Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 6:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says
RE: Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says
(March 23, 2023 at 10:51 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
(March 23, 2023 at 10:49 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Trans

Trans is not a sexual orientation.  What is Elliot Page's sexual orientation?

You’d probably have to ask him that. He knows his own orientation better than I do.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 23, 2023 at 10:54 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(March 23, 2023 at 10:51 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Trans is not a sexual orientation.  What is Elliot Page's sexual orientation?

Not my business. Kinda the point.

Well, you made some assertions about only gay people ever falsely living as straight, so I am unpacking that a bit.  Elliot identifies as a male, correct?  Elliot also is attracted to and dates females, right?  A male who is exclusively attracted to females is straight, so Elliot is therefore straight right?
(March 23, 2023 at 10:59 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(March 23, 2023 at 10:51 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Trans is not a sexual orientation.  What is Elliot Page's sexual orientation?

You’d probably have to ask him that. He knows his own orientation better than I do.

That's my whole point.  In 2014 Elliot professed to be a lesbian to the BBC, now Elliot professes to be a male who likes women (ironically enough, to the BBC again).  This means that in 20014 Elliot was gay (a lesbian), but now Elliot is straight, right? This means that the OP was correct, people who are gay can become straight ala Elliot Page.
For what it’s worth, in his Coming Out statement on Instagram, he identifies as Queer (his word, not mine)

[Image: EoKvZpAXMAEbY5T?format=jpg&name=900x900]

He may be living as a man (that much we know), and he may still be exclusively attracted to women (I can’t find confirmation yet, but it seems likely), but given that he also had to live (publicly) as a woman for several decades, it’s a bit more complicated than “pretending to be gay when you’re actually straight.’ He’s still going to be LGBT either way.

(March 23, 2023 at 11:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: For what it’s worth, in his Coming Out statement on Instagram, he identifies as Queer (his word, not mine)

He may be living as a man (that much we know), and he may still be exclusively attracted to women (I can’t find confirmation yet), but given that he also had to live (publicly) as a woman for several decades, it’s a bit more complicated than “pretending to be gay when you’re actually straight.’ He’s still going to be LGBT either way.

Why did he say he was a lesbian in 2014 then?  Did he not actually believe he was a lesbian then?  How could someone who knew they were a male the whole time come out as a lesbian anyways?  Maybe I am one of the last people who tries to find the rationality in these things, but I figured on here of all places there'd still be some who did.
As far as I can tell, he did so because he didn’t expect to be able to transition at the time. It probably was the best term for what he was presenting as at the time.

(March 23, 2023 at 11:19 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: As far as I can tell, he did so because he didn’t expect to be able to transition at the time. It probably was the best term for what he was presenting as at the time.

...so it is possible that there are people who are not really gay who are professing to be gay because of social pressure to do so?
If they’re transgender, that would make sense. That’s just about the only context where that social pressure to be gay would make any sense.

(March 23, 2023 at 11:32 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: If they’re transgender, that would make sense. That’s just about the only context where that social pressure to be gay would make any sense.

...so many people were duped into believing Elliot was a lesbian.  That brings up another interesting question, if someone is gender fluid are they able to swtich back and forth between being gay and straight depending on which gender they currently identify as?
It’s been my experience that gender fluid people tend to not just be into one gender. Point is, the only times someone really goes from gay to straight the way you talk about, they’re still somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Far right seizing COVID-19 ‘opportunity’ to expand: Study WinterHold 8 743 November 23, 2020 at 4:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 3293 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs EgoDeath 8 966 November 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 14352 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Donald Trump's wife says she "could be the most bullied person in the world" Seraphina 22 3229 October 14, 2018 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump says Saudi Arabia's King Salman 'would not last two weeks' without US support WinterHold 2 583 October 7, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 13784 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Orange rat says he will "do it under oath"? Brian37 10 2030 January 25, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty Tiberius 17 3204 January 21, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Norway Says "No Thanks." Minimalist 66 10403 January 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris