Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade
RE: Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade
(July 10, 2023 at 1:22 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(July 9, 2023 at 9:41 pm)Tomato Wrote: At this point, he's definitely a highly interesting case for a psychologist.

Methinks that Flatty is getting here the best treatment he can get. Not even a paid psychologist would have this kind of patience to talk to him this long and thoroughly as some people on this forum.

If only I had the training and authority to prescribe something for him...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 9, 2023 at 6:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 9, 2023 at 5:48 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: If it was really a prison, we would expect that, at the visitor time, there come people to visit the inmates. The fact that there was nobody there at the visitor time suggests that it's not really a prison.

Did you investigate? You know, call the prison to find out why no one was there? Did you return to the prison on another day? Did you contact a government agency in charge of prisons to determine of the prison was closed or undergoing renovation?

Drawing a conclusion from one piece of questionable data doesn't sound very scientific.

Boru

But testing obvious ad-hoc hypotheses is also unscientific. The hypothesis that prison was undergoing renovation is an obvious ad-hoc hypothesis, it's inventing the reasons why an experiment wouldn't work.
(July 10, 2023 at 6:11 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(July 9, 2023 at 6:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Did you investigate? You know, call the prison to find out why no one was there? Did you return to the prison on another day? Did you contact a government agency in charge of prisons to determine of the prison was closed or undergoing renovation?

Drawing a conclusion from one piece of questionable data doesn't sound very scientific.

Boru

But testing obvious ad-hoc hypotheses is also unscientific. The hypothesis that prison was undergoing renovation is an obvious ad-hoc hypothesis, it's inventing the reasons why an experiment wouldn't work.

The renovation suggestion isn’t ad hoc - it isn’t even a hypothesis (and you didn’t conduct an ‘experiment’, strictly speaking).

If you suspect prisons may not exist, visiting one prison on one day is not a valid test of your hypothesis - it’s far too small a data set. All you demonstrated (assuming you went to the right building) is that that particular prison was empty on that particular day. Concluding from that alone that ‘prisons do not exist’ is an unjustified assumption. There are plenty of reasons why no one was at that building on the day you went (outlined previously).

Did you make any attempt to determine why no one was there? Did you visit any other prisons to see if they were empty? Did you contact the Bureau of Prisons (or whatever the Croatian equivalent is) for an explanation? Did you attempt to talk with people who claim to have been incarcerated to evaluate their testimony?

No. By your own admission, you made a sweeping generalization (‘prisons probably don’t exist’) based on one un-investigated datum (‘I visited a prison and no one was there’).

Helluva way to run a railroad.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:But testing obvious ad-hoc hypotheses is also unscientific. The hypothesis that prison was undergoing renovation is an obvious ad-hoc hypothesis, it's inventing the reasons why an experiment wouldn't work.
It's not ad hoc it's a perfectly reasonable explanation of why prison wasn't open when you went there. By contrast what you did was visit one prison at one time and then jumped to a massive conclusion on limited evidence and ignored any other explanation.

I mean here's the phone number of the very prison you visited. Freaking call them.

+385 31 201 199
If you go to the zoo and go to the elephant enclosure and don't see the elephant because it is inside being cared for by the zookeepers, you can safely assume that elephants don't exist. It doesn't matter that there a place for one, that there's a picture of it, that there are piles of dung...you don't see it so none of them exist.

Simply amazing logic.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

[Image: beamscott-300x227.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
If all your prisons are empty...you either don't need a gun for any reason, or you simply must have one for every thing. Not much middle ground on that one.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 10, 2023 at 11:46 am)arewethereyet Wrote: If you go to the zoo and go to the elephant enclosure and don't see the elephant because it is inside being cared for by the zookeepers, you can safely assume that elephants don't exist.  It doesn't matter that there a place for one, that there's a picture of it, that there are piles of dung...you don't see it so none of them exist.

Simply amazing logic.

Actually, he’d make the assumption that zoos don’t exist.

Boru
The best parts probably getting lost in the sauce. Hey...Flat, why'd you go to osijek prison?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 10, 2023 at 1:57 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: The best parts probably getting lost in the sauce.  Hey...Flat, why'd you go to osijek prison?

Well, I was living in Osijek back then, so it was by far the nearest prison. Besides, it was a lockdown, police were not allowing anybody to leave the city without explicit permission, so I could not reach other prisons even if I wanted to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 14167 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6996 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 305 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 6382 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 6572 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 17779 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2909 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1161 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Protests in Belgrade FlatAssembler 3 316 July 16, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 2105 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU