Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 10:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade
RE: Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade
(May 24, 2023 at 5:17 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(May 24, 2023 at 4:50 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: You think that because you’re under the mistaken impression that they give a shit about rights.  They do not.  They’re not shooting themselves in the foot, they’re shooting exactly what they mean to.

But thanks, anyway, on telling us all the value of learning to sympathize with terrorists.

You're making a mirror argument that dumbfuck conservatives made in the years following 9/11. "Look at these rare, few Muslim terrorist events, therefore you should fear the Muslims." Now it's turned into "Look at these extremely rare, few White terrorist events, therefore you should fear the whites." What are the actual chances, I, Irreligious Atheist, end up being a violent terrorist (murder)? One in millions is your answer. But you act like it's greater than 50 % or some shit. And I'm the conspiracy theorist?
You can’t even hold the idea of me in your mind when you talk to me. Instead, you bitch at me about all your culture war grievances.

Anywho, sure let’s talk about chances. The chances you’ll commit a hate crime may be one in a million, I’d wager it’s a great deal higher than that- but if it’s one in a million that’s still higher than anyone who hasn’t swallowed white supremacist nonsense, and judging by your worsening thematic rants, you’ve clearly been guzzling the shit.

Muslim terrorism is a great example. Despite the fact that people from nothereistan have murdered a vanishingly small fraction of all the people murdered in the us, we had ourselves a twenty year war. Meanwhile, white supremacist filth have been the consistent leaders in terrorist activity for all of American history. I don’t think they should be feared. I think they should be eliminated.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If that clip regarding a remark made by Jane Fonda is indicative of what IA soaks in every day, it's no wonder why the things posted are as screwed up as they are.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 24, 2023 at 5:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 24, 2023 at 4:45 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: I think this is a good clip to help people see that not all terrorism comes from mental illness, as was discussed earlier.

Jane Fonda says that the solution to anti-abortion laws is murder. When it's a right that is being taken away that you actually care about (unlike guns for most here), then you have a little sympathy for Jane feeling so hopeless and saying something like that. You can even imagine feminists making the argument that if civil war was the only means to protect AFABs rights, then that would be preferable to AFABs not having rights.

Just something to keep in mind for people who have no sympathy for those who care about some of their other constitutionally protected rights like arms and speech. Attacking or killing random people is obviously really dumb, though, and obviously it just leads to stricter gun laws and the surveillance state gaining ever increasing powers, so these people are just shooting their own movements in the foot.

You do realize that Ms. Fonda is not actually advocating murder, right?

Boru

Why didn't you provide a link for your claims?

She said murder was the answer. Now, people in the comments section of that video are perhaps taking that in bad faith by just claiming she would want random Christians or conservatives to be killed. I think perhaps she might have been referring to murdering anti-abortion law makers.
(May 24, 2023 at 6:08 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Acting as if Fonda speaks for millions doesn't strike me as well-supported.

It's not necessarily that she speaks for millions. But as someone personally who cares just as much about abortion rights, speech rights and gun rights, which is rare in a person I suppose, even though we disagree with Jane, we understand the deep sense of pain she is expressing, and people's initial reaction to what Jane says is a good test. I reckon that non-conservatives will react far differently to Jane's comment than they would a conservative saying "come and take it". That was my point of posting that. I know people's reactions watching that will be far different than watching a conservative say something similar.

Again, Jane's wrong. RBG shot her movement in the foot and refused to retire, causing a lot of AFABs their rights. Obama said codifying Roe was not a priority. The Dems ran Hillary, the worst choice, and laid out the red carpet for Trump to stroll in. I'd say backroom abortions are probably preferable to going around murdering people, or try to leave the state for an abortion, or legit Drs need to put their asses on the line and do these things anyways, against the law. These laws can still be reversed. A moral liberal Supreme Court could come to pass, eventually. But what if it only got more conservative? A lot of republicans would like to further take away AFABs rights. Contraception. Or gay marriage. Or there's even talk about interracial marriage.
(May 25, 2023 at 7:41 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(May 24, 2023 at 5:17 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: You're making a mirror argument that dumbfuck conservatives made in the years following 9/11. "Look at these rare, few Muslim terrorist events, therefore you should fear the Muslims." Now it's turned into "Look at these extremely rare, few White terrorist events, therefore you should fear the whites." What are the actual chances, I, Irreligious Atheist, end up being a violent terrorist (murder)? One in millions is your answer. But you act like it's greater than 50 % or some shit. And I'm the conspiracy theorist?
You can’t even hold the idea of me in your mind when you talk to me.  Instead, you bitch at me about all your culture war grievances.  

Anywho, sure let’s talk about chances.  The chances you’ll commit a hate crime may be one in a million, I’d wager it’s a great deal higher than that- but if it’s one in a million that’s still higher than anyone who hasn’t swallowed white supremacist nonsense, and judging by your worsening thematic rants, you’ve clearly been guzzling the shit.

Muslim terrorism is a great example.  Despite the fact that people from nothereistan have murdered a vanishingly small fraction of all the people murdered in the us, we had ourselves a twenty year war.  Meanwhile, white supremacist filth have been the consistent leaders in terrorist activity for all of American history.  I don’t think they should be feared.  I think they should be eliminated.

So now I find out you support the death penalty even though there are plenty of innocent black men we've killed on it? For shame.

How do we define terrorist so we can go and kill them all? Do we do a drone strike in Kentucky while the militia is doing their training? Is that how you want to carry this out? Based take there. Evil white pregnant nurses are around every corner looking to steal black mens bikes, and we should kill all the white militia men, just because, so we can prevent a one in a million attack. Very humanitarian of you.
Death penalty? Who said anything about a trial? At any rate, if we let this fester until we’re talking missiles….then missiles will probably be the best option at that point. I have no idea why you’d think I have a problem hitting terrorist training camps. I’m sure it doesn’t even register as surprise to any other member of the board that’s ever spoken to me. Useless for concern trolling or social criticism.

I see that you’ve decided you and a white militia have about the same odds of attacking us citizens. That’s not great. Are you a coward blustering or a fully activated nut contemplating?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 25, 2023 at 1:47 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(May 24, 2023 at 5:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You do realize that Ms. Fonda is not actually advocating murder, right?

Boru

Why didn't you provide a link for your claims?

She said murder was the answer. Now, people in the comments section of that video are perhaps taking that in bad faith by just claiming she would want random Christians or conservatives to be killed. I think perhaps she might have been referring to murdering anti-abortion law makers.

George Carlin once suggested that capital punishment more entertaining by firing the condemned out of a circus cannon into a brick wall. 

Not everything everyone says is meant to be taken seriously. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 25, 2023 at 2:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 25, 2023 at 1:47 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Why didn't you provide a link for your claims?

George Carlin once suggested that capital punishment more entertaining by firing the condemned out of a circus cannon into a brick wall. 

Boru

Look at her face when she says it. Completely straight faced. Then she says it again. Then she says we're not going back. It's a pretty hard cope to convince yourself that she was not being serious.
Let’s just assume she is. Is that not the correct response to the question?
(May 25, 2023 at 2:56 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(May 25, 2023 at 2:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: George Carlin once suggested that capital punishment more entertaining by firing the condemned out of a circus cannon into a brick wall. 

Boru

Look at her face when she says it. Completely straight faced. Then she says it again. Then she says we're not going back. It's a pretty hard cope to convince yourself that she was not being serious.

It’s apparently pretty hard to convince you that a lifelong peacenik who opposes violence is serious about murdering people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 14134 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6967 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 305 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 6372 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 6553 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 17678 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2896 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1159 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Protests in Belgrade FlatAssembler 3 315 July 16, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 2097 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU