Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much pain can atheists withstand ?
RE: How much pain can atheists withstand ?
Administrator Notice
Let's rethink our language shall we?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 3, 2023 at 1:03 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Feel you. God in the bible compares people to his treasured possesion, sheep, clay that he can shape in to whatever he wants. After reading those verses I regreted being born sometimes. I am being viewed as almost like a slave by God. Thats tough. Yet there isn't anything I can do.

Jesus while being a proud asshole, makes really beautiful verses as well. I can see while so many people like him because of it.

-and yet, the people who work the hardest in the hottest sun, continue to go with jesus shit.  Probably, because, as you note, they've been told "jesus" means something other-than. Literally anything other than whatever they oppose.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 2, 2023 at 3:39 pm)The End of Atheism Wrote: As I leaf through dozens of miserable pages of discussions................

I doubt many atheists really think hell through. I mean, that's why they are atheists.

You are funny.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 3, 2023 at 2:54 pm)brewer Wrote:
(May 2, 2023 at 3:39 pm)The End of Atheism Wrote: As I leaf through dozens of miserable pages of discussions................

I doubt many atheists really think hell through. I mean, that's why they are atheists.

You are funny.

How can an atheist "challenge the Almighty God" when they don't believe that any god exists?  It makes no sense  
I challenge the purple dragon that isn't living in my kitchen!
Also I am not an atheist because I didn't "really think hell through"  -  I am an atheist because I don't believe in any gods
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(May 3, 2023 at 3:28 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote:
(May 3, 2023 at 2:54 pm)brewer Wrote: You are funny.

How can an atheist "challenge the Almighty God" when they don't believe that any god exists?  It makes no sense  
I challenge the purple dragon that isn't living in my kitchen!
Also I am not an atheist because I didn't "really think hell through"  -  I am an atheist because I don't believe in any gods

I have a dragon living in my kitchen, not made by god,....... made by my wife trying to put potato casserole down the disposal. It's roar makes me shiver and quake, then reach for the phone and check book.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You've got a better case for believing in the boogeyman than the christers do. Happy wife, happy life.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 3, 2023 at 1:03 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Jesus while being a proud asshole, makes really beautiful verses as well. I can see while so many people like him because of it.

Such as....?

Like, the one where he said even bitches deserve biscuits...or....? Honestly..what beautiful verses, and what makes you think a bunch of people who've never read the shit like him because he wrote what he didn't write and they'll never read?
Glad to see the forum has a new chew toy.
<insert profound quote here>
Rainbow 
(May 2, 2023 at 3:39 pm)The End of Atheism Wrote: As I leaf through dozens of miserable pages of discussions, I see some atheists go so far as to challenge the Almighty God and declare that they are prepared to go to Hell, that they would rather go to hell than -according to these weirdos- worship an unjust deity.

Awww. Threats of Hellfire and Damnation. I'm going to get all sentimental if this keeps up.  Heart  Sweety, you just need to realize that Jesus is way too woke for this Medieval bullshit.
I believe the OP has shat and ran
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 139 7854 June 12, 2024 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] The Purpose of Pain zwanzig 60 5293 February 9, 2021 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Nogba
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2260 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pathos article atheists can identify with. Brian37 6 2250 September 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Question How Much Evidence Will It Take You To Believe In God??? Edward John 370 43696 November 16, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheists: Can You Still Accept X'n Friends? Detachable 76 11568 August 12, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Jesster
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God? Delicate 510 91098 December 30, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 2: Proving Atheism False Heat 18 3517 December 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  True Origins of Man - Ascent to Dominance much more complicated than the bible's tale bussta33 1 1206 December 20, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Do we expect too much from human reason? Whateverist 132 26874 March 6, 2015 at 9:48 am
Last Post: comet