Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good exists - a Catholic comments
RE: Good exists - a Catholic comments
Yeah, IDK if you could easily draw an equivalence between yourself and Einstein, Heisenberg, or Dirac here. You think the argument is unsound. I agree, but this isn't/hasn't been enough to satisfy you. You have to declare it invalid, which..if it is, it's not in any obvious way. So..if you want to make the comparison stick. Give me some einstein/heisenberg/dirac level insights of formal propositions? It's okay to disagree with a good argument. Better, imo, than wasting your time disgreeing with shitty ones....which is what we end up doing, for the most part..here, sadly. I just want a better class of criminal, is that too much to ask? Wink

I feel like we're excluding our new friend Barry, so I've got one for him whenever he comes back round. I believe that every strong theistic utterance is the preamble to a crime. Change my mind.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:If we didn’t have free will, we would be robots
Cheers Barry
That's doesn't address my point
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:It doesn’t matter what you call God, but I’ve given the evidence, what’s your story to refute it. Sarcasm is fun but not useful. 

Cheers Barry
No you did not  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:Bball, it’s always lovely to hear from you. 
I suppose I see no other rational option. Jesus Christ certainly influenced me. 
If you come up with better evidence for our world existing I’ll ready to learn. 
God loves you,
Barry
Argument from ignorance any lack of an explanation does not equal therefore god (god isn't an explanation it's a stop-gap for ignorance)
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:Hi Bucky, you should be renamed Tricky. I’m agreeing to Yahweh. But back to a real question. I’ve offered the Universe as evidence for God. Instead of coming up with a red herring, how do you think the Universe began. Walt Disney?
No, you have not offered evidence you made an assertion and then an argument from ignorance  Dodgy

Quote:It’s easy to say that theists have the burden of proof. And then ignore the obvious proof. That’s very weak. 
No one ignored any proof you offered none. Assertions are not proof and arguments from ignorance are not proof. 

Quote:I’ve shown my hand. Show yours or fold. 
God loves you
Barry
No, you have not you have only made assertions and arguments from ignorance.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:Hi Gubu
It’s profound evidence. 
No, it's not 

Quote:It’s how we define God. 
I don't care how you define god. That's not evidence of god 

Quote:Prove how the universe exists without a divine creator. 
Don't need to you need to prove that it requires one and show that one exists 

Quote:Did it just happen? Is that rational?
Whether it did or not is irrelevant to you providing positive  evidence of god
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:Hi Raven,
God is not “mine”. God is. 
What could be greater evidence that the universe coming into existence from nothing. How can you ignore that? 
Cheers. Barry
Once again whether or not the universe "Came into existence from nothing or not " you have not established evidence of god you have simply attempted to define him into existence or again engage in an argument from ignorance.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

So let's sum up

1. pointing to the universe is not evidence of a god that's simply an assertion 

2. You can't just define god into existence 

3. The atheist has no burden of proof 

4. The atheist is not  required to have an alternative as not having one doesn't make the theists claim true 

5. Simply asserting "can't come from nothing " is not evidence of god

I think that covers it.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 20, 2023 at 8:23 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(August 20, 2023 at 8:10 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: So then, you're agreeing a deity from the Babylonian pantheon created the universe.
Who created the hot dense material that banged, and then tell us how long it existed (if indeed space-time existed yet), and the tell us how you know what you claim you know.

Goodness. 19 guests. I b'lieve we have the Freshman Apologetics Class from Biola here.
You poor fools. Ask for your tuition back. LMAO

Barry, were you not just criticizing someone for their English ? 
"I'll ready to learn" is worse than an incorrect possessive.

Bucky, a careless mistake is not the same as an ignorant one. I’m waging an international campaign against superfluous incorrect apostrophe’s. Join me. 
Imagine how much s’pace on the www it will ‘save.
Cheer’s ‘ B’arr’y
(August 20, 2023 at 8:49 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(August 20, 2023 at 8:24 pm)Barry Wrote: Hi O Grand one,
Great advice. I’m trying to work on my own knowledge. I was just driving 3 grandkids to school and on the way to picking them up  and after dropping them off I was listening to a 23 hour audio book on Catholic Apologetics. Just started it. And I’m also watching a 7 hour video series on the existence of god. 
Chatting in this forum is actually helping me focus on the issues being discussed in these programs I’m studying.  
Cheers Barry

We knew you were a beginner.

Now there are 34 guests, what is this, a fucking motel ?
Tongue

BBall
We all have to begin somewhere,  like the Universe when god created it. 
God loves you Barry
PS if I’m so pathetic, just ignore me. But I’ll miss you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 452 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4735 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 2052 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1750 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 1051 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2926 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2492 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 786 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2536 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 2244 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire