.png]

And so, fuck that group. You don’t get to generalize them across the entire LGBTQ community. Just like there are violent fringe groups who invoke the BLM name, but it’s fallacious and dishonest to conflate them with the BLM movement and/or organization as a whole. How are you not grasping this concept that is both so simple and so personally relatable to you? You have to really put a lot of work into avoiding this moment of clarity. What motivates you to do this?
If that one group represents all LGBT people then The Nation Of Yahew, The Nation Of Islam, and The Nation Of Moors now represent all black people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_supr...cist_views
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

He’s moved his own goal posts from individual anecdotes as evidence to sub/fringe groups as evidence, which is essentially the exact same dishonest maneuver. I’ve never seen anyone try so hard to avoid admitting that they’re just plain wrong.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(November 22, 2021 at 1:32 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: And so, fuck that group. You don’t get to generalize them across the entire LGBTQ community. Just like there are violent fringe groups who associate themselves with BLM, but it’s fallacious and dishonest to conflate them with the BLM movement and/or organization as a whole. How are you not grasping this concept that is both so simple and so personally relatable to you? You have to really put a lot of work into avoiding this moment of clarity. What motivates you to do this?

(November 22, 2021 at 2:07 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: He’s moved his own goal posts from individual anecdotes as evidence to sub/fringe groups as evidence, which is essentially the exact same dishonest maneuver. I’ve never seen anyone try so hard to avoid admitting that they’re just plain wrong.

Wait, so now were dismissing groups because you consider their numbers small?

Remember this?
(October 25, 2021 at 2:24 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: How is something that affects less than 1% of the Black population (which is only 12 percent of the overall population) considered a pandemic?

(October 25, 2021 at 5:02 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: [Image: RIfImuA.jpg]
*emphasis mine*
Now all of the sudden small or "fringe" groups don't matter?

NAMBLA (North American Man/Boy Love Association) is LITERALLY a gay organization started in the 70's, not saying they represent ALL gay people but at one point this "fringe" group seemed to have a lot of clout.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Amer...ssociation
Quote:In 1993, the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA) achieved United Nations consultative status. NAMBLA's membership in ILGA drew heavy criticism and caused the suspension of ILGA. Many gay organizations called for the ILGA to dissolve ties with NAMBLA. Republican Senator Jesse Helms proposed a bill to withhold US$119 million in UN contributions until U.S. President Bill Clinton could certify that no UN agency grants any official status to organizations that condoned pedophilia.[16] The bill was unanimously approved by Congress and signed into law by Clinton in April 1994.

In 1994, ILGA expelled NAMBLA— the first U.S.-based organization to be a member...
*emphasis mine*
As we can see, they were the first "gay" US organization to be recognized on the world stage, but  it was a "fringe" group though, right?

Say what you will about "violent fringe" black organizations (no idea who they are), but I bet you won't find any of them (however brief) represented at the UN.
1.There is a huge difference between caring about minorities and judging all of a minority by their worst elements 

2. NAMBLA doesn't have a lot of clout at least not anymore and once again you resort to guilt by association  Dodgy  

3 Weather they once had representation in the UN or not is irrelevant they don't represent the LGBT community and are a fringe group and whether or not black militant groups are represented in the UN doesn't change their status as a violent fringe and their lack of representation in the wider black community.

So fail again Huggy  Dodgy

(November 22, 2021 at 2:07 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: He’s moved his own goal posts from individual anecdotes as evidence to sub/fringe groups as evidence, which is essentially the exact same dishonest maneuver. I’ve never seen anyone try so hard to avoid admitting that they’re just plain wrong.
Apparently, gays are agents of NAMBLA now
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

[Image: z-memes-171-1.jpg]
(November 22, 2021 at 8:45 pm)no one Wrote: [Image: z-memes-171-1.jpg]
No no you can't let the evil Pedos run free !!!

But remember Huggy isn't trying to vilify gay people   Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 22, 2021 at 8:09 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: Wait, so now were dismissing groups because you consider their numbers small?

Is that what you read? Weird, because that’s not what I wrote.

(October 25, 2021 at 2:24 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: How is something that affects less than 1% of the Black population (which is only 12 percent of the overall population) considered a pandemic?

lol, what a desperately stupid fucking analogy, Huggy. I’m saying a fringe group that advocates for pedophilia doesn’t represent the views of the entire LGBTQ community (duh). How is that, in any conceivable, rational way comparable to caring about violence against a minority group? Seriously, who dropped you on your head as a child?

(October 25, 2021 at 5:02 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: [Image: RIfImuA.jpg]

Quote:*emphasis mine*
Now all of the sudden small or "fringe" groups don't matter?

Who said they don’t “matter” other than you, as you desperately try to conflate two subjects that couldn’t be more different? I said they don’t necessarily represent the views of much larger groups, and therefore cannot rationally be used as an argument for that conclusion. Duh.

Seriously…who dropped you?

Huggy was not dropped, I think it was the lead paint chips.
(November 22, 2021 at 9:28 pm)Helios Wrote: No no you can't let the evil Pedos run free !!!

But remember Huggy isn't trying to vilify gay people   Dodgy

Why do you guys love to build false narratives? stating facts does not equate to vilification.

It is a fact that NAMBLA was included in the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association.

It is also a fact that NAMBLA was only removed from the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association AFTER suffering reprecussions.

Those are just two simple facts, the point being they weren't just some "fringe" group. I going to wait and see how you guys try and spin this into a representation\vilification of ALL gay people

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Foxaèr 1 1310 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue