Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 25, 2024, 6:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr
RE: Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr
C'mon Ronnie, pucker up and plant one on me.

[Image: 5f46626742f43f001ddff130?width=1000&form...&auto=webp]
RE: Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr
Lynchburg

Panic 

Nuff said.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Actually being a Christian is not necessary to exploit it although it seems to help.
<insert profound quote here>
(January 28, 2022 at 12:11 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Actually being a Christian is not necessary to exploit it although it seems to help.

I remember that in my early indoctrination in the RCC, the focus was on a sort of rebelliousness in the early believers..."I pray before and after meals, even it you don't".
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(January 27, 2022 at 6:45 pm)brewer Wrote: Lynchburg

Panic 

Nuff said.

To be fair, the city was named for its founder, James Lynch, who freed the slaves he inherited from his father, and was a staunch abolitionist.

The term ‘lynching’ is thought to be derived from his brother Charles, a judge and American revolutionary, who was known to have ordered British loyalists hanged after a perfunctory trial.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(January 27, 2022 at 4:24 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(January 27, 2022 at 3:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I am shocked - shocked, I tellz ya! - that a rich, professional, evangelical Christian was less than sincere in his professed beliefs.

Gotta give him credit, though, for riding that gravy train until the little head started thinking for the big head.

Boru

don’t tell me christianity got to be where it is thanks to people who thought it was bullshit but very convenient for fleecing fools?

what will you tell me next?   that the forces which animate the republican party have no use whatsoever for any of the positions they used to corral morons once they have the morons securely locked away in their own pen?

(January 27, 2022 at 4:21 pm)Jehanne Wrote: What does an ex-evangelical pastor do for a living?  Used car salesman?

nahhh, used car salesmen is way too limited in what he can promise and what he can hide.

In breaking news, water is very wet.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(January 27, 2022 at 4:45 pm)Ranjr Wrote: C'mon Ronnie, pucker up and plant one on me.

[Image: 5f46626742f43f001ddff130?width=1000&form...&auto=webp]

The irony about the evangelical right, before Farthell, was that they were for strict separation of church and state prior.

(January 28, 2022 at 5:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 27, 2022 at 6:45 pm)brewer Wrote: Lynchburg

Panic 

Nuff said.

To be fair, the city was named for its founder, James Lynch, who freed the slaves he inherited from his father, and was a staunch abolitionist.

The term ‘lynching’ is thought to be derived from his brother Charles, a judge and American revolutionary, who was known to have ordered British loyalists hanged after a perfunctory trial.

Boru

The name of the city has nothing to do with Falwell Sr and how he used his dad's bootlegging money to start a degree mill.

And nowhere in thin this thread was I implying the name of the city had to do with the lynching of blacks.

If the Falwell family gave a fuck about what you are claiming in this quote, Jerry The Badyear Blimp would not have turned out the way he did.

Just like the name "Richard" does not mean everyone who holds it is a "Dick".

Trust me, I lived in that city for over 10 years. Outside that family, everyone hates them, and the students who do attend his college only go there because it is cheap.
There's a documentary on Hulu called God Forbid
Quote:Giancarlo Granda, former pool attendant at the Fontainebleau Hotel, shares the intimate details of his 7-year relationship with a charming older woman, Becki Falwell, and her husband, the Evangelical Trump stalwart Jerry Falwell Jr.

Not a fan of documentaries, I won't be watching it. But if you're watching it, what's your take?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Falwell Threesome Silver 7 1304 August 25, 2020 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 98194 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 14773 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Silver 43 9710 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Wanted: Christians who reject the supernatural and a literal afterlife. Whateverist 48 13721 October 20, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  I wanted to apologize as a Christian.... Polaris 69 15008 April 7, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  God limits himself to working through prayer phoenix31 14 4027 January 28, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Silver
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 13247 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 11247 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 16569 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous