Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
Trump may become Speaker of the House in 2023.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12/...eaker-2023
(December 8, 2021 at 8:00 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: Trump may become Speaker of the House in 2023.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12/...eaker-2023

What an interesting idea.

Only those people who pleased Donald would be allowed to speak. Surely the genius who thunk up this great idee is aware that Donald has no gratitude, no loyalty and a very short memory, much like goldfish.

I'd pay to see his first and last session as speaker. Of course it must absolutely be preserved on video in the Library of Congress.  Otherwise future generations simply would not believe it.  Cool
(December 8, 2021 at 10:44 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote: Only those people who pleased Donald would be allowed to speak. Surely the genius who thunk up this great idee is aware that Donald has no gratitude, no loyalty and a very short memory, much like goldfish.

I'd pay to see his first and last session as speaker. Of course it must absolutely be preserved on video in the Library of Congress.  Otherwise future generations simply would not believe it.  Cool
I have to step in on behalf of all goldfish. No reason to drag those cute creatures into this, especially with such a negative/trumpian connotation.

Thank you
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hispanic-vo...1638972769

Hispanic voters were also evenly divided when asked about a hypothetical rematch in 2024 of the last presidential contenders, with 44% saying they would back President Biden and 43% supporting former President Donald Trump.

Hispanic voters now basically evenly split between parties. Trump calling Mexicans rapists, in hindsight, is probably the best political move he's ever made, as apparently that's what Latino voters want to hear. Trump may have saved the Republican party from drifting away into obscurity thanks to demographic changes like many of us thought it might.
Latino voters can be a conservative cohort. Cubans in miami, for example, eat that racist shit up. The people who it's aimed at don't vote..because they can't..even though the reich wing will swear to christ they do.

Neocons did alot of work there, if you'll recall - which was a great idea...seems silly to blow it all up - but trumpism is silly, so I guess that tracks. You might think that there's some ground swell of minority support for the reich wing..but they seem to know better, judging by all the voter disenfranchisement bills. Who do you think has the better appraisal of the reality of that situation..you, or the guys running the numbers informing those policies?

Ultimately, they're polishing brass on the titanic, as the demographic change that is already swamping them isn't ethnic. It's the age of millenials - the most liberal voting bloc in modern american history. It isn't really going to be the hyper fecund invaders with calves the size of canteloupes ..or even their kids, that nail the coffin shut..it's the reich wingers own children. The ones that wont call or answer their calls anymore.

(im a little disappointed, honestly...we've had this exact convo multiple times, and at least once you seemed to acknowledge how silly the pretense was...and yet here we are, again..)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 10, 2021 at 10:14 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Latino voters can be a conservative cohort.  Cubans in miami, for example, eat that racist shit up.  The people who it's aimed at don't vote..because they can't..even though the reich wing will swear to christ they do.

Neocons did alot of work there, if you'll recall - which was a great idea...seems silly to blow it all up - but trumpism is silly, so I guess that tracks.  You might think that there's some ground swell of minority support for the reich wing..but they seem to know better, judging by all the voter disenfranchisement bills.  Who do you think has the better appraisal of the reality of that situation..you, or the guys running the numbers informing those policies?

Ultimately, they're polishing brass on the titanic, as the demographic change that is already swamping them isn't ethnic.  It's the age of millenials - the most liberal voting bloc in modern american history.  It isn't really going to be the hyper fecund invaders with calves the size of canteloupes ..or even their kids, that nail the coffin shut..it's the reich wingers own children.  The ones that wont call or answer their calls anymore.

(im a little disappointed, honestly...we've had this exact convo multiple times, and at least once you seemed to acknowledge how silly the pretense was...and yet here we are, again..)
I love the notion that racists won't try and use minorities for their own ends as if racists aren't capable of being pragmatic and subtle in their bigotry
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

It's not really a case of racists using minorities, as that racist views are just as well developed in those communities. The history of latin america isn't exactly egalitarian.

They're not being duped or cucked in the sense that they're mistaken about who or what they're voting for, they believe that shit too..or would accept it..you know, for a tax break...or to stop the commies... Wink wink, nudge nudge. The belief that some other group of people are free riding useless takers (or worse) is not limited to those lighter than eggshell white - never has been, plays on human beings in general.

What's interesting (to me anyway) is that trumpism massively expands the other to include members of it's own organizing racial demographics. It's pretty well established that in group critique is more persuasive than outgroup influence... (nothing deflates a white bigot like a white person in the room telling them they're full of shit, matter of frankly, in front of whomever they were trying to propagandize).

Turning the majority of white america into conceptual subwhites does away with that risk, and being a part of the othering group rather than it's victim is appealing to those others that want to buy in.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
A huge number of magats in my old stomping ground, as anecdotal example, are people I once excluded as members of the organizing demographic. Half breed broke dick whites with nothing to their name...and so...nothing to lose.
(December 10, 2021 at 10:14 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Latino voters can be a conservative cohort.  Cubans in miami, for example, eat that racist shit up.  The people who it's aimed at don't vote..because they can't..even though the reich wing will swear to christ they do.

Neocons did alot of work there, if you'll recall - which was a great idea...seems silly to blow it all up - but trumpism is silly, so I guess that tracks.  You might think that there's some ground swell of minority support for the reich wing..but they seem to know better, judging by all the voter disenfranchisement bills.  Who do you think has the better appraisal of the reality of that situation..you, or the guys running the numbers informing those policies?

Ultimately, they're polishing brass on the titanic, as the demographic change that is already swamping them isn't ethnic.  It's the age of millenials - the most liberal voting bloc in modern american history.  It isn't really going to be the hyper fecund invaders with calves the size of canteloupes ..or even their kids, that nail the coffin shut..it's the reich wingers own children.  The ones that wont call or answer their calls anymore.

No need to be disappointed. By demographic changes, I'm not claiming that Latinos are not white. They are white. I simply meant it in the sense that for instance, white Armenians are a little different from white Irish or white Italians. White Latinos have their own culture/ political views to a degree much of the time, but they are still as white as anyone else. I'm not trying to dispute that. Latino voters being this evenly split between the Ds and Rs was maybe something that you saw coming, but no one else really predicted this before Trump ran for office. It's a pretty big shocker for most I would think.
What do you mean no one predicted this before trump ran for office? Bush the Younger made it a party plank and benefitted from that known quantity..in florida, where his presidency was decided.

It's been a thing for a long time, the dems made inroads peaking in 2012(iirc - may have that wrong, may be 2016)....but in the longer view it's clear that they, like the shrubs admin, have failed to live up to those promises they either made, or the cohort believes they make. Same thing happening in that demo too, in the end, millennial latinos (overwhelmingly birthright citizens who are primary english rather than primary spanish and far less religious) are more likely than non latino millennials, even, to identify as liberals. The most persistent split before this was whether someone was an immigrant or first gen.

It's a two party system, you have to do something pretty extraordinary for it to end up with anything other than a generally even split. In context, the republicans are massively fucking the pooch on this one, as the present reality of the catholic church combined with the recent past of many immigrants countries gives them a massive advantage to squander. The us is a center right country, and recent polling about millennial voters as well as the bush slump aside, you see that in the last few cycles of latino americans as well..because they are, after all, american. Bubbling around in the same melting pot as the rest of us.

White christian dominionism made common cause with papists and refuges from totalitarian regimes. If you want to see blatant tokenism in action, watch south florida politics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 30783 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 5166 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1154 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2737 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 28532 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 299633 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37174 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30851 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3237 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9925 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13